Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If Gordon isn't brought back, Drake is the RB we should target.
    No way I'm spending money on a FA RB if I can help it...too many options in the draft, all the way through the fifth and sixth rounds, cheap, low mileage....and we already have Eke and JJ.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

No way I'm spending money on a FA RB if I can help it...too many options in the draft, all the way through the fifth and sixth rounds, cheap, low mileage....and we already have Eke and JJ.
      So when Ekeler becomes a unrestricted free agent after next season, you will want to let him walk for the same price or a bit lower we can get Drake?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Send PM

So when Ekeler becomes a unrestricted free agent after next season, you will want to let him walk for the same price or a bit lower we can get Drake?
        Pay Ekeler if we can, or replace him with JJ/draft. No to Drake, J MO

Sad, unfair....but true that big contracts for RB'S are a risky proposition, because their effectiveness can go downhill so quickly....willing to pay out some to home grown guys....chemistry, loyalty, lockerroom moral...but not a big fan of signing FA RBs....unless it's the final piece.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Pay Ekeler if we can, or replace him with JJ/draft. No to Drake, J MO

Sad, unfair....but true that big contracts for RB'S are a risky proposition, because their effectiveness can go downhill so quickly....willing to pay out some to home grown guys....chemistry, loyalty, lockerroom moral...but not a big fan of signing FA RBs....unless it's the final piece.
          I don't think 5-6 mil per is a big contract for a proven, good RB. I'd pay that to both Ek and Drake. That's two for one for what Gordon was asking.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

I don't think 5-6 mil per is a big contract for a proven, good RB. I'd pay that to both Ek and Drake. That's two for one for what Gordon was asking.
            Asking NEVER getting.
            Just replace RBs through draft at rookie contract. If they sign elsewhere get comp pick in return. No need to waste an additional $4-$5 million yearly unless we get another LT type talent.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

That's 5 to 6 mil a year to put towards oline help, or to resigning our own players. Never had a 1000 yds or 10 TDs...I wouldn't call that proven....just promising....so are some of the RBS coming out in the draft. Drake wouldn't be a bad pickup, per say....but just not the way I would go...there is a better way IMO...but I'll say no more.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

That's 5 to 6 mil a year to put towards oline help, or to resigning our own players. Never had a 1000 yds or 10 TDs...I wouldn't call that proven....just promising....so are some of the RBS coming out in the draft. Drake wouldn't be a bad pickup, per say....but just not the way I would go...there is a better way IMO...but I'll say no more.
                Let me take a guess...this big bruiser?

image.png

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Let me take a guess...this big bruiser?

image.png
                  emdiggy likes him some Dillon,
                  and not just for his size.

Swifty has enough size--more than you'd think...elements of Shady or LT !!

Guess what ? beach is not bat crazy !
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Send PM

Big AJ Dillon fan....he probably ends up in my final mock...he was in one of my early versions.

Ton of RBS to like, from JK Dobbins and Swift early, to mid rounders like Moss, Edwards-Helaire, Perine...to late round gems like Dillon, Benny Lemay, and James Robinson....and all the ones in between...

Again, another reason to avoid spending on FA RBs....ton of options this draft.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

emdiggy likes him some Dillon,
                      and not just for his size.

Swifty has enough size--more than you'd think...elements of Shady or LT !!

Guess what ? beach is not bat crazy !
                      Swifty is so good, he probably goes in round 2, maybe even at the end of round 1. If we go QB at #6, I'd rather get an OT in round 2, then look for a RB around rounds 4-5. Dillon should be there round 4, maybe even 5...

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Big AJ Dillon fan....he probably ends up in my final mock...he was in one of my early versions.

Ton of RBS to like, from JK Dobbins and Swift early, to mid rounders like Moss, Edwards-Helaire, Perine...to late round gems like Dillon, Benny Lemay, and James Robinson....and all the ones in between...

Again, another reason to avoid spending on FA RBs....ton of options this draft.
                        Edwards-Helaire is a heckuva player.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Ha, Gordon has one 1000 yard season. Drake had over 800 last year with under 200 carries. Has a career 4.8 YPC. Dude makes big plays, who wouldn't want that and you say he isn't proven?
                          He beat out David Johnson to be AZs #1 RB. Is DJ a proven RB?
                          He is a better rusher than Ekeler who some here want to give 10.mil (crazy talk).

I'd take Drake in a heartbeat and yes over AJ Dillon who would be cheaper but not the HR threat Drake is. We still have JJ cheap and Ekeler will be pretty cheap with his tender.

I'm not against drafting a RB either. Just saying I'd love to have Drake whomis better and will be cheaper than Gordon. and since there is talk of Gordon possibly being brought back I'm just saying I'd rather have Drake. Otherwise totally on board with drafting a running back.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-19-2020, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X