Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Snacks anyone ?
    I haven’t kept up much since 2016
    hes made his money though and hasn’t lived up so he shouldn’t break the bank
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I haven’t kept up much since 2016
      hes made his money though and hasn’t lived up so he shouldn’t break the bank
      No. No. Was asking if you were hungry.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I know busts can happen any round and in any position
        but I have to admit a bias, I was all in on Greg Robinson that year.
        I don’t know if my logic is right or not, but I get the feeling that it’s not worth the risk chasing after “elite traits” in offensive linemen.
        I get the feeling that what matters most with OL is their ability to play in sync with the other 4 and not necessarily any one trait such as strength, agility, smarts etc
        Eite traits are always good, but more than other positions, there seems to be a requisite amount of all traits that all OLmen need
        contrast to a wide receiver who also needs requisite traits but can really benefit from 1 elite trait.

again, humbly, idk, just a feeling I get from comparing skill positions to linemen
        Traits are 25% of my grading system. I come from this perspective. When you are grading prospects on game tape performance and have 2 with comparable game tape grades traits are the factor that separates. 2 or more comparable prospects via tape study, I’ll always have the prospects with better physical, measurables traits rated higher.
        Last edited by like54ninjas; 02-21-2020, 07:35 AM.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Traits are 25% of my grading system. I come from this perspective. When you are grading prospects on game tape performance and have 2 with comparable game tape grades traits are the factor that separates. 2 or more comparable prospects via tape study, I’ll always have the prospects with better physical, measurables traits rated higher.
          Of course, you also need to factor in any character red flags, injuries and injury history. Many factors...

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Of course, you also need to factor in any character red flags, injuries and injury history. Many factors...
            Character/personality flaws are rarely known outside the scouting community other than crimes or public disclosures.
            Injury history sure but if their medicals are cleared then past injuries are small factors. These medical evaluations we don’t have a clue so I can’t factor them in.
            Team interviews at the combine would be fascinating to sit in on.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Thinking of Ek this morning and just curious how some of the TT haters give him nothing for this FA draft pickup? That was hitting the lotto without burning 1 pick. I hadn't seen anyone say anything about what a great pickup that was.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
                Thinking of Ek this morning and just curious how some of the TT haters give him nothing for this FA draft pickup? That was hitting the lotto without burning 1 pick. I hadn't seen anyone say anything about what a great pickup that was.
                Goes without saying. He was a good find as many UDFAs they find have . Makes up for the actual picks they miss on.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Goes without saying. He was a good find as many UDFAs they find have . Makes up for the actual picks they miss on.
                  Not totally...when I think of all TT's whiffs in the draft, there have been many. Ekkie HELPS make up for maybe ONE of those big whiffs...but we are still behind where we are due to all those busts and semi-busts...

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Not totally...when I think of all TT's whiffs in the draft, there have been many. Ekkie HELPS make up for maybe ONE of those big whiffs...but we are still behind where we are due to all those busts and semi-busts...
                    You know this but you forget - no GM hits on all his picks.. TT is probably abut average.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Agreed.I woulda cut ties with TT after this season and his woeful draft but I feel him and Lynn got one last shot to make it back to the playoffs or the spaznos are gonna hafta suck it up and move on contracts be damned.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Agreed.I woulda cut ties with TT after this season and his woeful draft but I feel him and Lynn got one last shot to make it back to the playoffs or the spaznos are gonna hafta suck it up and move on contracts be damned.
                        Yep...I was ready to clean house this year...look how Lynch and Rat Jr. turned around the Niners so quickly...yep...TT is just average...or kinda below average...

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

You know this but you forget - no GM hits on all his picks.. TT is probably abut average.
                          Yup.

Comment

Working...
                          X