• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

And if you need documented proof of things gone sideways... Google "Chariot Canyon Massacre" to see what became of a friend/associate of mine...
    Guns, alcohol, and egos just don't mix very well.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Nope - personal experience, and I've seen many guys (and a few gals) tossed out of firing ranges or competitions for inadvertently sweeping someone. Brandishing a handgun violates every gun safety rule in existence. One (very) minor slip up and you go from brandishing to manslaughter or attempted murder.

It generally takes 5 - 7 lbs of pressure to depress the trigger on most self defense type pistols (Glocks, etc) - that's not very much . . . . .
      I'm aware as a former soldier and competitive shooter. Firearms safety rules are intentionally redundant to protect us from deadly mistakes such as the "Rust" killing.
      I was reacting to the apparent statement that it is common for you all to be in the company of someone who pulls a gun to bully you, personally.
      I'm aware of the rising incidence of senseless murders. Let's steer away from this discussion on our football forum.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Grew up in the east county of SD. The raging buttholes were fellow HS students. 2 of the occurrences involved a girl, a lie, and offended rednecks. 2 separate occurrences involved alcohol, a need to be heard, and a need to win an argument... different rednecks. Later in life, I lived in the Central Valley. Those two incidences involved intimidation... and rednecks. No one arrested, no drugs, no criminals, no mental illness... just hurt feelings and a need to be right or intimidate. Nothing I couldn't talk my way out of. Reason and de-escalation were better deterrents than any firearm... in fact, I'm real glad I didn't have a firearm. I feel that it worked in my advantage. In every instance, I let them know... you're the one with the gun, you're in charge, I pose no threat, what do you need from me...?
        Good choice. I grew up, went to school a couple miles north of Tia Juana. I have some experience and would encourage "ratting out" anyone who makes a deadly threat illegally.
        Not the 90 lb,70 yo lady who pulls a gun on an unarmed teenager that tries to physically intimidate/ abuse/ rob her.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

And if you need documented proof of things gone sideways... Google "Chariot Canyon Massacre" to see what became of a friend/associate of mine...
          Sorry about your buddy.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Know the area well, did some prospecting at Borrego Springs. The gunfight was a historically traditional activity. I live within a mile of an old mine in the Mother Load, still prospect occasionally. No gunplay though.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Know the area well, did some prospecting at Borrego Springs. The gunfight was a historically traditional activity. I live within a mile of an old mine in the Mother Load, still prospect occasionally. No gunplay though.
              I love traveling up to your part of the woods. Sonora was/is a favorite of mine.
              My grandfather was a miner/prospector/rockhoud... loved exploring slag piles as a kid.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Odell Beckham agrees with Ravens on 1 year “up to” $18m deal

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Holy crap . . . . . . I'm willing to believe that he's still a 'good' receiver, but that kind of money at this point in his career - that's insane. Ravens already spending Lamar's money . . . . on a receiver - ironic . . . . . .

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    I'm pretty sure the Ravens insisted on some firm riders in that contract regarding OBJ's behavior and work habits. It's possible these were tied in to salary escalators. Something like:

1. Mr. Beckham will earn an extra $1 million per season if he will refrain from tweeting any Tweets during the entire season.
                    2. Mr. Beckham will earn an extra $2 million per season if he fully runs all routes and does not break off routes until after all plays are whistled dead.
                    3. Mr. Beckham will earn an extra $3 million per season if he receives NO unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for the entire season.
                    4. Mr. Beckham will earn an extra $4 million per season if he will refrain from kicking the kicking net during the entire season.
                    5. Mr. Beckham will earn an extra $5 million per season if he refrains from getting down on all fours and walking like a dog and simulating canine urination after scoring touchdowns.

Let's see, did I miss anything?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I'm pretty sure the Ravens insisted on some firm riders in that contract regarding OBJ's behavior and work habits. It's possible these were tied in to salary escalators. Something like:

1. Mr. Beckham will earn an extra $1 million per season if he will refrain from tweeting any Tweets during the entire season.
                      2. Mr. Beckham will earn an extra $2 million per season if he fully runs all routes and does not break off routes until after all plays are whistled dead.
                      3. Mr. Beckham will earn an extra $3 million per season if he receives NO unsportsmanlike conduct penalties for the entire season.
                      4. Mr. Beckham will earn an extra $4 million per season if he will refrain from kicking the kicking net during the entire season.
                      5. Mr. Beckham will earn an extra $5 million per season if he refrains from getting down on all fours and walking like a dog and simulating canine urination after scoring touchdowns.

Let's see, did I miss anything?
                      I believe these are referred to in NFL contract circles as 'incentives unlikely to be achieved'

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

This could be a franchise-changing draft for the Texans. They have Nos. 2, 12, 33, 65, 73 & 104. Six picks in roughly the first 100. They've got to spend those picks wisely.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          This could be a franchise-changing draft for the Texans. They have Nos. 2, 12, 33, 65, 73 & 104. Six picks in roughly the first 100. They've got to spend those picks wisely.
                          Would you trade Herbert for those picks?

Comment

Working...
                          X