Not always but sometimes it actually is
    More people on this board actually want T Billy over Deandre Hopkins

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I know he's good . . . . . . but I'd rather have a couple of 5 mil / year quality backup edge rushers . . . . . . . that position scares me
      I would too - I have stated my preference is to upgrade TE, Safety and Edge . But the Chargers should at least be talking to DHop as they could pay him $11m pretty easily this year with the cap space they have and a couple players released.

But also why did the Chiefs and Bills at the draft - try to trade for DHop? But DHop didn't want to change his contract so no deal was done. They both are better teams than the Chargers and they are still trying to upgrade the roster. I know the Chargers WR room is looking pretty good and Hopkins has had injuries - but if healthy - he would be the best WR on the Chargers.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We thought we were loaded last season. Saw how that worked out
        That could happen again this year, if it does, that's the time to pay an veteran WR. But right now we have a lot of talent at WR.

If you favor adding Hopkins, do you plan on keeping 7 WRs or do you have to cut someone to do it? If so, who do you cut? Remember that Hopkins has only been able to play in 10 games in 2021 and only 9 games last year. Considering that, I guess you'd have to keep 7.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
          If the Raiders don’t want to pay Devonte Adam’s I’d be for Trading Kennan Allen for Devonte Adam’s.
          Raiders dont have a problem paying him, Adams has a problem with the teams direction and getting rid of Carr after he signed with them to play with Carr.

We arent trading for him and his 25 mil a year contract.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

That could happen again this year, if it does, that's the time to pay an veteran WR. But right now we have a lot of talent at WR.

If you favor adding Hopkins, do you plan on keeping 7 WRs or do you have to cut someone to do it? If so, who do you cut? Remember that Hopkins has only been able to play in 10 games in 2021 and only 9 games last year. Considering that, I guess you'd have to keep 7.
            Just odd the way this forum thinks. Keenan missed significant time last season for the first time in 5 seasons and he is deemed too old and fragile but lets bring on Hopkins being the same age...and cut players to do it and release Keenan after this season.

Im not taking anything away from Hopkins as a reciever, he has been good but he only ran a 4.57 at the combine so he isnt adding any speed for us and has missed many games the past 2 seasons.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

We thought we were loaded last season. Saw how that worked out
              Last offseason. KA, MW, Palmer, Guyton looked pretty good. And in spite of the injuries, Chargers were #3 in passing yards for the season
              KA, MW, QJ, Palmer, DD, Guyton looks significantly better.
              What we lacked was run / pass balance in production. #3 pass, #30 run didn't work out well. #13 scoring offense didn't get the job done.
              Moore is charged with spreading the D out and making them more vulnerable.and we appear to have the players to do it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

image.png
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Hopkins was suspended for 6 games last season. In 2021 he missed games due to injury. Other than that he’s never missed. He’s a dynamic playmaker type receiver. One of the premiere guys in the league. I was thinking you sign him and trade Keenan or MW for some picks. Somebody will bite especially when their #1 goes down in training camp. He’s just different. He’s got dog in him. I like KA and MW but that combo hasn’t yielded the desired result. That’s all. Just mix it up.

Hopkins has never played with a great QB unless u put DeShaun in that category and that was only 2 years.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Hopkins was suspended for 6 games last season. In 2021 he missed games due to injury. Other than that he’s never missed. He’s a dynamic playmaker type receiver. One of the premiere guys in the league. I was thinking you sign him and trade Keenan or MW for some picks. Somebody will bite especially when their #1 goes down in training camp. He’s just different. He’s got dog in him. I like KA and MW but that combo hasn’t yielded the desired result. That’s all. Just mix it up.

Hopkins has never played with a great QB unless u put DeShaun in that category and that was only 2 years.
                    I like the idea but Telesco would never dream to grow the cajones to make that move.
                    never.
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Ah, I wasn't aware of the suspension. That puts a different slant on it for me. I thought two years in a row of injury problems and over 30, not good. But now, finding that out, I like your idea. He's sure a top WR. I agree with 21&500 though. I can't imagine TT doing it.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Is the desired result more than 2280 yards, 15 TDs and 182 reception combined and one led the league in over 40 yard catches?

Thats what they did in 2021 when healthy.

Keenan and D-Hop had very similar stats last season so we arent gaining anything imo.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 05-27-2023, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

PEDs suspension. Sounds like a trace of something in a non-league approved supplement. The old guy is trying to keep up anyway.
                          Good player, not a great fit.

Comment

Working...
                          X