• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Depends who's asking and when. That said I do remember Gruden putting out that mindset during the draft. He's got full control ei. the Belicheat role with the Raiders. If you've got that position of power AND are winning its hard to disagree with the guy.
    Actually he doesn't have full control and Mayock reels him in on things. Or at least Mayock saves him from himself lol.
    I read many articles on how they work together here in Vegas.
    Gruden did not want to cut Antonio Brown but Mayock said screw that guy. He gone.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SurfRyder View Post
      For full disclosure, Raider fan here...go ahead give me shot. First time posting here because I found this interesting. Of course I don't expect Coach Lynn to throw his guys under the bus, but for perspective the standard answer from Gruden or Mayock to a question like this is..."We are always looking to improve at every position" Yeah just coach speak or cliche answer, but I still think hearing your bosses say that accomplishes something. We want to get better/light a fire under guys asses because if they don't perform, they are replaced. The first thing I thought was like a parent trying to be their kids friend instead of a good parent.
      Actually feel sorry for you guys this week...Tennessee gets to postpone a game, but you guys have to go in without your entire starting oline? If it starts getting ugly, I would throw in the towel and put Mariota out there...you guys are looking competitive, why blow it by getting Carr killed?
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Actually he doesn't have full control and Mayock reels him in on things. Or at least Mayock saves him from himself lol.
        I read many articles on how they work together here in Vegas.
        Gruden did not want to cut Antonio Brown but Mayock said screw that guy. He gone.
        hmm that is indeed interesting. Gruden was given a $100million 10-year contract which seems like he'll out live any GM's career as a Raider.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

hmm that is indeed interesting. Gruden was given a $100million 10-year contract which seems like he'll out live any GM's career as a Raider.
          Working together they are drafting pretty well though they obviously screwed the pooch on Lynn Bowden.
          But if Gruden didn't have Mayock, he would be reaching a lot as Mayock helps him be patient. Gruden wanted Mayock on board with him.
          May have been Gruden who wanted Mariota and that hasn't worked very well lol.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Can we officially end the Was it Brady or Belicheck in New England debate?
            Brady still winning, Pats suck.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              To be fair, the Bucs have a LOT more talent than the Pats do. Give Belicheck the Bucs roster and they are undefeated.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Minshew to be benched for Glennon @ JAC.

Glennon was benched for Trubisky @ CHI.

Trubisky was benched for Foles @ CHI.

Foles originally benched for Minshew @ JAC.

:shrug:
                Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Minshew to be benched for Glennon @ JAC.

Glennon was benched for Trubisky @ CHI.

Trubisky was benched for Foles @ CHI.

Foles originally benched for Minshew @ JAC.

:shrug:
                  Glennon is horrible so nothing will change. Well, except their offense will be worse.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Just finished watching Sunday night football... what a game. I was impressed with both team’s game plan and time management. The teams made plays at critical times. Towards the end of regulation, Arizona D was able to trick Seattle with some zone blitzes. I think on one of the plays, they showed an all out blitz but ended up dropping four in coverage so only three rushed on one side and the corner back was the one that sacked Wilson. Very creative. I was thinking to myself, why can’t Gus come up with those kind of plays. OT was handled beautifully by both coaches. I don’t think Lynn could have handled it the same way.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      I still think it’s early.
                      9ers are feast or famine
                      NE obviously didn’t have the ability to stop their ground game.
                      It’s definitely leaning towards Brady, but I think it’s far from obvious
                      yet.
                      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

AB.
                        TB was doing fine.
                        Arians may be getting too hungry and greedy for his biscuits.
                        Shudda said no to TB12.
                        We'll see.

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• SurfRyder
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Actually feel sorry for you guys this week...Tennessee gets to postpone a game, but you guys have to go in without your entire starting oline? If it starts getting ugly, I would throw in the towel and put Mariota out there...you guys are looking competitive, why blow it by getting Carr killed?
                          Honestly, my big concern this week was keeping Carr healthy. No real expectation of winning when your o-line has zero reps to prep for a D like TB with all the looks and blitzes they can throw at you.

Comment

Working...
                          X