• Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

If you want and need Oline so bad.
    Give up the picks to get Sewell-OT.
    I don't see Atlanta being great next year or making playoffs. Maybe they will. And maybe you could hedge the bet.
    #13 and 2022 1st and 3rd.
    For
    #4 overall and 2022 5th

If you think you going be in playoff then that 3rd is outside top 85 picks. And often there very little difference between # 85 and number #185 all the way through udfa. So you pick up the 5th to get a pick back.

You only lose the one pick and you sign a proven veteran olineman like Thuney-LG this year and just tell yourself he is your 1st rd pick selection in 2022.

And now you have Sewell-OT and Thuney-LG right now.

Small bets make small money.
    Big bets make big money
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      https://sports.yahoo.com/2020-first-...l?guccounter=1

Don’t remember much about this kid pre draft but what an idiot
      see you on the Bengals or Chiefs next season
      Isaiah Wilson...DUI, trespassing, what a mess...wonder if there were any red flags on him pre-draft...points to need to really research draft picks...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I thnk the 2nd is too steep for Slater - the Chargers have a lot of needs and can't be giving up valuable picks like that. If you miss out on Slater, see if there is a trade back scenario to get more mid round picks. Chargers are not a LT away from being good - plus they need some youth at other positions: CB, DL, Edge players and more OL depth.

I might be willing to part with the Comp 3rd round pick and the TN pick to move up to 10 - thats pretty fair. But a second is way too much.
        I looked before I made the trade.

It is a reasonable question ... Slater + OL after 45 vs AVT + OL available at 45 + ?

If we bite the bullet, there will be useful players at positions of need there's good depth!) @ Comp 3rd and the TN pick for us to use accordingly.

Is Creed that much better @ #45 than Meinerz at @ #97, after we have just selected Slater, and signed Scherff (better fit than Thuney) ?

It goes back to Jeremiah...just how good is Slater ?

My fault for spending too much time with The Machine, but daggumit, let's leave no rock unturned, Knobber.

:stirpot:
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          If you want and need Oline so bad.
          Give up the picks to get Sewell-OT.
          I don't see Atlanta being great next year or making playoffs. Maybe they will. And maybe you could hedge the bet.
          #13 and 2022 1st and 3rd.
          For
          #4 overall and 2022 5th

If you think you going be in playoff then that 3rd is outside top 85 picks. And often there very little difference between # 85 and number #185 all the way through udfa. So you pick up the 5th to get a pick back.

You only lose the one pick and you sign a proven veteran olineman like Thuney-LG this year and just tell yourself he is your 1st rd pick selection in 2022.

And now you have Sewell-OT and Thuney-LG right now.

Small bets make small money.
          Big bets make big money
          It all depends on grading the OTs but if Slater is up there - I am not sure the Chargers need to get to 4 to get Sewell. Plus the Falcons need to take a QB. Ryan has one more year left (probably).

In look at the order: Broncos at 9 just signed Bolles so they probably are out on Slater; Dallas - with Tyron Smith, and his cap charge, probably out plus they need CB and defense; The Giants drafted Thomas - so they are probably out. The 49ers are the tricky team if they lose Trent Williams

Chargers might be able to use their 3rd and the TN 6th to get to say 10 or 11 and get ahead of the Niners for Slater. Depending on draft grades - that might be more palatable

For Thuney - thats just cap space - rescind Mike Williams or let HH test free agency - easy as that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I think Joe Lombardi will do a lot of the things that Kyle Shanahan does in SF on offense.
            I think Gainwell compares to Raheem Mostert and Matt Breida better than Sproles... although he'll be a better receiver than Mostert/Breida. In that way, he'll be more like Sproles.
            Eventually, Gainwell will play at 205 pounds... he has the 5'11" frame comfortably carry that weight. He'd be a great rotation with Eke, JJ, and Kelly.
            Mostert is 205 lbs and he hasnt been a model of health either. He has missed a lot of games and Breida they traded to Miami after being on the block for some time. And he was injured often this past season.

Yes he is 5'11", (may measure between 5'10 and 5'11") but if you dont have the girth, you dont have the girth. Will he be able to reach 205 lbs?

Davonte Smith is a skinny fuck. You think he is going to reach 200 lbs just because of his height? I dont. Some guys cant keep weight on. We'll see. He opted out this past season so if he is going to be bigger, this is the time right?

I know we will draft a RB so we'll see but i think we get a RB with more size since the only one we had last season that wasnt injured was Kelly. We already have Ekeler to play out wide and in the slot at times.

The two they have met with IMO are probably more late round or UDFA types. Not sure they keep Jackson with his injury history.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-23-2021, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I looked before I made the trade.

It is a reasonable question ... Slater + OL after 45 vs AVT + OL available at 45 + ?

If we bite the bullet, there will be useful players at positions of need there's good depth!) @ Comp 3rd and the TN pick for us to use accordingly.

Is Creed that much better @ #45 than Meinerz at @ #97, after we have just selected Slater, and signed Scherff (better fit than Thuney) ?

It goes back to Jeremiah...just how good is Slater ?

My fault for spending too much time with The Machine, but daggumit, let's leave no rock unturned, Knobber.

:stirpot:
              Jeremiah has Slater rated higher than Sewell...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Usually dudes would have some BS I'm sorry I let my team down, my family down PR message. "I'm done with football as a Titan" tells me two things. 1. Kid blames other folks. 2. He must not like being a multi-millionaire pro athlete.
                Here is a Raider that Mayock/Gruden signed now bad mouthing the Cowboys lol. Like it is their fault he got suspended indefinitely for substance abuse.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...or-the-cowboys

They have another one that just got arrested for drag racing and avading cops. Same guy that got released by Seattle for trying to sneak a woman in his room in TC.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Mostert is 205 lbs and he hasnt been a model of health either. He has missed a lot of games and Breida they traded to Miami after being on the block for some time.

Yes he is 5'11", (may measure between 5'10 and 5'11") but if you dont have the girth, you dont have the girth. Davonte Smith is a skinny fuck. You think he is going to reach 200 lbs just because of his height? I dont. Some guys cant keep weight on. He was listed at 195 and then he lost 4 lbs to 191 which then sent the red flag for me.

I know you like him which is cool and i think he is a good player but he is a part time player type with his slight build. I know we will draft a RB so we'll see but i think we get a RB with more size since the only one we had last season that wasnt injured was Kelly.

The two they have met with IMO are probably more late round or UDFA types. Not sure they keep Jackson with his injury history.
                  Remember when the Bolts drafted Tevin "The Human Toothpick" Reese? 5-10, and 170#...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Here is a Raider that Mayock/Gruden signed now bad mouthing the Cowboys lol. Like it is their fault he got suspended indefinitely for substance abuse.

They have another one that just got arrested for drag racing and avading cops. Same guy that got released by Seattle for trying to sneak a woman in his room in TC.
                    Couldn’t happen to a better franchise.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Remember when the Bolts drafted Tevin "The Human Toothpick" Reese? 5-10, and 170#...
                      There are many slight players that didnt last long. Fred Smoot? He was good til he got broken. McCluster lol, ....165 lbs. He played for some years but as a RB he had only 1 season with at least 100 carries and never came close again. The Chiefs also drafted DeAnthoney Thomas who only returns kicks at 175 lbs. Many Bolt fans wanted that guy. I wsnt one of them lol.

Who was that little guy the Broncos drafted late or was a UDFA who returned KO's? Man he was small and got blasted one time into oblivian. I think he was only 5'5" 160 or something from LSU. I thought he was going to get seriously disabled in the league.

Now Gainwell is a lot bigger than those guys so im not trying to slide him in there, but i just want players that wont be hurt all the time and can break some tackles at RB. There are many more options who can also catch than Gainwell and we have Ek to play out wide or in the slot at times.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

There are many slight players that didnt last long. Fred Smoot? He was good til he got broken. McCluster lol, ....165 lbs. He played for some years but as a RB he had only 1 season with at least 100 carries and never came close again. The Chiefs also drafted DeAnthoney Thomas who only returns kicks at 175 lbs. Many Bolt fans wanted that guy. I wsnt one of them lol.

Who was that little guy the Broncos drafted late or was a UDFA who returned KO's? Man he was small and got blasted one time into oblivian. I think he was only 5'5" 160 or something from LSU. I thought he was going to get seriously disabled in the league.

Now Gainwell is a lot bigger than those guys so im not trying to slide him in there, but i just want players that wont be hurt all the time and can break some tackles at RB. There are many more options who can also catch than Gainwell and we have Ek to play out wide or in the slot at times.
                        Our own Andre Coleman. That kid was an exciting return guy.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

What sucks is some of these guys don't have a figure in their life providing a strong enough presence to keep them on the right path. Not saying they need to be choir boys but damn, get paid!! Anyone or anything preventing you from getting paid you've got to have a problem with. As I type these words my first thought is about or new ST's coach. His goal is to ensure employment in the NFL for any player that makes say the practice squad or whatever. Getting $100k, $250k, $1 million total income in the NFL can spring board your life forever. Sad part is I don't think these kids realize that.

Comment

Working...
                          X