Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
      Eu_5CQKXUAA1QWY.jpeg
      Cleveland fans are thrilled.

I have been having twitter exchanges with like Aditi K from NFLN and other Steeler and non-Steeler fans. (In fact I lost a bet and now I owe a donation to the Pittsburgh food back - going to add Houston too ). I think at least half the Steelers fans do not want him back period as they think he is done and not worst the future cost. Some do want him back. Some thing he is going to take a pay cut. Most think he is going to restructure which will just add dead cap space to 2022. And if he does restructure and kicks the can, like you said, Cleveland and Baltimore will be thrilled

My thing - how competitive a team can you put around Ben even if he takes a pay cut Is he the right QB? Personally, I am glad that he will be back as I think they will make moves to bring back an older team to try to be competitive.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

JJ Watt is the odds-on favorite to land in Pittsburgh to play with his brothers. If Ben takes a major haircut, they can swing Watt. That is the only positive I see.

Pittsburgh will not win a playoff game.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

JJ Watt is the odds-on favorite to land in Pittsburgh to play with his brothers. If Ben takes a major haircut, they can swing Watt. That is the only positive I see.

Pittsburgh will not win a playoff game.
          If Watt wants to go to Pitt to play with his brothers - thats fine. But part of the way the Steelers make the salary is by cutting Derek Watt. So my guess, that doesn't happen
          Just don't make it out that he is "trying to win"
          Buffalo, Green Bay still make the most sense to me

I go back and forth on JJ Watt as a Charger. Part of me thinks they need somebody who will be good the next three years to go with Herbert, Bosa, Allen and the group now

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If Watt wants to go to Pitt to play with his brothers - thats fine
            Just don't make it out that he is "trying to win"
            Buffalo, Green Bay still make the most sense to me

I go back and forth on JJ Watt as a Charger. Part of me thinks they need somebody who will be good the next three years to go with Herbert, Bosa, Allen and the group now

To your earlier point.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

To your earlier point.
                For him to truly help without kicking the can - his salary would need to go from $19.5m to around $5.5m. I just don't think Ben R is playing next season for 5.5m -maybe he is. Good for him if he does

I think most fans - reading twitter - just want to cut the chord, suck it up, clean up their cap (so that might mean releasing other players like Joe Haden this year, let other contracts expire) and move forward in 2022.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I have been having twitter exchanges with like Aditi K from NFLN and other Steeler and non-Steeler fans. (In fact I lost a bet and now I owe a donation to the Pittsburgh food back - going to add Houston too ). I think at least half the Steelers fans do not want him back period as they think he is done and not worst the future cost. Some do want him back. Some thing he is going to take a pay cut. Most think he is going to restructure which will just add dead cap space to 2022. And if he does restructure and kicks the can, like you said, Cleveland and Baltimore will be thrilled

My thing - how competitive a team can you put around Ben even if he takes a pay cut Is he the right QB? Personally, I am glad that he will be back as I think they will make moves to bring back an older team to try to be competitive.
                  Nothing new there. Seems the same conversations we had here about Rivers.

Ive said Ben revealed he didnt care what his pay was two or three weeks ago. He was playing well til whatever happened. Dont know if he had a injury bothering him or what.

In anycase, Rudolph is stil a downgrade so not sure what Steeler fans think they will get if he leaves. He will get one more chance anyways it seems and they need to plan for the future without him.

Personally i dont care if he plays again or not and what they do with his salary isnt our problem so i dont care.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ive said Ben revealed he didnt care what his pay was two or three weeks ago. He was playing well til whatever happened. Dont know if he had a injury bothering him or what.

In anycase, Rudolph is stil a downgrade so not sure what Steeler fans think they will get if he leaves. He will get one more chance anyways it seems and they need to plan for the future without him.

Personally i dont care if he plays again or not and what they do with his salary isnt our problem so i dont care.
                    I'm not personally invested in this anyway either, brother. I just find it amusing that Big Ben has forced a NFL farewell tour.

The Chargers handled the Rivers' divorce to Justin Herbert transition so well, I'm still in disbelief the much vaunted and ballyhooed 'Taylor Bridge'-era lasted one game.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2020
                      • Oklahoma
                      • Send PM

Reminds me the Colts pissed away 33 mil on Rivers and Brissett last year and now we're better going forward. Not nearly as high on Ballard now.
                      Feel Wentz could work out so ok with the trade.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Does this sound familiar to anyone lol?
                        Wilson wonders if the Seahawks see him as a player who has earned greater control over his situation, his future, his legacy.

Pete Carroll has built Hall of Fame credentials on what he sees as simple truths about how the game is best played: Run the ball, avoid turnovers, explode in the passing game. “It is not because we just want to knock our head against a wall,” Carroll once explained. “It is because the game is played well when you don’t give the other team the football. The game is played well when you can convert and make first downs. The game is played well when you can explode on offense.”

Carroll believes that formula in his bones, and over and over again he has won while implementing it. In contrast, Wilson believes that Carroll’s conservative philosophy is limiting his production and, by extension, his ambitions to be one of the game’s all-time greats.

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The problem is Ben is lazy. He’s gotten by in the past with his physical talent but he’s been in decline for a while. While he said he is open to a pay cut, I’ll believe it when I see it. He’s always restructured his contract to help the cap for a particular year but always got his money. This would be his first straight pay cut.

The best solution for the Steelers is ripping the bandage off completely, have a bad year in 2021, and start fresh in 2022. Versus this weird zombie state they’re in where they can make the playoffs but never be good enough to win it all.

Comment

Working...
                          X