• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

ChargerTom banned me so many times I lost count. One time I pointed out to him in a PM that another poster did exactly what he banned me for and ChargerTom had no issue with that poster. He banned me for pointing it out. LOL that guy was the only one that I really detested on that board. I liked most everyone else to a greater or lesser degree.
    I had the impression that Tom was trying to keep a sinking ship afloat. Chargers.com sponsored that fan forum and decided to spend their $ elsewhere.
    Tom was basically keep it family friendly and don't be offensive to he who pays the bills. Whatever. I had some warnings, think I had to take a forced break once.
    A lot of us went to SDC.com from SDUT forums. It was pretty good at SDC when Roo ran it.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
      like54ninjas sorry about your boy Caleb. Would have liked him in the 2nd round though. But he was such a big injury risk.

https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-rook...torn-acl-bills
      Poor kid. Awesome talent. Hopefully he gets past this injury and has a healthy career beginning in 2022.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Poor kid. Awesome talent. Hopefully he gets past this injury and has a healthy career beginning in 2022.
        Hopefully he doesn’t turn into Jason Verrett.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Hopefully he doesn’t turn into Jason Verrett.
          Ravens LT Stanley is gone for the season as well. It will be a different playing field after the bye.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Ravens LT Stanley is gone for the season as well. It will be a different playing field after the bye.
            Ravens didn’t have Stanley all season. Not sure when it will catch up to them but Harbaugh and Lamar are doing their thing.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

like54ninjas sorry about your boy Caleb. Would have liked him in the 2nd round though. But he was such a big injury risk.

https://www.nfl.com/news/titans-rook...torn-acl-bills
              Bummer for Farley but yes he was a bit of a gamble. But wow the Titans got him and Molden. I didnt see it, i turned it off with 8 min to go to do something else. Havent heard about Lewan either.

Good news is Farley cant tear an ACL again lol. Hope he can stay healthy after this and he isnt a Verrett type injured player in his career.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                Even with a sterling draft class it unavoidable to point out faults. I know I went crazy in that 3rd round :whistlin: but can’t wait until next draft.

Run stuffing tackles usually take awhile to develop and adjust to the NFL so wouldn’t mind picking up one of those before the trade deadline :nod:
                Sometimes they do take time. And other than Barmore and Osa, i dont know who else is dong well. Hec i lost track of where alot of these players were drafted. I know Tufele isnt starting, havent heard about Alim McNiell, Milton is getting very minimum playing time behind Fletcher Cox, dont know where Togai, Dixon or Onwuzurike went.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Wow,....lol, I had a handful of warnings but never a time out or banned.
                  ​​​​Banned means you cant ever come back doesn't it?
                  I only went there during draft time. I disliked it there otherwise.
                  I think we were all speaking of being suspended, that would be a better term for it. He would lock you out for 2 weeks, 30 days or 90 days.

So you are right banned is not the technically correct word.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2020
                    • Send PM

Whitney mercilus is available we need more passrushers

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I had the impression that Tom was trying to keep a sinking ship afloat. Chargers.com sponsored that fan forum and decided to spend their $ elsewhere.
                      Tom was basically keep it family friendly and don't be offensive to he who pays the bills. Whatever. I had some warnings, think I had to take a forced break once.
                      A lot of us went to SDC.com from SDUT forums. It was pretty good at SDC when Roo ran it.
                      That was my path. SDUT forums to SDC forums to here. This has been the best forum by far. Good posters, good mods (no heavy hand used inconsistently). People allowed to vent, cheer and every opinion in between. I am very happy that Fleet gives us a solid place to go as Charger fans.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I think we were all speaking of being suspended, that would be a better term for it. He would lock you out for 2 weeks, 30 days or 90 days.

So you are right banned is not the technically correct word.
                        Some of us received the “suspensions” and the “permanently banned” monikers.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'll let you in on a secret - when I ran that forum CT would PM regularly asking to be a mod. I felt he was too immature for that job and declined his help. I think it was McRugby who took over as the head mod after I gave it up and he also avoided making CT a mod. But CT bugged Joel and he finally gave into CT and made him a mod. I soon saw that I was right all along about CT. IMO, he's a decent guy but not right for being a mod.

As far as I can remember, while I was the head mod the only people that ever were permanently banned were trolls from other teams. I used to send people a PM first, then give them a one day suspension then 3 days, and finally a week. Some got pissed and never came back.

I promise you this, being a mod is a thankless job. I enjoyed that forum a lot more after I turned that job over to someone else.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X