• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Stock down

Offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn: Lions coach Dan Campbell handled offensive play-calling duties Sunday for the first time this season. Sure, Lynn still helped coordinate the offense, and Campbell insisted the play calling was a collaborative effort. But OCs who lose their play-calling duties don’t tend to last long in their role, and Lynn’s future is now clearly in doubt.
    After watching that game yesterday - the person who thought Goff should be included in the deal was not smart. Goff just isn't very good. But the play calling was terrible.

As for Lynn - I thought a better job would have been Seattle with a more established head coach. If I had to guess, Anthony Lynn might be a head coach in college next year.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

After watching that game yesterday - the person who thought Goff should be included in the deal was not smart. Goff just isn't very good. But the play calling was terrible.

As for Lynn - I thought a better job would have been Seattle with a more established head coach. If I had to guess, Anthony Lynn might be a head coach in college next year.
      I agree. If college doesn’t work, High School maybe next :tongue: Regarding play calling, Campbell relieved him but had similar result. At least they didn’t lose

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Goff hasnt been good but it was raining in the second half of that game. Their TE Hockenson had zero catches. In the rain he should of had plenty of targets being one of their playmakers but he only had like 3 targets.
        Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-15-2021, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

This young man is the future. I am in awe of his game. Shame.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            Stock down

Offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn: Lions coach Dan Campbell handled offensive play-calling duties Sunday for the first time this season. Sure, Lynn still helped coordinate the offense, and Campbell insisted the play calling was a collaborative effort. But OCs who lose their play-calling duties don’t tend to last long in their role, and Lynn’s future is now clearly in doubt.
            For the life of me, I don't get why the Lions even hired Lynn in the first place...ANYBODY who saw several of his bonehead game management calls last season should have seen he's not OC material, much less HC material...hiring Lynn was like hiring the captain of the Titanic for a new gig...AFTER it hit the iceberg...

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Goff was the Rams’ “must take” in the deal. It was the only way with their Cap hell. They gave the Lions a bust QB but 3 draft picks and the Lions can dump Goff after this season.

As for the contracts, Goff will earn $25,650,000 in 2021, with all but $650,000 fully guaranteed. The Lions are officially on the hook for $33 million in dead cap money for trading Stafford’s contract away, per Over The Cap.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Goff was the Rams’ “must take” in the deal. It was the only way with their Cap hell. They gave the Lions a bust QB but 3 draft picks and the Lions can dump Goff after this season.

As for the contracts, Goff will earn $25,650,000 in 2021, with all but $650,000 fully guaranteed. The Lions are officially on the hook for $33 million in dead cap money for trading Stafford’s contract away, per Over The Cap.
                Basically the Lions bought two first round picks to take Goff - so you are correct there.

I think I would rather have just taken a 2nd though - he is terrible

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Jags just waived TBilly..........

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    Stick to the PS

Bring him back....

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      Although I think he could give Herbert and the offense a boost, I don't expect the Chargers' brass to put in a claim or re-sign him if he clears waivers. Egos are involved.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Although I think he could give Herbert and the offense a boost, I don't expect the Chargers' brass to put in a claim or re-sign him if he clears waivers. Egos are involved.
                        I am not sure that would be an issue. If he wants to get back on an NFL roster - I think ego's could be put aside. And the Chargers should just claim him if they want him. They have the cap space - he is a minimum level player

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If so that is pathetic on our brass' part.If it can help us win ya do it.Who knows tho he may not want to come back lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X