• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...if OBJ thinks he's not getting his minimum # of targets, he pouts and unleashes a tweetstorm...he himself admitted he can be a cancer:

"Yes, I'm a cancer on teams that are okay wit losing"...

PASS
    He’s being used in the wrong capacity. Obviously he should be a GM

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Chargers DID call about Andre Roberts. And signed him. And they did call about Dustin Hopkins. And signed him. It is about need, fit, salary cap and the lockerroom. OBJ's agent reportedly told teams with first chances to claim him on waivers that if they did claim him, he would wreck the team. Is that someone you want?

Ingram is way past his prime. He reminds me of Ronnie Brown who we kept resigning. It just gets depressing after a while.

If we want to lament not signing a head case player, I would pick Leveon Bell who is going to end up being a factor in Baltimore. He would have been a nice complement to Ekeler, has tread left but is a mental wreck.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
        Day One...
        • Mar 2019
        • Brentwood, 94513
        • Send PM

Cancer, most humans pout when things aren’t going right. You can see it in half the so called Charger fans who cry weather we win or lose. But let see how they react when this Diva becomes a Chief.

To me, if you have a strong coach and a team environment that can calm any diva, then talent will fall in line.

Again, we won’t get this player, but to deny the talent is ludicrous. Fun fact, I don’t even like OBJ.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Cam Newton to be signed with a starter's contract by the Panthers.

Comment

• eaterfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

The Panthers do some good things, but man, they really botched their QB situation.

I just didn't understand why they would move any assets for Darnold that could be used to get an actual QB. The window for success in that trade was so small. They basically needed him to perform like a top 8 QB moving forward because he is going to get expensive. And if he did perform like that this year then Brady would have moved on to be a head coach.

Then passing on Jones and Fields to take Horn when the 2022 QB class didn't look good at the time was a mistake. They will have invested so much money and picks in QBs in this 3 year period and really look like they won't come out with much to show.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Keep hearing Ruhle might take the USC job, too

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                Keep hearing Ruhle might take the USC job, too

TG
                Wow - he signed a pretty big contract with the Panthers so that would be interesting

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                  Cancer, most humans pout when things aren’t going right. You can see it in half the so called Charger fans who cry weather we win or lose. But let see how they react when this Diva becomes a Chief.

To me, if you have a strong coach and a team environment that can calm any diva, then talent will fall in line.

Again, we won’t get this player, but to deny the talent is ludicrous. Fun fact, I don’t even like OBJ.
                  My bigger point is OBJ is linked to: Seahawks, Patriots, Rams, Chiefs and Saints - among others

Those teams are always trying to upgrade the roster

I just looked -- the Chargers have as much cap space in 2022, today, as those five teams combined. In fact, they have 6m more today. So cap space is not an issue.

Again, I do not want them to sign OBJ - but hey, if he improves the roster and I think he is better than Guyton, why wouldn't you want to improve your team.

EDIT: OBJ, per Shefter to the Rams

But Kim Jones and Josina say OBJ is down to the Packers or Rams. OBJ is close with Kim Jones so maybe its not done yet
                  Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 11-11-2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My bigger point is OBJ is linked to: Seahawks, Patriots, Rams, Chiefs and Saints - among others

Those teams are always trying to upgrade the roster

I just looked -- the Chargers have as much cap space in 2022, today, as those five teams combined. In fact, they have 6m more today. So cap space is not an issue.

Again, I do not want them to sign OBJ - but hey, if he improves the roster and I think he is better than Guyton, why wouldn't you want to improve your team.

EDIT: OBJ, per Shefter to the Rams

But Kim Jones and Josina say OBJ is down to the Packers or Rams. OBJ is close with Kim Jones so maybe its not done yet
                    Beckham would be the third best WR on this team behind Allen and Williams, that is not what he wants, he would start complaining right away if he wasn't getting enough targets. He's a diva malcontent, why would you bring that into your locker room? No thank you. He's going to be a problem where ever he goes.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                      Superbowl?
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Los Angeles/Chicago
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
                      The Panthers do some good things, but man, they really botched their QB situation.

I just didn't understand why they would move any assets for Darnold that could be used to get an actual QB. The window for success in that trade was so small. They basically needed him to perform like a top 8 QB moving forward because he is going to get expensive. And if he did perform like that this year then Brady would have moved on to be a head coach.

Then passing on Jones and Fields to take Horn when the 2022 QB class didn't look good at the time was a mistake. They will have invested so much money and picks in QBs in this 3 year period and really look like they won't come out with much to show.
                      I think the Panthers are idiots to choose Cam over former N Carolina St QB Rivers but leaving Rivers out of this there is a starting caliber QB on the bench in Philly named ...

Gardner Minshew

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Darnold started out great, then took a dive but he played his last 2 games with that broken shoulder. Cam cant throw and if you have any Panther WRs on your FF team, their stats will suffer now lol.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Darnold started out great, then took a dive but he played his last 2 games with that broken shoulder. Cam cant throw and if you have any Panther WRs on your FF team, their stats will suffer now lol.
                          Darnold was good while he had McCaffrey. When McCaffery went down, Darnold was not very good.

Comment

Working...
                          X