• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Rams got worse at WR unfortunately. Woods was a reliable target who didn’t mind the grunt work of run blocking.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by JAFA View Post
      While I don't agree with anything Gruden said in his emails, and don't feel sorry for him one bit for paying the price for being stupid, it's impossible to believe that his were the only embarrassing and/or inappropriate emails out of the 650k or so that were confiscated. I think he knows he'll never coach another down or announce another game so he's flipping the big middle finger to the NFL with this lawsuit. It's going to be ugly - and that's exactly what he wants. IMO he's not even really after the money (he should have plenty after his settlement with the Raiders) he wants to embarrass the league, expose their hypocrisy, and out the other execs and/or owners who's behavior is on par (or worse) than his.

I'm also pretty sure that he has the behind the scenes support of Mark Davis as well. Davis was none to happy to have the league ram this thing down his throat. They both want their pound of flesh. At this point Gruden is probably pissed off enough to reject ANY settlement offer just so he can drag the league through the mud via discovery and a trial.

We will see - could be plenty interesting. I bet there's quite a few league folks very uncomfortable about this, particularly since they no longer have any leverage on Gruden.
      I’m ready for Snyder and the WFT organization to go down. Got my popcorn ready.
      Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Comment

• JAFA
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

I'm willing to bet this goes far beyond just the WFT . . . .

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Rams got worse at WR unfortunately. Woods was a reliable target who didn’t mind the grunt work of run blocking.
          No doubt the OBJ is not as good as Woods but OBJ is probably better than many other options for the Rams. But you make a good point - will OBJ do some do of that work that Woods did.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

No doubt the OBJ is not as good as Woods but OBJ is probably better than many other options for the Rams. But you make a good point - will OBJ do some do of that work that Woods did.
            Van Jefferson has looked pretty good this season. Will probably get more targets this week than OBJ.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Van Jefferson has looked pretty good this season. Will probably get more targets this week than OBJ.
              good point - I forgot about that guy
              Shawn Jeffersons son - he is a good option for the Rams.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                I’m ready for Snyder and the WFT organization to go down. Got my popcorn ready.
                Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live
                Can they expose Kraft’s email next. I want to know some good massage places

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

test...

I know in England they like to take a drag on a ***. (Cigarette)

I see it got screened, pretty sure that the c-word is also a banned word. Lets not test the limits here.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I wanted him here, but I was wrong. Looks like he’s another old and broke player.

Tennessee Titans wide receiver Julio Jones has been put on injured reserve as he continues to battle a hamstring injury. Jones, who had four receptions for 35 yards in last week's win over the Los Angeles Rams, had missed three games (Weeks 4, 5 and 8) and now must sit out at least three more. He was placed on the injury report after Thursday's practice.

The 32-year-old veteran receiver has 21 catches for 336 yards and no touchdowns in his first season with the Titans. He missed seven games in 2020 in his final season with the Atlanta Falcons. In his place, Tennessee signed receiver Dez Fitzpatrick to the team's active roster. Fitzpatrick is a fourth-round draft pick by the team in the 2021 NFL Draft and has been on the practice squad since the beginning of the season.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      I know in England they like to take a drag on a ***. (Cigarette)

I watch a lot of British crime shows with my mom, and they still use that word. Makes me cringe, but what can you do?

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Julio Jones has been a disappointment for the Titans, the Falcons knew what they were doing. The Falcons get a 2nd next year and a 4th in 2023.

The Titans are in 1st place right now, but they are going to fade without Derrick Henry, and the Jones situation isn't helping. I know they pulled off the impressive win against the Rams, but there have been a number of head-shaking upsets in the NFL this season, so I put limited stock into that Titans victory. After AJ Brown, Tannehill's receiving weapons are unimpressive. They had a good TE in Jonnu Smith, but he's in NE now. Adrian Peterson is not going come close to replacing Henry. So I expect the Titans to fade, although they do have a pretty favorable schedule (they get to play the Texans twice), I don't see them as the No. 1 seed at season's end. Just illustrates how wide open the AFC is. There are 11 teams with a record of 5-4 or better, 10 of them have a legit shot at the No. 1 seed for the playoffs (I didn't count the Broncos in those 10).

Comment

Working...
                          X