• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

7. I think I’ve seen two episodes of “The Man in the Arena,” the ESPN+ 10-part series on Tom Brady’s 10 Super Bowl seasons, and if America wasn’t so Bradied out right now, and so worn out on all things Patriots/Brady, I’d write a lot more about it. Because the two shows I saw (Episode 3 with the win over Philly, Episode 4 with the first loss to the Giants) are really interesting and informative. The three nuggets I found compelling:

• The shows are Brady against a white screen, narrating what each season was like, with a couple of guests expanding on what exactly happened in that season. Series producer Gotham Chopra is a Patriots fan, a Brady fan, and is in business with him. “But as a filmmaker, as a storyteller, I might be more interested in the pursuit of greatness. How did this guy become the best? What were the component parts that pulled that together? That to me is the story that’s bigger than football. You don’t have to be a Patriots fan. You don’t even have to care so much about football to sort of appreciate it.”

• In Ep. 3, the guests are Mike Vrabel and Tedy Bruschi, key players in the Super Bowl win over the Eagles. They explain something I’d never heard about that year—what made it special with the inner competition among the player-leaders who were called the “edgers.” Said series producer Gotham Chopra: “‘Edger’ was just like driving each other to the edge. It was this intense, never-ending internal competition that left the players exhausted at the end of the year.” As Vrabel said, “You could be as ruthless as you wanted to be.” At the end of the season, Brady said, “I was tired. I was tired. Everything comes with a cost.” That cost: a great team went 10-6 and lost to Denver by two touchdowns in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Justin Herbert was Peter King's Offensive Player of the Week. Herbert got one sentence. King still found time to finish an essay on a QB who didn't play yesterday.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      How is Christian Darrisaw rated so highly if he's so, "lazy"?
      even injured through training camp.
      Maybe the evaluations were lazy. I posted a number of links to tapes that showed Darrisaw's obvious talent. Nobody seemed too interested.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Maybe the evaluations were lazy. I posted a number of links to tapes that showed Darrisaw's obvious talent. Nobody seemed too interested.
        Talent wasn't in question for Darrisaw.

Comment

• Xenos
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

I wished they had waited until after we played the Giants lol.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Sorry if this is old news, but A Lynn was relieved of playcalling duties a few weeks back.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              Sorry if this is old news, but A Lynn was relieved of playcalling duties a few weeks back.

TG
              Supposedly personality clashes with Jared Goff as well. Probably not a good time to just let him go now, will be a change after the season for sure.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Supposedly personality clashes with Jared Goff as well. Probably not a good time to just let him go now, will be a change after the season for sure.
                lol Personality clashes? More like Jared would asked Lynn a question and Lynn would respond: 'I don't know'.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Why Detroit Lions OC Anthony Lynn doesn’t consider losing play-calling duties a demotion

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...ng/8667574002/

'Just because I am no longer calling plays, or invited to offensive meetings, and they've moved my desk to the parking lot, and I'm
                  no longer receiving a paycheck from the organization, I still think you guys are reading this situation all wrong, said Lynn.'

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/matt-nagy-will-coach-his-last-bears-game-thanksgiving-source

Matt Nagy to be fired on Monday.

Nagy has already denied this. Let's check back on Monday.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I read that Campbell bit one of Lynn's kneecaps clean off.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                          And the Lions avoided another lost with a tie :lol:

Comment

Working...
                          X