• gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I'd elevate the Browns, Ravens, Titans, Raiders & Broncos to that group,
    and subtract the Steelers.

No way Pittsburgh goes to the Super Bowl with Trubinsky and their Oline......no freaking way.
    Better option than Big Ben at this point in time. Never thought Cinci would be in the superbowl so you never know. It's just that there are so many better teams that they (Steelers) definitely are on the outside looking in. Still a bubble team at maybe 10 best because of their coach.

:coffee:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

How valuable are OTs? Look at what $16.6 million gets you. This is why OTs are premium picks and are worth over drafting even if some of them are busts.

Jacksonville Jaguars use franchise tag on LT Cam Robinson for second straight season

Mar 8, 2022
      Michael DiRoccoESPN Staff Writer

The Jacksonville Jaguars have used the franchise tag on Cam Robinson for the second consecutive year, guaranteeing the left tackle $16.6 million in 2022.

Robinson played the 2021 season under the franchise tag ($13.754 million) for Jacksonville, but the blind-side protector for quarterback Trevor Lawrence ranked 48th among qualifying tackles with an 86.1% pass block win rate, per ESPN Stats & Information research, which is just below average (87.5%). During 2017-21, he ranked 69th in pass block win rate (81.3%) among tackles who played at least 16 games.

With Robinson coming back, the Jaguars could opt to have Walker Little, one of the team's two second-round draft picks in 2021, compete with incumbent starter Jawaan Taylor at right tackle.

Robinson has allowed 29 sacks, per ESPN Stats & Information research. Taylor has allowed 40 in 12 fewer games.

After being selected with the 34th overall pick in 2017, Robinson immediately stepped in as the starter at left tackle and helped the Jaguars lead the NFL in rushing during his rookie season. Jacksonville also allowed only 24 sacks -- tied for third fewest in the league -- that season.
      Robinson, who turned 26 in October, missed 14 games in 2018 after suffering a torn ACL in Week 2. He returned in Week 3 of the 2019 season and didn't miss another game until he was sidelined for the final three games of last season because of COVID-19.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Apparently Popper also thinks it's Feiler to RT
        if so, it's a great, sneaky undertheradar move disguised as sleeping from Telesco.
        2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
          Day One...
          • Mar 2019
          • Brentwood, 94513
          • Send PM

Fieler to RT means they have to redo his contract, because he is making guard money at this point. According to Guilty as Charged guys.

Im down with this, because it’s easier to find a guard than a tackle.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            if so, it's a great, sneaky undertheradar move disguised as sleeping from Telesco.
            Popper thinks it *should* happen, but doesn't necessarily think it *will* happen.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Posted in the AFC West thread: Chiefs sign Valdes-Scantling.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Would not surprise me if Staley values RG over RT: that makes both Norton and Pip swing OTs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  I'm sure everybody in the league knows that Fieler played right tackle for the Steelers. And then saw that he played left guard for us.

Who knows maybe the plan is to move him the right tackle and they're being no mention of it perhaps is one of their cover-ups. I guess anything is possible but I still rather draft the offensive tackle at 17 than a guard.

Not to mention I don't know how scouts feel about it but Zion only measured 6'2.5". Not sure if that is a negative mark or not. I guess if anything, for an offensive tackle it would be for some reason.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

I
                    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'm sure everybody in the league knows that Fieler played right tackle for the Steelers. And then saw that he played left guard for us.

Who knows maybe the plan is to move him the right tackle and they're being no mention of it perhaps is one of their cover-ups. I guess anything is possible but I still rather draft the offensive tackle at 17 than a guard.

Not to mention I don't know how scouts feel about it but Zion only measured 6'2.5". Not sure if that is a negative mark or not. I guess if anything, for an offensive tackle it would be for some reason.
                    I just don't like the value of second tier OTs at 17
                    I know you said you're not a fan of trading up for ikem, but he's perfect to go against a maxx crosby
                    I'm still having nightmares from week 18
                    2024: Far From Over

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

If Feiler moves to RT, we need 2 OGs. Is Jaimes ready to play in 2022? Beats me. I generally don’t like taking OGs in top 17 either. I can’t say Zion is the exception to that - he has a great first step, utilizes leverage well, moves well at the 2nd level, appears ideal for a zone blocking scheme - plus he’s a ready backup OC. But OG that early? Idunno.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                        Fieler to RT means they have to redo his contract, because he is making guard money at this point. According to Guilty as Charged guys.

Im down with this, because it’s easier to find a guard than a tackle.
                        They actually don’t have to redo anything unless Feiler throws a tantrum about it. I doubt the contract said you’re signing on to be a guard only.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          If Feiler moves to RT, we need 2 OGs. Is Jaimes ready to play in 2022? Beats me. I generally don’t like taking OGs in top 17 either. I can’t say Zion is the exception to that - he has a great first step, utilizes leverage well, moves well at the 2nd level, appears ideal for a zone blocking scheme - plus he’s a ready backup OC. But OG that early? Idunno.
                          Guess I don’t really care about how early. If other top talents are gone I’d pick him, easy.

Comment

Working...
                          X