Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Hill is what made that offense special. He was a matchup nightmare who had to be defended close to the line of scrimmage, was a nightmare on jet sweeps, and then was always a threat to take the top off the defense. So everytime he went deep, he demanded double coverage, which in turn gave Kelce lots of room to work. As long as they don’t somehow snag Jameson Williams, their offense just lost the turbocharger that made it go. I think this is a very mediocre return for a stud like Tyreek. The Chiefs fan I know is pissed. And he’s pissed at the return.
    I could see missing Hill...but the return? Thats an insane amount of picks for a WR.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• boldarblood
      Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Chiefs Planet is in full meltdown mode..

Comment

• JOJAX85
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Irmo, SC
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I could see missing Hill...but the return? Thats an insane amount of picks for a WR.
        It is, but chances are they don't find another dude that can take a 3 yard hitch 97 yards to the house. The last couple of drives vs Buffalo they knew it was coming and they couldn't do a damn thing about it. Good riddance. Enjoy the nightlife in South Beach.

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post
          Chiefs Planet is in full meltdown mode..
          How's ol Titty Meat?

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Two fourths and a six are worth very little. Fourth rounds picks and on are lottery tickets. Go look at the history of the draft. You may get a decent starter or depth piece, but not a lot of impact guys being taken in round 4.

They got 29 and 50. Those are the key picks.

Head over to chiefsplanet.com and see what Chiefs fans think. They’re furious. And it’s delightful. But they are pissed at the return.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Doesn't it feel like Hill is shooting himself in the foot? He's leaving a team and a QB who are in position to be SB contenders for quite some time, for a team with a big question mark at QB, a dubiously run franchise whose ownership is under a cloud, and for what, a few extra million? The Chiefs would have rewarded Hill with a fat contract worth enough money for Hill to live lavishly for the rest of his life. But for these guys, pro athletes, so many of them, what they're seeking transcends the actual $$$, it's about the perceived respect they get that comes with an elite contract. The contract the Raiders gave Davante Adams raised the bar for contracts, so that drives Hill and his representation to seek even more, not just for money, but for status. But at what expense? At the end of his career, when Hill has more money than he can spend in a lifetime, what is going to be more important to him - the extra few mil he got by forcing a trade to an inferior team, or the rings he doesn't have but possibly could have gotten by staying with the Chiefs?

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Yeehaw! Hill was a nightmare to cover. This diminishes the Chiefs offense. I don’t care who they replace him with. I’ve been watching football longer than most and they can’t replace this unique generational talent.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Hill is what made that offense special. He was a matchup nightmare who had to be defended close to the line of scrimmage, was a nightmare on jet sweeps, and then was always a threat to take the top off the defense. So everytime he went deep, he demanded double coverage, which in turn gave Kelce lots of room to work. As long as they don’t somehow snag Jameson Williams, their offense just lost the turbocharger that made it go. I think this is a very mediocre return for a stud like Tyreek. The Chiefs fan I know is pissed. And he’s pissed at the return.
                  I totally agree that the Chiefs' offense will take a step backward without Hill. No matter what Andy Reid or the Chiefs organization says, no matter how much of a smiley face they try to put on it. The Chiefs are a weakened team. And who do we have to thank for that? Well, the Raiders. They raised the contract bar so high with what they paid Davante Adams and made Hill unaffordable for the Chiefs. Think about the irony of that. The Raiders weakened the Chiefs, and I think the team that is going to benefit the most is the Chargers.

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Doesn't it feel like Hill is shooting himself in the foot? He's leaving a team and a QB who are in position to be SB contenders for quite some time, for a team with a big question mark at QB, a dubiously run franchise whose ownership is under a cloud, and for what, a few extra million? The Chiefs would have rewarded Hill with a fat contract worth enough money for Hill to live lavishly for the rest of his life. But for these guys, pro athletes, so many of them, what they're seeking transcends the actual $$$, it's about the perceived respect they get that comes with an elite contract. The contract the Raiders gave Davante Adams raised the bar for contracts, so that drives Hill and his representation to seek even more, not just for money, but for status. But at what expense? At the end of his career, when Hill has more money than he can spend in a lifetime, what is going to be more important to him - the extra few mil he got by forcing a trade to an inferior team, or the rings he doesn't have but possibly could have gotten by staying with the Chiefs?
                    One thing Hill and Adams have in common is that they went to states with no income tax. But Hill has a ring. There had to be something else at play here. If it really was all just money, I wonder if Mahomes would have renegotiated to take less to kelp him there. Whatever, who care, so long as he’s gone.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

This will be Andy's excuse for why we sweep KC this year
                      we were going to anyway.
                      Mahomes meltdown is full scale and in motion
                      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Has anybody checked in to see how Brittany and Jackson Mahomes are taking the news?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          Miami has made a lot of moves in free agency but they do still have Tua as their quarterback. And I'm sure Hill doesn't care anyway.
                          He's getting his money and that's all he seemed to care about
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-24-2022, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X