Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And without a threat of the run game, defenses can just tee off and dare the Chargers to beat them
      So we have no run game; and we have no WR that scares the opposing team. What other options, exactly, does an offense have? Throw in the fact that Herbie is obviously affected, in a much bigger way than we're being told, by his injured ribs and we basically have no offense at all.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
        I'd guess it isn't easy to get a WR and have them contribute right away. This offense has a lot of read option routes and the acquired guys aren't familiar with the offense and Herbert hasn't practiced with them to be in sync at all on it with them.
        Doesnt seem too much for other teams to figure out. Stafford was rocking pretty well with OBJ after he was brought in until he got hurt in SB
        I am sure Mahomes and Andy Reid will figure it out too

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

There goes our Super Bowl chances!
          No worries. We have speedy John Hightower on the practice squad

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Doesnt seem too much for other teams to figure out. Stafford was rocking pretty well with OBJ after he was brought in until he got hurt in SB
            Brandin Cooks is a very good WR, a professional. With a week of practice he would be fine.
            And of all the WR choices out there - might be the top option actually. He is just a good solid professional (and I don't see Elijah M from the Jets as an option)

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Brandin Cooks is a very good WR, a professional. With a week of practice he would be fine.
              And of all the WR choices out there - might be the top option actually. He is just a good solid professional (and I don't see Elijah M from the Jets as an option)
              Cooks would be perfect. Experienced guy who has produced everywhere he has been.

I dont think he would be extremely expensive to acquire either.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Well obviously not every team runs the same offense. But that's my guess why they aren't looking outside of our PS. Hightower hasn't seen the field yet.

Might be looking for guys that are familiar in this offense in the past.

But idk, there is a reason why we haven't landed anyone. Hightower is no one imo.

And Cooks would work as he is familiar with Payton's scheme but he would be financially expensive if you look at his contract.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Well obviously not every team runs the same offense. But that's my guess why they aren't looking outside of our PS. Hightower hasn't seen the field yet.

Might be looking for guys that are familiar in this offense in the past.

But idk, there is a reason why we haven't landed anyone. Hightower is no one imo.

And Cooks would work as he is familiar with Payton's scheme but he would be financially expensive if you look at his contract.
                  They have 6 days! Bye week would be the perfect time to intregrate a new player.

As for expensive, what happened to going all in all summer during the rare window while your franchise QB and LT are on rookie deals??

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

They have 6 days! Bye week would be the perfect time to intregrate a new player.

As for expensive, what happened to going all in all summer during the rare window while your franchise QB and LT are on rookie deals??
                    And if it fails it will be going all out next season as we can't afford to keep some guys and Cooks dead cap is big.

Next season is Herberts 4th and the year they talk about an extension or get one done.

Unless. ..and ONLY If Herbert is the ultimate team guy and he is fine waiting till his 5th year to get it done.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Cooks would be perfect. Experienced guy who has produced everywhere he has been.

I dont think he would be extremely expensive to acquire either.
                      good point and good option.... but hes not playing for league minimum.... which is what spanos will be looking for.....

Comment

• Riverwalk
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2021
                        • Send PM

Bill Bellichik’s career record is 74-82 without Tom Brady.

chew on that!

That’s why Sean Payton wants to come to Chargers. He knows his past success was on Brees’s shoulders.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

And if it fails it will be going all out next season as we can't afford to keep some guys and Cooks dead cap is big.

Next season is Herberts 4th and the year they talk about an extension or get one done.

Unless. ..and ONLY If Herbert is the ultimate team guy and he is fine waiting till his 5th year to get it done.
                          Good point, I honestly havent looked at Cook's contract or cap hit next year.

Claypool would be cheap, he is still on rookie deal, but that is why he might be hard to pry out of Pittsburgh.

Comment

Working...
                          X