• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargerBooster
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

This Thursday, I am a (gasp), Detroit Lions fan. Rooting and pulling for them in their opener against the Chiefs. Arrowhead and the Chiefs fans/crowd is by definition an extremely hostile environment. Lions can possibly use all the help they can get. Football breaks would be good.

Note from ChargerBooster: Also a Lions fan week 8 when the Ra****rs play in Detroit.

NOT a fan of theirs week 10, November 12th when they are scheduled to come in and play us (Chargers) in L.A.

Further Note: This posted a little over one day to kickoff Lions vs Chiefs; the start of the 2023 NFL season. Let’s go Chargers !

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Great news, looking forward to that team going into a downward spiral that will start with a loss to the Steelers.
      Better for us if Niners win

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerBooster View Post
        This Thursday, I am a (gasp), Detroit Lions fan. Rooting and pulling for them in their opener against the Chiefs. Arrowhead and the Chiefs fans/crowd is by definition an extremely hostile environment. Lions can possibly use all the help they can get. Football breaks would be good.

Note from ChargerBooster: Also a Lions fan week 8 when the Ra****rs play in Detroit.

NOT a fan of theirs week 10, November 12th when they are scheduled to come in and play us (Chargers) in L.A.

Further Note: This posted a little over 48-hours to kickoff Lions vs Chiefs; the start of the 2023 NFL season. Let’s go Chargers !

Kelce DNP today, questionable for tomorrow. Jones still wants to get paid
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerBooster View Post

Further Note: This posted a little over 48-hours to kickoff Lions vs Chiefs; the start of the 2023 NFL season. Let’s go Chargers !

I have a soft spot for the Lions. Their fans are long-suffering and deserve good things to happen. Plus they won their last championship the year I was born. I am want them to win in the worst way also. I'm ticked off at Jameson Williams for getting himself suspended. Goff really needs him to win this game.

That said, the Lions should have a pretty solid running game and without Chris Jones the Chiefs' defense may be very vulnerable there. David Montgomery is decent, but the Lions used the #12 pick to draft Jahmyr Gibbs, the 5-9 200 lb RB who averaged 6.1 ypc for Alabama last season. He's also a dynamic receiver. He had 1370 yds from scrimmage last year for 'Bama and scored 10 TDs. And he was clocked at 4.36 at the Combine.

But IMO the game-changer tomorrow could be (or not) Aidan Hutchinson, the #2 overall pick in last year's draft who had a beastly rookie season. Nine-1/2 sacks, 3 INTs (from the edge), 9 TFL and 15 QB hits. He was 2nd in DROY voting. The Lions also drafted an edge rusher, Josh Paschal, at #46 overall last year. Their defense started to come on late in the season, which played a big role in their run in the final weeks. Their defense may be a lot better than anyone's expecting this year, and maybe that really catches Reid and the Chiefs' offense off-guard.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Speaking of

Dan Campbell on Lions’ Expectations for Jahmyr Gibbs & Amon-Ra St. Brown | The Rich Eisen Show

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

$34 million sets a new standard for nonQB contracts. Think Nick will buy across from his brother in Ft. Lauderdale?

https://fortlauderdaleillustrated.co...-on-the-bosas/

Fort Lauderdale Illustrated - Bring on the Bosas.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Look at Bosa work that left tackle. 49ers v. Steelers Sunday.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

#NickBosa

I remember how gut-churning it was when Joey & his agent were holding up negotiations. All I know is, you sign Nick Bosa and worry about the rest, later.
                  All those names and not one plays QUARTERBACK.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

This is outstanding, by the time Bill dropped Steve DeOssie's name, I was hooked.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

idunno - Wilson seems like a diva to me and that was a harsh bitch slap heard around the world. or maybe i'm not reading it right . I can't recall a HC so publicly harsh on his starting QB before the first game. i'm sure there is an example in a 100 year NFL history but its not normal. HC's usually state complete confidence in their starter right up to the second they say he's not starting. Even then, they'll say "we just feel at ths time that (QB2here) gives us the best chance to win" or some other pablum.

Either Payton is genius or he's creating a shitstorm in that org. We will see after a few weeks. Given his Hackett fiasco, i'm not betting he's a genius. Wilson doesn't seem like a guy that likes to be told to be like Brees. its interesting, thats for sure.
                      It has shown to not work the way it was either. Personel cubicle, probably slacking on practice or given special treatment, and focusing on his brand.

We wouldn't like it if it were our QB not focusing on football 100%, I can guarantee that. If getting called out is what fixes it, so be it.

Worked for Parcels. He would refer to his rookie WR, Terry Glenn? (think that's his name), by his name in the press. Would refer him as the WR to motivate him. He had perhaps his best season that year.

Parcel didn't mince words.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-06-2023, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

This is outstanding, by the time Bill dropped Steve DeOssie's name, I was hooked.
                        Now that's a breakdown.
                        All you gotta do is ask Bill something of his interest and he is a great press conference guy lol.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

So are we starting the season with the fewest Pro Bowlers on IR, instead of the most as per usual? Refreshing!

Comment

Working...
                          X