• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Yup way too early. It is easy to catch a football when you’re in shorts and there’s no contact. Let’s see how he does when the pads come on and the players are running around close to full speed.
    Tebow is built pretty solid, so I think he can take a few full-speed hits with the pads on...the question is, can he still hold onto the rock after those hits? In his big season with the Donks in 2011, he lost 6 of 13 fumbles, so not so hot...

Link: https://www.nfl.com/players/tim-tebow/stats/career

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Wow that is the definition of selling the farm and then some. Horseface is probably reminiscing the years they had Manning.
      Yep, and Horseface is getting kind of, ahem, "long in the tooth." (sorry, couldn't resist that one). He's probably getting desperate, and desperate GM's (or team presidents) sometimes make desperate moves--high risk, high reward kind of moves...we shall see if Horseface says "yeah" or, ahem, "neeeiiigh" to Rodgers...

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The problem with Tebow is his age and what he does to the locker room. By all accounts he is a great guy who team mates like but they get annoyed and fed up with the amount of press and media coverage he gets for such a below average nfl player.

And him trying TE may have made sense when he was young, but his is in his mid? 30s and is attempting to learn a new position, when he really wasn’t very good at his original position in the first place.

I really do think Meyer likes Tebow the man and there is nothing wrong with that. But him being on the roster is all about PR splash and selling tickets.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

It still pisses me off that Tebow was good enough to beat the Bolts. What a wasted 10 years we’ve had.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

The only team with the most cap room and the best odds to land Julio Jones is LAC.
            Joel Corry
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

But do the LAC really NEED Julio or would those funds be better reserved for future players or just not to max out the cap space?

To me Julio isnt even going to solve our weakest link which was the D performance last year. (Im assuming the OL is now likely resolved). We need a vet stud there. Id rather trade for an impact player on the DL than for another good player in a pretty good WR room . Id love this much more if he was 5 years younger and provided future value. We have brand new coaching this year....i dont see this as the year we go all in for a SB run...we need to see where our weaknesses will be yet to know what we need to plug.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

32 years old with a major hamstring issue last year. Once the hammies start to go at that age they don't normally get healthy and stay healthy. It tends to be a reoccurring issue. IF we can get one or two healthy years from him yes I think it's worth it.... But that is a big IF in my mind.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Memo to the anti Julio crowd.

You want defense ? Ha.
                  Have a look at KC's Oline depth chart.

It will be a shootout...all day...every time.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                    The only team with the most cap room and the best odds to land Julio Jones is LAC.
                    Joel Corry
                    I like Joel Corry - sharp guy;
                    he is a good twitter follow for those that are on Twitter
                    Next 48 hours will be interesting -- see if the Seahawks, Titans or Ravens are one of the teams or a sleeper;

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                      But do the LAC really NEED Julio or would those funds be better reserved for future players or just not to max out the cap space?

To me Julio isnt even going to solve our weakest link which was the D performance last year. (Im assuming the OL is now likely resolved). We need a vet stud there. Id rather trade for an impact player on the DL than for another good player in a pretty good WR room . Id love this much more if he was 5 years younger and provided future value. We have brand new coaching this year....i dont see this as the year we go all in for a SB run...we need to see where our weaknesses will be yet to know what we need to plug.
                      I'd really like the Bolts to somehow sign Julio...BUT...when I think back to our gassed D in the 4th quarter of all those games last year, getting gashed for megayardage and losing...well, it makes me think we could use ONE more solid Edge rusher or DT in the rotation and ONE more solid safety or CB in the rotation, to keep the D more fresh to close these games out...surely, Staley's new scheming will help, but we also need the personnel to run it...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Are the Broncos going to regret passing on Justin Fields? And if so, how soon?

Passing on Fields was a bold move for a team that has made it clear they aren't impressed with Drew Lock.

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
                          Are the Broncos going to regret passing on Justin Fields? And if so, how soon?

Passing on Fields was a bold move for a team that has made it clear they aren't impressed with Drew Lock.
                          They'll regret it when he starts lighting up the league. But then, Elway has never had much luck picking a QB.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X