• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Cannot believe some of this bull from pundits, Nutty.
    Getting too cute trying to find the gem no one else is talking about.
    Some of it is click-bait... some is whispers from insiders during liar's season.
    I start with highlights to recognize potential. Then go to multiple game tapes to look for consistency against various opponents.
    Everybody wins-some, lose-some.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Staley is not a 'real' leader, no amount of experience is going to teach him that plus you can't look at yourself long enough to learn anything when you think everyone else is the problem, Brandon is all about perception and he's good at creating the perception that he knows what he's doing, that's great when it comes to getting a job but we all saw what it turned into once he had to DO the job...he's a mile long and an inch deep, it didn't take long for most of us to realize he had no idea what the fuck he was doing, to rise that quickly up the ranks with very little to show for just reeks of confidence man type skills...I've seen frauds come and go in the NFL my entire life and for some reason Staley's tenure reminded me of Kevin Gilbride although Kevin actually spent a bit more time climbing the ranks once he got into the NFL he shot up the ranks and became a HC with only 5-6 years of NFL experience which was very fast by the standards of that era and was just like Staley in that he benefitted from what others had established in order to get ahead...
      Just a reminder that some HCs are better suited to be coordinators. You mentioned Gilbride but Staley was nowhere near as bad as him. And Gilbride also went on to win two Superbowl rings as an OC.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Sarcasm - I presume? Or just . . . . . . . . . . acceptance?
        Why wouldn’t everyone accept what is now historical fact, is the real question? Its over, its done, its the past. Whats the point, I wonder … hmmm.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He'll be in charge of player bday celebrations
          Ooh, he’s not very good at that

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            Just a reminder that some HCs are better suited to be coordinators. You mentioned Gilbride but Staley was nowhere near as bad as him. And Gilbride also went on to win two Superbowl rings as an OC.
            Staley’s 3-yr average for defense was probably 32nd in the league overall? He might be a good coordinator if he changes what and how he does defense.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
              Moderate Skeptic
              • May 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Why wouldn’t everyone accept what is now historical fact, is the real question? Its over, its done, its the past. Whats the point, I wonder … hmmm.
              Accept - yes . . . . . . . . . . forget - NO, be pleased - NO. 'Those that forget the past . . . . . . . . . .'

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Staley’s 3- average for defense was probably 32nd in the league overall? He might be a good coordinator if he changes what and how he does defense.
                Assistant Head Coach is perfect for Staley. He'll handle all the social coordination so the team can practice their celebrations, Chucky Cheese outings for team building, and serve as the warm and fuzzy buffer between the players and Shanahan. If they put him in charge of writing the press releases it would be double perfect. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Gotta play to your strengths after all . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

What the fuck???????
                  KC won the SB . . . . . . . . . . . didn't you hear?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Accept - yes . . . . . . . . . . forget - NO, be pleased - NO. 'Those that forget the past . . . . . . . . . .'
                    Those that dwell on the past miss the future. Why do you think those that accept the past then forget it? There is no correlation.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Those that dwell on the past miss the future. Why do you think those that accept the past then forget it? There is no correlation.
                      Absolutely is a correlation; No need to dwell, fixate or live in the past, but the past needs to be remembered so we don't find ourselves in a similar situation in the future. Remembering past mistakes is key to enhancing future decisions . . . . . . . . . In other words, as my boss tells me (all the time) - ' Don't make the same mistake twice' . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Absolutely is a correlation; No need to dwell, fixate or live in the past, but the past needs to be remembered so we don't find ourselves in a similar situation in the future. Remembering past mistakes is key to enhancing future decisions . . . . . . . . . In other words, as my boss tells me (all the time) - ' Don't make the same mistake twice' . . . . . . . . . . .
                        No, there is not a correlation between accepting the past and forgetting the past. The two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

This has gotten stale.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He’ll probably help Shanahan with in game management and 4th down aggressiveness.
                          And why not?
                          He has very little experience with effective in game management, which is par for the course with Staley.

Comment

Working...
                          X