• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

He is not tipping his hand at all. If he did say "We are looking at "___________" I would have punched him in the balls.
    I get that....and its smart he is not tipping his hand. But blink one time for "fixing ST" and I would be happy. If they fire Stewart - I will think thats a positive step.

Comment

• SDBORN
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

LOL. The little bitch comment. TT, the GM who is always thinking about the future, but never the now. Perhaps with Rivers gone, he will actually utilize the extra cap in free agency on some real proven assets that aren't over the hill.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

LOL. The little bitch comment. TT, the GM who is always thinking about the future, but never the now. Perhaps with Rivers gone, he will actually utilize the extra cap in free agency on some real proven assets that aren't over the hill.

You summed up TT perfectly, I could not have said it better myself. Its great to be future thinking but have a balance for today. He is way out of balance.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

So, nothing of substance from Telesco. Aside from his unwavering support of a mediocre (at the very best) head coach.

Yep, the suck will continue.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Free agency is tricky. Like I think the Rams signing Weddle and Matthews - a mistake. Just like Telesco bringing back Mebane and Davis - because of age, were mistakes. The Cardinals signed Jordan Hicks -- good player for them. Was he a pro bowler? No. Did he play good football for 16 games and was a key contributor this year and in future years? Yes

That is the kind of free agent to sign. Guy just coming off his FIRST contract - maybe his old team can't afford, maybe not utilized correctly. It takes work by Telesco and working with the coaching staff - but those are the kinds of free agents I want to see signed. Just good solid players - and if they blossom to all pro level - fine.

As for the rest of the presser
            1) sounds like he wants Rivers back
            2) knows the OL stinks and will be a priority
            3) George Stewart is gone if I had to wager money

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Free agency is tricky. Like I think the Rams signing Weddle and Matthews - a mistake. Just like Telesco bringing back Mebane and Davis - because of age, were mistakes. The Cardinals signed Jordan Hicks -- good player for them. Was he a pro bowler? No. Did he play good football for 16 games and was a key contributor this year and in future years? Yes

That is the kind of free agent to sign. Guy just coming off his FIRST contract - maybe his old team can't afford, maybe not utilized correctly. It takes work by Telesco and working with the coaching staff - but those are the kinds of free agents I want to see signed. Just good solid players - and if they blossom to all pro level - fine.

Actually thought the opposite, said going 5-11 and 0-6 in the division he's going to be looking even at the QB position. I think he was just pretending he wants Rivers back that way he doesn't look stupid when he actually gets his replacement.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Actually thought the opposite, said going 5-11 and 0-6 in the division he's going to be looking even at the QB position. I think he was just pretending he wants Rivers back that way he doesn't look stupid when he actually walks.
                That could be true. Rivers also might not be worth it from a cap perspective. To me, Rivers right now is 15-18m QB. I know thats not the going rate but thats where I see him. Either way, Telesco needs to improve the OL, interior DL and Special TEams. No matter the QB. There are 3 highly rated OL in the first round - Alabma, Georgia and Iowa kid. Work with Meyers and Lynn on the best player for the CHARGERS BLOCKING SCHEME and I say, get that guy. Maybe its the Iowa kid - fine. Just pick the right player for the team. Not a mismatch OL - but a solid cohesive group. He said, I think it was Tevi that is tough with Great feet - maybe he should be an OG.

If Lynn and Meyers are so good at the running game -- -time to show it.

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

On the other hand, if TT was really all in on Rivers, he wouldn't have made such boneheaded retention signings + acquisitions this past offseason. None of it made any sense.

My gut feeling is that we roll with Tyrod + draft a QB (possibly in the 2nd), unless Rivers comes back real cheap (which I don't see happening). We shall see.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
                    glutton for punishment
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Lake Arrowhead, CA
                    • Send PM

What a disaster. 0-6 in the division? Yikes. If they don't hit on a franchise QB in the 1st round then this team is in serious trouble. How are they hoping to fill a stadium of that size? Gotta go all in and hope we hit on a stud.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Play tighter Zone !
                      Play man too much Man and running QBs will burn you to the ground.
                      Why? Your DBs have their backs to the LOS.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

I like that Lynn is a leader but he seems to still struggle with Clock and Game Mgmt. Also ST were terrible

I do know this season was more on Telesco though. But I hope Lynn doesn't think bringing back the entire staff will produce better results. He needs a new ST coach.
                        So, aside from Lynn's clock management, special teams, and I'll add, play calling, Lynn is a good coach because he's a good leader. Well, I guess one out of four isn't bad...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Play tighter Zone !
                          Play man too much Man and running QBs will burn you to the ground.
                          Why? Your DBs have their backs to the LOS.
                          Good point, there, Wood. How about we play Adderley at FS (assuming he's healthy) instead of "Mr. Elite"???

Comment

Working...
                          X