• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

he had plaudits for both PR and MG.... top starter in the league/excellent football player.... yaddah, yaddah, yaddah.

he listed turnovers on O & D, deficiency in our red zone O, and problems w/our 3rd down D (does our sub package need a NT ?)

made mention of Okung and Pouncey as Pro Bowlers, and that we were the 7th least sacked Oline, percentage wise, in the league.

touched on that it was a tough biz (GM'n ain't easy), and that MG prolly hurt the team, and.... seems like Telesco and most everyone else in Chargerland is hurtin' atm ?? and as Telesco himself seems to holding on a bit as well, as def got the impression that 'tis a bit of a rodeo (ride) for him atm ??

concurred that Russell and Mike were ?s, and made mention of Scho as an upcoming FA, and that we were close to last in dead money and pretty cush when it came to next season's cap room ??

did he infer that some of the older/leaders kind of players might be making room for some of the up and comers in the clubhouse ?? could Mebane, Davis and maybe a coupla few others be bid adieu ??

get the sense after doing the math and listening to Telesco, that Pip is gonna get the chance to start next season.

really think what we're seeing is Tom Telesco is still growing into the job, he's still excited to actually be the GM of an NFL team, and that him and young Spanos are still going thru growing pains ??

what bothers me is this Mike McCoyish emphasis on hard work, rather than how you go about your work.... do you take the time to define who you are as a franchise, do you perhaps readdress what you look for in players, what the optimum make up of this roster might be rather than what we've got now ??

did like his Peyton Manning analogy, and how when he came into the league, he was part of an org that mustered enough fan support there to surpass or @least rival the Pacers and racers.... similar to how he is tasked now in LA.... he also made reference to "flair" and "exciting," when talking about players and the Colts, and again w/the inference that might be helpful here in LA ?? does that help the chances of (my) Cedarian Lamb and/or D'Andre Swift, or (your) Jalen Hurts, JK Dobbins or Tua Tagavailoa ??

it also did not go without notice that he made reference to big name players (FAs) that are no longer performing....

he also gave props to PFF's raw data.... and used the word "retool" to define his vantage point going into the offseason, and....

still gotta think that PR would like to play in the new stadium.... awful risky for a GM not to resign PR.... does TT have those kind of chops ?? ….does AL ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Yawn, more boring nothing-speak from a GM with only 2 playoff appearances in 7 years, 0 division titles and really no major accomplishments to speak of.

So remind me why he's still the GM?

Expect another ultra conservative offseason, Thomas Davis-type of signing or two and flounder to another 4-5 win season. And that's with or without Rivers, who at 39 years old next year is not going to deliver a championship. Sorry, just accept that fact and move on.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DallasEire View Post

This gem was originally stated the week of the NE regular season game in Tony Lynn Season One. With his own QB being first ballot hall of Famer and not so mobile Phillip Rivers and NE having the other olympic sprinter and six-time superbowl champion in Tom Brady....

Lynn is a jackass. He is the same genius that after flying the team around the globe in celebration of a wild card win, took his team into New England on a game plan from the year before because the game was a close loss. This quote only further exemplifies him to be a certifiable ass.
        Tony wants to run the wishbone or Wildcat with Tyrod Taylor go get a job at a service academy. Is Navy hiring?

BTW, regarding the days where the pocket passer are over - Drew Brees and Tom Brady say hello
        i dunno man these two look a lot more mobile.

Drew Brees - 23 rushing TDs in 19 years
        Tom Brady - 22 rushing TDs in 20 years - 3 this year in his 20th season

Rivers - 3 rushing TDs in 16 seasons. - last time he scored a rushing td was in 2011
        Last edited by MagicMamba88; 01-03-2020, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Last time Brees was a pocket passer, he was wearing bolts.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

This was a debriefing and a decompressing, not a SOTC speech.

TT joked that it is Josh's fault that we do these darn things less than a week after the season ends.

TT pointed to the success of 2018 as reason enough to continue with AL + PR.

It is time for me to stare at our depth chart and contracts again...for hours.

Small school gems...Senior Bowl Week...obscure college all-star bowl games.

Our cap health is fine, says TT...best dead money situation since he's been here.

If other teams offer exorbitant dollar amounts to our FA's (see Tyrell/HH), we will not match.

I still see a right side Olineman coming to town.

Turnover ratio, for and against, derailed our '19 season...keep your Eye on Okudah @ 6...and don't forget to look in the nooks and crannies...let all the others say "fix the Oline" and "it's the trenches stupid"...and call that an advanced football take.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• DallasEire
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              Last time Brees was a pocket passer, he was wearing bolts.
              I hadn't noticed brees setting records with his legs. Didn't know Saints moved to Wishbone offensive sets. Thought I saw Michael Thomas with over 140 catches....

Brees and Brady
              Manning and Roethlisberger
              Or, really any Superbowl QB are pocket passers

The true RPO guys have only moments. Give me Rivers with a real OL and one QR that can create separation and you can have a roster of Tyrod Taylors or Lam Lam Jacksons for that matter

Comment

• DallasEire
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                he had plaudits for both PR and MG.... top starter in the league/excellent football player.... yaddah, yaddah, yaddah.

he listed turnovers on O & D, deficiency in our red zone O, and problems w/our 3rd down D (does our sub package need a NT ?)

made mention of Okung and Pouncey as Pro Bowlers, and that we were the 7th least sacked Oline, percentage wise, in the league.

touched on that it was a tough biz (GM'n ain't easy), and that MG prolly hurt the team, and.... seems like Telesco and most everyone else in Chargerland is hurtin' atm ?? and as Telesco himself seems to holding on a bit as well, as def got the impression that 'tis a bit of a rodeo (ride) for him atm ??

concurred that Russell and Mike were ?s, and made mention of Scho as an upcoming FA, and that we were close to last in dead money and pretty cush when it came to next season's cap room ??

did he infer that some of the older/leaders kind of players might be making room for some of the up and comers in the clubhouse ?? could Mebane, Davis and maybe a coupla few others be bid adieu ??

get the sense after doing the math and listening to Telesco, that Pip is gonna get the chance to start next season.

really think what we're seeing is Tom Telesco is still growing into the job, he's still excited to actually be the GM of an NFL team, and that him and young Spanos are still going thru growing pains ??

what bothers me is this Mike McCoyish emphasis on hard work, rather than how you go about your work.... do you take the time to define who you are as a franchise, do you perhaps readdress what you look for in players, what the optimum make up of this roster might be rather than what we've got now ??

did like his Peyton Manning analogy, and how when he came into the league, he was part of an org that mustered enough fan support there to surpass or @least rival the Pacers and racers.... similar to how he is tasked now in LA.... he also made reference to "flair" and "exciting," when talking about players and the Colts, and again w/the inference that might be helpful here in LA ?? does that help the chances of (my) Cedarian Lamb and/or D'Andre Swift, or (your) Jalen Hurts, JK Dobbins or Tua Tagavailoa ??

it also did not go without notice that he made reference to big name players (FAs) that are no longer performing....

he also gave props to PFF's raw data.... and used the word "retool" to define his vantage point going into the offseason, and....

still gotta think that PR would like to play in the new stadium.... awful risky for a GM not to resign PR.... does TT have those kind of chops ?? ….does AL ??

This number is useless by TT.

The # of sacks is still a function of Rivers getting ball out - sometimes recklessly or ineffectively but certainly not a reliable metric on how good the OL unit is

Comment

• El_Tee
                  I’m No Noob
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Disney World, FL
                  • Send PM

Serious question- why hasn’t Rivers taken sprint lessons/training in the offseason?

Couldn’t he work with a track coach and train for sprints?

Why is his “lack of” a thing year after year? He runs like a gazelle. With a broken leg.

Please let me know.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
                    Serious question- why hasn’t Rivers taken sprint lessons/training in the offseason?

Couldn’t he work with a track coach and train for sprints?

Why is his “lack of” a thing year after year? He runs like a gazelle. With a broken leg.

Please let me know.
                    I have wondered the same thing but i think if you are slow, you are slow. Kurt Warner had the same mobility issues.

He’s probably still faster than you and I ... the rest of the players on the field are just way faster. It’s all relative.

Comment

• PMR9FAN
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

If TT was smart he'd put the match offer Tag on Rivers that way if a team (like I've heard Indy) would be interested and throws a ridiculous amount of $$$$$$$ at Rivers like $40M he could say he would of loved to match at $30M but couldn't afford it and just not match it saving face with the fans.
                      Indy would be a great fit but where did you hear they were interested?

Comment

• pacstud
                        Black Belt Poster
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Very good to see that the ownership/FO isn't as reactionary as the fan base.

Continue to add/re-sign talent with a coherent plan for the QB position.

Bring in an OC that matches the personnel.

Get healthy.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Eric Ciano, Bills Strength and Conditioning Coach, has them exceedingly healthy, all the time.

Clearly we need CoachMePlus...

:coffee:
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X