Who Will Be The Offensive Coordinator For The ‘20/21 season?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

You fire Whiz and then bring up the most likely short term successor choice , the Stiechen and Lynn show. There was no time to go on a talent hunt in the middle of the season. How does that translate into being fine with Whiz's temp replacement? Is the guy an offensive diamond coordinator in the rough or something? He was a freaking replacement! Hell, it coulda been ANY assistant coach! "Who will be the next Chargers OC?" Some of you already have a temp replacement OC set in stone. If so...wow. I guess the hunt for a new OC is off now? Let the new replacement for Whiz guy have a chance? Huh?
    Last edited by Caslon; 01-10-2020, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You should submit your resume.
      Touche

I know my post was probably too hasty - there is plenty of offseason. But the ST were ranked 32nd. They have really never been good under Stewart. I don't get the rationale for keeping him. IF they in fact keep him.

As for the QB coach - probably should give them a chance to see who is added to the staff.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

What about it? Sure. Doesn't change the fact that if the O-line screws up the play won't work.

We also saw THE EXACT PLAY WE'RE DISCUSSING work TWICE before, and the one 22 play FAIL... so...
        Okay, so the lesson here is...get better blocking personnel AND execute better...though I think if you keep going to the same basic play repeatedly, sooner of later the defense will wise up and adapt...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
          You fire Whiz and then bring up the most likely short term successor choice , the Stiechen and Lynn show. There was no time to go on a talent hunt in the middle of the season. How does that translate into being fine with Whiz's temp replacement? Is the guy an offensive diamond coordinator in the rough or something? He was a freaking replacement! Hell, it coulda been ANY assistant coach! "Who will be the next Chargers OC?" Some of you already have a temp replacement OC set in stone. If so...wow. I guess the hunt for a new OC is off now? Let the new replacement for Whiz guy have a chance? Huh?
          Agree, Cas...I thought Stitch's resume looks kind of thin to be promoted like this...I would have preferred the Bolts at least fly the position, and give Stitch an opportunity to interview along with other candidates who apply...this is how a normal business is run, right? But then, there are a LOT of things the Bolt Brass does that isn't exactly normal...

Comment

• Midwestbolt
            • Feb 2019
            • Midwest
            • Local 150 operating engineer.
            • Send PM

Thank you for taking the time to do this.
            Last edited by Midwestbolt; 01-10-2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Caslon
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Send PM

I like video breakdowns a lot, it takes effort to post them. Someone's earlier compilation of Rivers throwing INT's was unfair maybe. The average viewer might think all those INT's were from last year alone. They weren't, were they? Seemed like it, heh. Anyways...I appreciate posters going to the trouble to post vids. Video breakdowns don't lie. They're forensic proof.
              Last edited by Caslon; 01-10-2020, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                • Feb 2019
                • Midwest
                • Local 150 operating engineer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, so the lesson here is...get better blocking personnel AND execute better...though I think if you keep going to the same basic play repeatedly, sooner of later the defense will wise up and adapt...
                If I may chime in, I think that's exactly what happens, but by design? What I've been told directly from coaches (high school level - obviously much different than the pros, but I think relevant here?) is you run a play till they stop it. If they don't stop it., great. Once they start to adjust, you take advantage of them playing to that call.

Maybe it's not that simple, but maybe it kinda is?

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post

If I may chime in, I think that's exactly what happens, but by design? What I've been told directly from coaches (high school level - obviously much different than the pros, but I think relevant here?) is you run a play till they stop it. If they don't stop it., great. Once they start to adjust, you take advantage of them playing to that call.

that's true...if the cant stop it....keep doing it..... but Chargers past several years have the opposite approach, if it doesn't work, keep doing it until some day we get it right????!!!........while losses pile up.....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

that's true...if the cant stop it....keep doing it..... but Chargers past several years have the opposite approach, if it doesn't work, keep doing it until some day we get it right????!!!........while losses pile up.....
                    Watch the Patriots - Hoodie will run it, run it run it. Or pass it pass it pass. He doesn't get cute. If its working, he keeps doing it. Always drives me nuts when a team has run like 6 plays , say all on the ground, and after the 6th play its 2nd 3 - and they pass. Than pass again on 3rd down and have to punt or kick a FG of whatever. Coaches man... not sure if they work too much, think too much.

Comment

• pacstud
                      Black Belt Poster
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No argument there. In fact, if you're going to critique the O staff on that one play it would be that they went to the well once too often. But that's football. If a drag route is working you run it until...

Comment

• pacstud
                        Black Belt Poster
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Midwestbolt View Post

It's that simple (the concept). It just sucks when they actually stop it. Looks like we tried to disguise the formation with a late shift to the bunch trips and KC had a basic pinch call on.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

It's that simple (the concept). It just sucks when they actually stop it. Looks like we tried to disguise the formation with a late shift to the bunch trips and KC had a basic pinch call on.
                          If the Chefs had a pinch call on, it makes u wonder if they picked up on a tell that the Bolts were going to run Gordon up the...er, up the middle...

Comment

Working...
                          X