Who Will Be The Offensive Coordinator For The ‘20/21 season?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    I don't think the season would have ended any different with the most exciting or innovative coach calling plays.

Ask yourself what play calls offset a horrible OL, remembering 90% of the assignments in an offensive playbook are blocks.
    No Okung.
    No Pouncey.
    It falls apart like a house of cards.
    I do not need PFF to tell me that an Oline with the "leadership" of Qberry, bookends of raw rookie Pipkens
    and Trent fricken Scott,
    is doomed to failure.

I presume Steichen will bring some dynamic, balanced playcalling,
    and I believe TT when he says he will "retool," not "revamp" up front,
    and "fix some things."
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
      Had to do it in two parts. Gonna go ref basketball. talk later

Thanks pac !!!!!

And remember the basketball ref's mantra...the basket counts, AND it's a charging foul.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• pacstud
        Black Belt Poster
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

, maybe the Bolts either think twice about sending Gordon to Jones's spot, or double team Jones, who is quite a load to account for...
        Well pre-snap he's a 4i so you'd like to think a G can handle that. The T could have chipped him but he needed to get to the DE. True doubles are pretty rare, you still have to block everyone so even a double is temporary. The backside pinch hurt every bit as much, and sometimes you just tip your hat to the DC and/or the defenders. They made a play.

Pac, you also mentioned that Gordon had committed to that A-gap hole (red arrow below)...looks like there was a better hole in the B gap (yellow arrow below)... could this be another case of Gordon's faulty vision? Not seeing the bigger hole and hitting it?
        No. To bounce it around the G there on 4th and 1 would be bad imo. Shortest distance and all that.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Well pre-snap he's a 4i so you'd like to think a G can handle that. The T could have chipped him but he needed to get to the DE. True doubles are pretty rare, you still have to block everyone so even a double is temporary. The backside pinch hurt every bit as much, and sometimes you just tip your hat to the DC and/or the defenders. They made a play.

No. To bounce it around the G there on 4th and 1 would be bad imo. Shortest distance and all that.
          Okay. I guess my only other question is, what would you have run on 4th and short? The same exact play, or some variation of it?

Comment

• pacstud
            Black Belt Poster
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Okay. I guess my only other question is, what would you have run on 4th and short? The same exact play, or some variation of it?
            Lol, you think I’m being a smart ass but I’m not... I’d call a play that gets 2 yards.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Lol, you think I’m being a smart ass but I’m not... I’d call a play that gets 2 yards.
              LOL...okay...that's a PAC CLASSIC...

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

So how do you propose we win that down or get those yards?

Comment

• pacstud
                  Black Belt Poster
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

So how do you propose we win that down or get those yards?
                  Improve execution. Doesn't take a BWC member to see our O line wasn't very good.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Improve execution. Doesn't take a BWC member to see our O line wasn't very good.
                    Pac, how about the good old I, with a quick count and handoff to Watt, but to A gap AWAY from Jones? We've seen that one work before...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Still nothing with George Stewart - he must have pictures of Lynn or Telesco

zero reason the 32nd ranked special teams coach - and its not like they were ever good - has a job

I see the Eagles are talking to Caldwell about the OC. Chargers will sign the QB coach from SWBFE Tech - 28 year old happy to be making 50k to the new QB coach job.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                        Still nothing with George Stewart - he must have pictures of Lynn or Telesco

zero reason the 32nd ranked special teams coach - and its not like they were ever good - has a job

I see the Eagles are talking to Caldwell about the OC. Chargers will sign the QB coach from SWBFE Tech - 28 year old happy to be making 50k to the new QB coach job.
                        You should submit your resume.
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• pacstud
                          Black Belt Poster
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Pac, how about the good old I, with a quick count and handoff to Watt, but to A gap AWAY from Jones? We've seen that one work before...
                          What about it? Sure. Doesn't change the fact that if the O-line screws up the play won't work.

We also saw THE EXACT PLAY WE'RE DISCUSSING work TWICE before, and the one 22 play FAIL... so...

Comment

Working...
                          X