• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Colts. They have Reich, they have Sirianni. They have a great OL. They have the money. They need a 2 year QB. Rivers will go there and play well. Good for Phil

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Uh, how does he stay with a team that doesn’t want him?
      That's a pretty broad statement. They might not want him at $25-30 Million per year. Maybe at a discount at $15-18 million. If they just didn't want him back at any price then you would be right.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        I wonder how many current Charger fans would be rooting for the Raiders is Rivers went to Vegas.
        Me. I don't hate the Raiders or Chiefs or Broncos nearly as much as I hate the Patriots and Brady.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
          Superbowl?
          • Sep 2018
          • Los Angeles/Chicago
          • Send PM

Uh, how does he stay with a team that doesn’t want him?
          Curious if the truth ever comes out. The Chargers may have called his agent and said we're thinking of Tagging your client and agent said please don't he's done with 16 road games and that OL, he'll retire before coming back, let him go.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Curious if the truth ever comes out. The Chargers may have called his agent and said we're thinking of Tagging your client and agent said please don't he's done with 16 road games and that OL, he'll retire before coming back, let him go.
            Doubt if it will...... the decision was made before the start of the season when they stopped negotiating.......no matter what TT was ordered to tell us.......

All during this past season, Rivers has had post game press conferences that felt like he was saying goodbye...... like this year was his last hooray at east in a chargers uniform......

his last conference was definitely a good bye speech.....

When that NFL insider accidentally released the comment that the Chargers were officially moving on from Rivers, there was ZERO denial from Chargers brass..... if it were not true, they would have come out and denied it...... the insider never denied saying Chargers were done with Rivers, he just denied that it was official..... (cant really be official until Spanos/TT officially announce it). Spanos as usual was late to announce something that had already been determined........

From being a chargers fan my entire life, by guess is that Spanos decided before the season that there was no way they were going to pass Rivers or anyone the current market rate for great QB's.....35+ million per year..... they probably low balled Rivers before the season in a range less than the franchise tag...... that would clearly justify Rivers and his agent telling the Chargers to go fly a kite......

but we will never really know the truth.....

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

That's a pretty broad statement. They might not want him at $25-30 Million per year. Maybe at a discount at $15-18 million. If they just didn't want him back at any price then you would be right.
              I mean I want a Ferrari at Kia prices but thats unrealistic. Sure they want him at less than market value, but thats also like saying they want every player at whatever price they feel like.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Seems odd considering hes recently said he wants to play in the new stadium this year. Its a lot more likely that the team decided to move on, sure I dont know for sure and will admit its possible im wrong but its highly unlikely.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Me. I don't hate the Raiders or Chiefs or Broncos nearly as much as I hate the Patriots and Brady.
                  Is it wrong that I hope rivers goes to NE because hes most likely to win a ring with Belicheat? I mean if you cant beat'em join em.

Comment

• SDBORN
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Is it wrong that I hope rivers goes to NE because hes most likely to win a ring with Belicheat? I mean if you cant beat'em join em.
                    Which makes the idea of Brady coming to the Chargers even more ridiculous. He would be joining a team his has owned entirely throughout the last 16 seasons.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Interesting.
                      So hypothetical...
                      week 17
                      Tyrod led Charger @ Rivers led Raiders
                      winner goes to playoffs
                      who would you root for
                      honestly
                      P1. Block Destruction
                      P2. Shocking Effort
                      P3. Ball Disruption
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

Seems odd considering hes recently said he wants to play in the new stadium this year. Its a lot more likely that the team decided to move on, sure I dont know for sure and will admit its possible im wrong but its highly unlikely.
                        "Recently" was like 2 or 3 years ago. Rivers moved on his own accord, this may have been mutual or one-sided, but I think Rivers wanted out.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                          Superbowl?
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Los Angeles/Chicago
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Interesting.
                          So hypothetical...
                          week 17
                          Tyrod led Charger @ Rivers led Raiders
                          winner goes to playoffs
                          who would you root for
                          honestly
                          That is a horrible scenario, it's like saying Rivers and the Patriots are playing the AFCCG vs. Brady and the Chargers.

I'm still in stage one of the grieving process so I don't know if I'll be in the acceptance stage by week 17, many things can change, Schefter could have all the dirt between Rivers and Chargers brass by then, for now I still love Rivers > Chargers.

If the Chargers were a good organization with good owners and a great G.M., great coach, stayed in S.D. not the laughing stock of the league, Rivers turned into a jerk like Weddle and left, easy no brainer decision, Chargers all day, it's just like being cheated on for 40 years from an abusive spouse, it's hard to stay loyal if they aren't loyal in return, they have this grandiose idea of Lynn and a mobile QB that may or may NOT work, we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                          X