POLL: Should The Bolts Trade Down From #6?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerBuckeye View Post
    Only if we get a 2021 1st rd pick. So a team like Miami perhaps may love a prospect enough to jump from 18 to 6, I'd take pick 18 and a 2021 1st if it means next year, we have a shot at Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields
    Looking at the Value Chart, Miami's #18 this year is worth 900 points. To jump all the way up to our #6, worth 1600 points, they would need to cough up 700 points. The Fins' next year pick would be currently valued at half of that 900, at 450 points. Add that to #18's 900 and u get 1350. They would also have to give us their 2nd rounder, slightly overpaying at 340 points, or maybe their high 3rd rounder at 240 points. That would get it done.

I would still prefer not trading down so far. If we were to trade down from #6 (1600 pts) to #10 (1300) or so, we could pick up a late 2nd rounder with that 300 points and STILL get a quality top-10 player. If the big 3 QB's go top 9, that pushes the clusta of blue chippers right to us at #10...

image.png
    Attached Files

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Only if we get a 2021 1st rd pick. So a team like Miami perhaps may love a prospect enough to jump from 18 to 6, I'd take pick 18 and a 2021 1st if it means next year, we have a shot at Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields
      Miami also has pick #5
      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Miami also has pick #5
        Good point, Jolt...so maybe the Fins wouldn't be so motivated to move up from their other pick at #18...I was responding to Buck's idea...

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Look at all the picks the Donks have, especially in the mid to late rounds:

image.png
          Three of those are projected comp picks:

image.png

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Simmons is there at #6, I pick him. The others, if the Bolts have all those guys in their clusta, maybe I only trade down to #10 or so max to be sure I still snag one of them.
            That's getting greedy. It could back fire and doubtt Telesco takes that chance.
            It depends on who they Target as well but think id stick to getting one of the top guys at 6 that could be there with the QBs all going early.

My bet is he either trades up or stays put.
            11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
            35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
            37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
            66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
            69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
            100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
            110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
            140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
            181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
            225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Projected comp picks are in, and doesn't look too good for the Bolts. If we wouldn't have signed Old Man Davis, we might have gotten a 4th round comp for Twill. So, for now, looks like Davis and T-Mobile cancel out Verrett and Twill:

image.png
              https://overthecap.com/compensatory-...llation-chart/

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Should the Bolts trade down from #6 for an additional pick or picks? Pretty interesting story in BFTB on TT and trades/trade downs. He's only traded or traded down SIX times since he's been with the Chargers. Meanwhile, look what other teams have done:

Several good reasons why the Chargers should trade down

"Let’s get this out of the way right now: If the Los Angeles Chargers are going to trade down in the 2020 NFL Draft, general manager Tom Telesco will need to become a different person. I don’t know if that involves self-help books, daily meditation, deep introspection, or psychedelic drugs (whoops, I’m just referencing my own life at this point) but the Tom Telesco you know is not a general manager who makes trades.

You don’t have to be from San Diego to know that, you just need a computer device, the internet, and Pro-Football-Reference.com.

Since 2013, the Chargers have made six trades. Six. It’s an average of one per year, but Telesco made two in 2015 and two in 2017. In that same time span, the Seattle Seahawks have made ... 46 trades. FORTY. SIX. Argue all you want with how successful those trades have been for Seattle, the New England Patriots themselves made 17 trades ...

Last year.

They’ve made 60 deals since 2013. Do we simply want to believe that 100% of New England’s success comes from playing in the AFC East, or can some of it be attributed to organizational philosophies that led Belichick to make 10 times the number of trades as Telesco?

Telesco hasn’t made a trade since moving Dontrelle Inman to the Chicago Bears for a 2018 conditional draft pick that didn’t even convey."

MORE: https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...ks-rumors-mock
                If we keep trading down, eventually we can obtain all the picks in the 7th round. We can then draft 32 players and have the 7th round all to ourselves. It would be epic.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

If we keep trading down, eventually we can obtain all the picks in the 7th round. We can then draft 32 players and have the 7th round all to ourselves. It would be epic.
                  That's kind of like what Bobby Beathard used to do...

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
                    San Diego Native
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Farmington, NM
                    • Send PM

If Burrows, Okudah, and Simmons are off the board at #6 AND Herbert is still on the board, I say trade down with the Jags at #9, the Colts at #13, or the Bucs at #14 so they can leapfrog the Panthers for Herbert. Get a 2021 1st rounder in return to better position us for... whatever we need/want in next year's draft.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

If Burrows, Okudah, and Simmons are off the board at #6 AND Herbert is still on the board, I say trade down with the Jags at #9, the Colts at #13, or the Bucs at #14 so they can leapfrog the Panthers for Herbert. Get a 2021 1st rounder in return to better position us for... whatever we need/want in next year's draft.
                      Yes, you would need to have a desirable qb still on the board at #6. Why? Because somebody has to also have the desire to trade up and it's usually a QB on the board. If not then some smuck GM will try to move up 3 spots with a measly third rounder or such. Better to just draft at #6 then move down if we're not getting something really useful in return.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

we need a LT pretty bad.... Andrew Thomas would be pretty darn good, and.... doubtful he'd still be on board come 18/26.... or even 12 for that matter.
                        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

That's kind of like what Bobby Beathard used to do...
                          BB used to trade away our first round picks on orders from Spanos who did not want to play any first round picks........after the Leaf debacle, Spanos no longer wanted to pay for any spoiled first rounders.....

Comment

Working...
                          X