• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Ray Rice is starting to slow down, and is not necessarily the best zone RB. Given the extra baggage, there is no way I would sign him.

Right now, given his legal problems, I am not sure I would sign AP, and I don't think he will be available anyway.

I don't think that either one is exactly what the Chargers are looking for. I think with the new culture, and the steady movement to a youth movement, I don't see us going with older RB unless it is a short term deal. I don't think AP could be had for a short term gig.

The real issue with our running game is not the RB anyway. The run blocking is horrible, with the RB constantly being hit in the backfield. No RB would be doing well right now. We just need to get the RB a crease and get them there without too much contact so they can make their cut.

But the issue is do we go with Grice and Oliver, who had good preseasons, but are still rookies (and live with all the risks playing rookies comes with), or do we sign a vet to go with Oliver and get better short term rewards (especially in pass protection), but maybe not the long term development.

Comment

• shogun
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Definitely short term. I'd like to see AP grind out some yards in our offense. He's not the same AP that broke the record on us, but I think he'd contribute to our depleted RB squad. Given his current situattion, I think it'd be a great escape outlet for him just to play the game, especially with a contender like us. But if TT and MM think he'd ruin our teams mojo right now, I'd say pass as well. I'm not even sure he's available at this point, but the mind wanders
      Last edited by shogun; 09-21-2014, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by shogun View Post
        Definitely short term. I'd like to see AP grind out some yards in our offense. He's not the same AP that broke the record on us, but I think he'd contribute to our depleted RB squad. Given his current situattion, I think it'd be a great escape outlet for him just to play the game, especially with a contender like us. But if TT and MM think he'd ruin our teams mojo right now, I'd say pass as well. I'm not even sure he's available at this point, but the mind wanders
        No, thanks. Don't want to go anywhere near such a toxic situation.

"Just win, baby," is not the Chargers way. I want to win, but I want to do it the right way, with the right people.
        Adipose

Comment

Working...
        X