• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    The defense came through against both Seattle and Buffalo so I'm sure they are feeling like they can stop people in crunch time. As boring as the end of that game was, the only way they were going to lose was on a turnover so I'm not surprised how it played out.
    I don't know how people are bored during victories.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
      TOP is not gained with 3/outs. TOP is gained with the chains moving and sustained driver. In order to move the chains, it was obvious to most that we needed to throw the ball more in the 4th quarter (nothing risky, but a 3-4 yarder to a TE/RB here/there, early in the drive to create better down/distance scenarios).... They're D kept forcing 3/outs as we changed nothing up in our offensive approach. 3/outs don't chew up much clock at all...

Here are our 4th quarter drives...
      • 12:26 - 10:53 (1:33 TOP)
      • 8:23 -6:44 (1:39 TOP)
      • 5:06 - 3:28 (1:38 TOP)
      • 3:23 - 2:20 (1:03 TOP)

Roughly 5:33 total TOP in the 4th quarter. My math might be off by a second or two.

We were credited with one extra down in the entire 4th quarter, which was in our last drive, happened on a first down, due to penalty. We gained a total of 19 yards in the 4th quarter. THIS is what has the fans up in arms.
      Its like they flipped a switch or down shifted and the players knew it. They likewise down shifted. It happens in AZ and cost us. We let AZ back in the game. In Buffalo our defence won the forth quarter and saved the game.

When play calling gets conservative it negatively effect the execution for this of fence. Its like making a race hoarse pull Mr Horses cart...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
        I don't know how people are bored during victories.
        Yeah, nothing is boring about winning. I can't imagine a fan saying the Superbowl is boing when his team is in it...
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          Its like they flipped a switch or down shifted and the players knew it. They likewise down shifted. It happens in AZ and cost us. We let AZ back in the game. In Buffalo our defence won the forth quarter and saved the game.

When play calling gets conservative it negatively effect the execution for this of fence. Its like making a race hoarse pull Mr Horses cart...
          Or thez coaches thought they only way they'd lose the game to the Bills was if they self destructed with a turnover, so they went ultra conservative on the play calling (which is what Ghelkin actually reported). It worked.

Comment

Speaking of Bolting up, did you guys see them read my tweet today on Behind the Bolt? Sweet.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

No, do share!
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Or thez coaches thought they only way they'd lose the game to the Bills was if they self destructed with a turnover, so they went ultra conservative on the play calling (which is what Ghelkin actually reported). It worked.
                Not in Arizona...
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Savage Lizard
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Big Bear
                  • Self-employed property manager.
                  • Send PM

Yeah, seemed kind of Norvy. During Norv's tenure you could sense that point in most games where he decided we had enough points and went into the run and punt offense. I love a win as much as anyone, boring or exciting. But I never have liked the "we have enough, shut it down" approach.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
                    Yeah, seemed kind of Norvy. During Norv's tenure you could sense that point in most games where he decided we had enough points and went into the run and punt offense. I love a win as much as anyone, boring or exciting. But I never have liked the "we have enough, shut it down" approach.
                    Put them away and step on their throats

Or

Play the percentages and hope this isn't one of those occasions that the analytics backfire. Which has happened far too often over the years for this team.
                    Last edited by oneinchpunch; 09-24-2014, 07:06 PM.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

No, do share!
                      At around the 9:00 mark.

Comment

Working...
                      X