• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blahblahblah
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
    For someone who says they don't follow Jenkins career you sure do bring him up a lot.
    Yuba disagrees

Comment

• chris9341
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
      Yuba disagrees
      Yes I know and he'll probably want me to show him just how many times he's referenced Jenkins and Saints fans. Personally myself I read like the first paragraph from YubaKing and stop reading after that just because I get a headache everytime I see one of his posts.

Comment

• Sec-E4
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2014
        • Arizona
        • Send PM

All this over a player who isn't going to play soon....How about we argue which replacement is going to play the best

You guys are arguing over spilt milk

It's terrible that this is the hottest Thread on this Charger Forum :-/ Meanwhile The Patriots & Saints Forums want Brady & Brees fired....

we have a good thing going & we are letting 1 guy/member get all the attention :-| with his negativity

Let's Go Conner & lets go Chargers !!

Funk that Noize !!! Let enjoy this !!!

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
          Draft experts in the media.
          This is an oxymoron.
          Adipose

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Send PM

My view is that the call was for making the pose next to the fallen Jaguar and nothing else and as such, it was a bad call. There us no evidence to support any other conclusion.
            Not entirely correct. We don't know what prompted the official to make the call. But there is evidence! There is visual evidence. We can see that while he paused briefly over the player, there really wasn't anything overt or excessive in his physical actions to warrant a penalty. So, if we knew this was what prompted the call, most of us could probably agree that it was ticky-tack. We also know that the league is placing an emphasis on enforcing penalties against verbal taunting this year. Thus, since the visual evidence would seem to show that the player is not physically taunting and the circumstantial evidence tell us there is an emphasis on penalizing verbal taunting, we can safely infer that Conner must have said something that the official felt crossed the line. We just don't know what it might have been.
            Adipose

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Send PM

First, it isn't everyone, but a few, who I will not name that clearly did not follow what I was saying and that could be determined form their comments. Maybe I wasn't clear enough or my posts were too long to read carefully. That could easily be. But that does not change the accuracy of what I said about not everyone following all of what I was saying.
              Does anything ever change the accuracy of what you post?

May I call you Ignatius J. Reilly?
              Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                You might as well try and argue your points to my buddies Kodi and Max. They MIGHT listen.
                I thought you didn't condone cruelty to animals?

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                this is a place to come and visit and just rejoice in being wrong. All the time. Where else - on EARTH - can you do that and get away with it?
                Marriage?
                Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Send PM

Our run defense is of the same quality as ATL's. We are getting more stops because our pass D is better.
                  No, Yuba, this is just wrong. I don't mean any disrespect (this time -- I often do), but you are demonstrating a very incomplete and sophomoric understanding of statistics.

A team doesn't just abandon the pass unless they have a relatively safe lead they want to protect. Nobody has 60-65 rushing attempts per game. And the important thing is that the opposing team is stopped short of scoring. Our run defense is doing well enough to put our pass defense in favorable situations. And yes, our pass defense is better and making stops it wasn't making last season, but that is irrespective of the point.

What Steve has tried to explain repeatedly is that yards per carry is not a very telling stat. Consider three sets (and call them yards per carry given up): {4.5, 4.5, 4.5} and {2, 2, 9.5}. Both these sets' members average to 4.5, but there the similarity ends. Despite having identical averages, the first set clearly is far worse. Why? The mode and the median of the first set (4.5) is higher than that of the second set (2).

Now yes, it might be the case that team 2's opponent ran the ball for 2 yards on first down and then picked up the first down with a 9.5 yard scamper on second down. Statistically, though, it's far more likely that the team faced a 3rd and 6 and had to rely on its pass defense. The 9.5 in the second set skews the mean, which is why mean/average is not a very telling stat.

In the case of Atlanta, their run D consistently can't seem to stop anyone; their median and mode is a lot closer to their mean. In the case of San Diego, we've given up a few big runs which skew the mean upwards, but we also have made a lot of stops, meaning the median and mode are a lot lower. We may give up the same yards per carry as Atlanta, but we have a quantifiably better run defense.

And really, when you look at the numbers correctly and without bias, one simply cannot argue against that. You may argue the significance of that all you want, but there just is no argument as to which defense is more effective against the run, because one will be making stops (or put its pass defense in favorable situations to make stops) a lot more often than the other, despite the averages.
                  Adipose

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Then, why did he screw the pooch at OLB, stripping us bare of pass rushers except Ingram in 2013, who got injured in short order?

If he knew our starting WRs were going to go down, why did he make any offer to Alexander at all? Why didn't he draft two WRs? Why didn't he anticipate injuries at other positions? Why not cut Hardwick then before this season began to save $$$? Obviously, he cannot anticipate the various specific injuries. In football, anyone can get injured at any time.
                    SMH

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                      I will bet 10k against your claim.
                      Can I get in on this action?

imp: :gold:
                      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
                        Yes I know and he'll probably want me to show him just how many times he's referenced Jenkins and Saints fans. Personally myself I read like the first paragraph from YubaKing and stop reading after that just because I get a headache everytime I see one of his posts.
                        Nah, it's OIP who demands you back everything you dare to post with links and facts (or affidavits from his wife). Yuba will simply write a 10-paragraph or more post explaining how he only mentions Jenkins because we brought him up, we have clearly failed to grasp his clearly stated and concise arguments, he is obviously correct beyond the shadow of a doubt, and his logical arguments are so brilliant that we would have to be particularly clueless to disagree.
                        Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

You guys have been here all night haven't you? Still wearing the same clothes as yesterday and haven't stopped to brush your teeth.

IWofS (Internet Walk of Shame)
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X