• Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Great rotation.
    Gives Tillery/JJ a better chance to develop.
    Not so many snaps to go around,
    with our NASCAR front, Cover 3, often employed.
    Maybe Broughton will come on post mono.
    WTF was up with all the mono cases last year? :shock:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Great rotation.
      Gives Tillery/JJ a better chance to develop.
      Not so many snaps to go around,
      with our NASCAR front, Cover 3, often employed.
      Maybe Broughton will come on post mono.
      From @TroyRenck (I think he is a Denver sports writer/personality)

Signings and trades can become official at 2 pm. Some will be sort of official pending physicals. Teams pushing to land #Broncos @ChrisHarrisJr including LA Chargers and #Eagles. #Lions were making strong push for @PhillyWill11 last night. #Denver7

Looks like the Chargers are talking to Chris Harris. He's a good football player. About to be 31 and they tendered Michael Davis so dollars will be a factor. Does he want to stay in AFCWest.. hmm - granted, all about the money too.

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

From @TroyRenck (I think he is a Denver sports writer/personality)

Signings and trades can become official at 2 pm. Some will be sort of official pending physicals. Teams pushing to land #Broncos @ChrisHarrisJr including LA Chargers and #Eagles. #Lions were making strong push for @PhillyWill11 last night. #Denver7

Looks like the Chargers are talking to Chris Harris. He's a good football player. About to be 31 and they tendered Michael Davis so dollars will be a factor. Does he want to stay in AFCWest.. hmm - granted, all about the money too.
        I hope so. He was a player I wanted the team to target.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          Joseph has graded high as a run stopper, year after year, and his numbers show no decline, in fact some think 2019 was one of his better years. He also pushes the pocket and even gets an occasional sack, which Pierce does not really do. Vikings made this move because they had $1M in cap room -- not because Joseph was not a good player. Some Ravens fans wanted Joseph as an upgrade to Pierce.

TG

PS - Also supposed to be a great locker room guy and fun for fans to be around. Adds a jolt of leadership to the room that will be missing with Mebane gone from defense and Rivers from the offense.

Yes he has been one of the better run defenders on the IDL for a decade now.
          He has shown decline in performance over the last 2 seasons.
          He will be 32 yo and playing his 11th NFL season in 2020.
          Vet leadership role, 35%-50% snap count player, short term gap filler.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
            WTF? Where was all this money last year when we had a real qb ready to lead this team into the playoffs?

Now that Rivers is no longer here to pull their asses out of the fire, now their ready to spend?

And I love then beefing up the lines, its just a year too late.

Fucking assholes.
            Yeah, I know. But the good thing is Rivers is going to play somewhere where he finally has a good O-line. He gets to play with an elite offensive linemen like Quenton Nelson.

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I do hope they can sign Square for a team friendly deal. He is a good rotation guy and would be a good guy to have in that group.
            Please no. Square is overrated. His pass rushing sucks. It contributed to why this team was so horrible outside of Bosa and Ingram. Plus, the team needs to make room to see more of Broughton.

We got a player, Joseph, who is almost like Mebane when he came to Chargers. Then we have Jones, who is limited as a pass rusher. His pre-draft reports tell you that.

This team is hoping Tillery fulfills his potential on being the pass rusher they drafted him to be. He might take a bit more time to do that. So they need to find another pass rush rusher at DT, who can also help push Tillery. He didn't have that with the unit he was with last year.

I'll put it clearly, the interior is not going to improve with the unit being nearly the same. The team needs a pass rusher on the interior, other than just one guy. The defense has enough run stoppers.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2020
              • Send PM

Really good signing and doesnt count in the compensatory picks next year because he was cut

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

WTF? Where was all this money last year when we had a real qb ready to lead this team into the playoffs?

Now that Rivers is no longer here to pull their asses out of the fire, now their ready to spend?

Fucking assholes.
                Not having Rivers is a big reason why we have money to spend.
                11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Game
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Fucking assholes.
                  That money was going to Rivers...

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Game View Post

That money was going to Rivers...
                    and it was going to get worse. $25+ million would have actually damaged the team more just like paying brady $30+ million. Jerry Jones might be doing himself a favor by letting Dak go after this season.
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I was pushing for Pierce too but maybe Joseph (and lets hope this was the reasoning) fits the style of defense for the position better than Pierce.

I just really like that Telesco seems to be making sensible moves - good contracts. At positions that have sorely been lacking. We have all seen it for years. Rivers deserved better
                      Is there any chance that Rivers contract off the books is allowing for some of these moves that if Rivers was retained at 25mil per year would be harder to accomplish.
                      Brady often took less money which im guessing allowed the Pats more flexibility to add to roster.

Or am i just making up an excuse for Telesco moves.
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Is there any chance that Rivers contract off the books is allowing for some of these moves that if Rivers was retained at 25mil per year would be harder to accomplish.
                        Brady often took less money which im guessing allowed the Pats more flexibility to add to roster.

Or am i just making up an excuse for Telesco moves.
                        Of course there is a correlation. Not spending the $25-30 million left room for these other players.

We still have a QB problem to solve as Taylor is just a stopgap.

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

I mean I love Taylor but it’s starting to feel criminally wrong we’re starting him with this stacked team lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X