• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
    Not looking too good in the power rankings . We are #21, last in the AFCW in CBS's and #24 in ESPN's.
    It makes sense. People see the record and think they might improve

I saw a power ranking with the Patriots at 15 - which too me is just the "analyst" not doing their job. Not only but Brady, but many key players on defense. Unknown at QB. I get Hoodie is a good coach but that seems a bit high to me.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Not looking too good in the power rankings . We are #21, last in the AFCW in CBS's and #24 in ESPN's.
      Power rankings are useless. Do you know that last year during the pre-season NFL.com ranked the Chargers #5? How'd that work out?
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        Power rankings are useless. Do you know that last year during the pre-season NFL.com ranked the Chargers #5? How'd that work out?
        all things equal - I like the look of this team on paper more than last years
        granted, who knew Okung would get the medical issue in June, Gordon in July would hold out

but I think there is improvement on the OL and the defense will be younger and faster for certain positions ; and I think Linval is an upgrade over Mebane.

Its just really QB that is the question mark but looking forward to seeing him play.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

all things equal - I like the look of this team on paper more than last years
          granted, who knew Okung would get the medical issue in June, Gordon in July would hold out

but I think there is improvement on the OL and the defense will be younger and faster for certain positions ; and I think Linval is an upgrade over Mebane.

Its just really QB that is the question mark but looking forward to seeing him play.
          I liked the Bolts to have another 12-4 season at the start of last year. I'm not expecting much better than 10-6 this time.
          I see other questions than just the QB. (by the way, that's a big one), but I also wonder about the left side of the OL and will we have better WR's than Patton? I do like the look of both of the WR's we drafted but who can be sure until they stap on the helmets. Every year there is so much turnover in players that it's really hard to know what to expect I always hope for undefeated SB Champs but I'm not sure that's a reasonable expectation?
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Personally, I was more unhappy with Feeney at LG than Pipkins at LT. But, it's a new year and I think it's fair to assume that vet pro coaching, a guy that's coached O lines in several playoff seasons will make a difference. Having quality starters at C-RG-RT should be helpful also, at least in the sense that that TE/RB/FB blockers can lean to the left primarily if need be.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

gusD says...
              --Rayshawn Jenkins will play some NLB, In-the-Box this year, as well as Single High.
              --LAC will mix up coverages, some Man, some Two High, not Cover 3 all the time.

This implies that Adderley will get more snaps, King will have a much varied role, and more Blitzkrieg tactics will be employed.

we play modern defensive football...
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

I would love to see King utilized more. After a discipline issue last year, and us picking up Harris, I was concerned the coaches lost King...but perhaps that little late season row led to a heart to heart, with King expressing his desire to do more...maybe even get a shot on the outside...and maybe they are going to indulge him. Put your best players on the field, however you can...I like it.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

And the problem is, they’re generally in the ballpark.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                    Maybe there's a M80 among those UDFA's?
                    How much time do you have? It took Malcom 5 yrs to get over 20 receptions a season.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      gusD says...
                      --Rayshawn Jenkins will play some NLB, In-the-Box this year, as well as Single High.
                      --LAC will mix up coverages, some Man, some Two High, not Cover 3 all the time.

This implies that Adderley will get more snaps, King will have a much varied role, and more Blitzkrieg tactics will be employed.

we play modern defensive football...
                      Mr. Elite and Puff Adder in two high would make sense in some situations...I like the idea of moving Mr. Elite closer to the box, which is his natural position, and leaving Adderley single high...

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

How much time do you have? It took Malcom 5 yrs to get over 20 receptions a season.
                        Joe Reed is going to play like a second rounder. KJ will play like a third rounder...and schoen looks like a chain moving machine with 40+ catches per year if we keep him.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

And the problem is, they’re generally in the ballpark.
                          ESPN had us at #6 power ranking May 6 2019. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...f-chances-1-32
                          Stuff happens. Maybe this year we'll catch a good break or two.

Comment

Working...
                          X