Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
    Defense
    SPOILER2020 Pre Draft Defense.jpg

Offense
    SPOILER2020 Pre Draft Offense.jpg

Looking at the roster, Chargers have a lot of holes on offense. The defense imo really only has one need... DE/EDGE/LEO, whatever you want to call it. Of course you can draft an upgrade for any position, but with so many needs on O, Chargers have a good chance to restock on offensive skill positions this draft. Which means very few picks for D.

I like the idea of staying at 6 or moving back and picking a tackle like Thomas, then moving back into the 1st for Jordan Love. I think that's the best value pairing of QB and OT. If you stand pat at 6 and 37 and take best QB and OT, maybe you get Tua and maybe you get an OT like Austin Jackson, but it's probably more likely you end up with Herbert and Ezra Cleveland.

Round 3 is a solid spot for a RB like Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, or Zack Moss. Round 4 is where I typically mock a DE/Edge guy Like Alton Robinson or Alex Highsmith, but after watching some highlights I really like Kenny Willekes. Last 3 rounds are good for TE, WR, whatever.

1. OT Andrew Thomas
    1. QB Jordan Love
    3. RB Antonio Gibson
    4. DE Kenny Willekes
    5. WR Devin Duvernay
    6. TE Dalton Keene
    7. WR Tyrie Cleveland
    I hope 6 is Simmons and wouldn’t mind fournette replacing a 3/4.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Hard pass. A conditional 7th or just wait for them to cut him and avoid paying his ridiculous salary for an average RB.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Tol
        From Accounting
        • Mar 2019
        • Carlsbad
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

He's usually gone when I mock. But when he's not, taking him at 6 just feels like a luxury. Some teams view him as a safety, probably because they want what we already have in Derwin James. If we take a LB in the 1st, It pushes our needs at QB, OT, RB and WR down, and the talent down with it.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Got one pick in the first round, unless you can find a trade partner, down or back up. One. Who cares if the guy is slotted 10 spots lower, if it’s your guy you take give and don’t look back.

Simmons, yes.

If he’s gone and no trade...Lamb. Give me playmakers, cuz fucking rare.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
            Got one pick in the first round, unless you can find a trade partner, down or back up. One. Who cares if the guy is slotted 10 spots lower, if it’s your guy you take give and don’t look back.

Simmons, yes.

Yup, even Tyrod will look like a $20 mil qb with lamb on screens and quick wr's screens. Lamb has good moves and bursts that simply cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

didnt think about Lamb and the crazy mismatches that would create.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post
                didnt think about Lamb and the crazy mismatches that would create.
                Dude would be MW’s best friend, drawing the underneath coverages away from him going long lol.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Dude would be MW’s best friend, drawing the underneath coverages away from him going long lol.
                  if, gods help us if we do, go receiver early, Ruggs III is the dude. Speed, toughness, route stem/tree excellence, contact balance/body control are elite, and the type of character background that screams an internal drive for greatness.

If you have a few minutes, here is part of his life journey.

Alabama is a part of me now. A big part. That’s forever. I will miss Alabama more than I can even say.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Yup, even Tyrod will look like a $20 mil qb with lamb on screens and quick wr's screens. Lamb has good moves and bursts that simply cannot be taught. You either have it or you don't.
                    He's almost never tackled by the first guy. Which is nuts for a guy his size. He absolutely drips with big play potential.

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

if, gods help us if we do, go receiver early, Ruggs III is the dude. Speed, toughness, route stem/tree excellence, contact balance/body control are elite, and the type of character background that screams an internal drive for greatness.

If you have a few minutes, here is part of his life journey.

Alabama is a part of me now. A big part. That’s forever. I will miss Alabama more than I can even say.

Lamb and Ruggs seem to me like the 2 special WR's in this class.

Just got done seeing Ruggs dunk highlights from his HS days. HOLY! FUCKING! SHIT! That kid has insane athleticism.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Ya know, KC just won a SB with shitty QB play (for a lot of the game) but with stacked receiver corps. Just sayin’.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Simmons, yes.

Like you said, one pick - top 6 pick - -- player has to be a QB or difference maker this year. You have to nail the damn pick

Comment

Working...
                          X