• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Okay... another Charger cooking video on the official app.
    this time Issac Rochelle. Plant based burgers.
    Horrible
    new mock coming up
    Prioritizing big DE now....
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

sad part is that our FO always makes the confounding decisions regarding the draft/FA, and usually much to our dismay, and despite the diehards that defend them to the end right after the draft, but then recede into the shadows after things get sorted a year or coupla few later, as still really feel/think that our FO needs to bring in some reinforcements in the form of someone like John Dorsey to help mentor JS, and possibly a rising star to assist Tommy T. ??
      I think after last season I think TT has had a near death experience and has started dealing with all the inadequacies this off season. I don't see him pulling a brain fart and I actually see him working his priorities this season more than most. Last year was fools gold and he realized changes needed to be mad every where.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        That will be the first pick - Tua.
        I would rather wait and take Fromm than gamble on “straight-Tua-IR” . Fromm’s floor is probably pretty close to his ceiling. Tua could be a great pick but I’d say it’s really a 50-50 chance he would get offered the 5th year option of his rookie contract. The kid is beat up

Comment

• cmplxgal
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • New Jersey
          • Send PM

BTW, here's what Telesco said about the linebackers group (per Daniel Popper at The Athletic):

“Drue Tranquill is an excellent football player,” Telesco replied. “He can play MIKE or play WILL. We signed Nick Vigil from the Bengals; he can play MIKE and play WILL. He played WILL with the Bengals, a two-year starter there, and we like him a lot. The scouts are very excited about signing him. He’s tough, he’s smart, he’s very athletic, he’s long and he’s played a good amount of football. So we got those guys, and then Malik Jefferson is a player that when he came out in the draft … we had very, very high grades on. We thought he fit our defense very well. So we were able to acquire him on the practice squad this past year, and he’ll have a really good opportunity this year to probably work more at MIKE than WILL. And then we like our SAM linebackers as well. So I think we’re actually OK there depth-wise. Always looking for more and more competition, but overall, I like the group.”

Popper doesn't believe him and thinks the Chargers will pick a LB in the first three rounds. The Chargers have seven linebackers under contract right now:

Denzel Perryman (M), Kyzir White (S?), Drue Tranquill (M/W), Nick Vigil (W/M), Uchenna Nwosu (S), Emeke Egbule (S), Malik Jefferson (M/W)

Popper says there is a 90-day free trial at The Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/1755922/2020...ore-the-draft/

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
            BTW, here's what Telesco said about the linebackers group (per Daniel Popper at The Athletic):

“Drue Tranquill is an excellent football player,” Telesco replied. “He can play MIKE or play WILL. We signed Nick Vigil from the Bengals; he can play MIKE and play WILL. He played WILL with the Bengals, a two-year starter there, and we like him a lot. The scouts are very excited about signing him. He’s tough, he’s smart, he’s very athletic, he’s long and he’s played a good amount of football. So we got those guys, and then Malik Jefferson is a player that when he came out in the draft … we had very, very high grades on. We thought he fit our defense very well. So we were able to acquire him on the practice squad this past year, and he’ll have a really good opportunity this year to probably work more at MIKE than WILL. And then we like our SAM linebackers as well. So I think we’re actually OK there depth-wise. Always looking for more and more competition, but overall, I like the group.”

Popper doesn't believe him and thinks the Chargers will pick a LB in the first three rounds. The Chargers have seven linebackers under contract right now:

Denzel Perryman (M), Kyzir White (S?), Drue Tranquill (M/W), Nick Vigil (W/M), Uchenna Nwosu (S), Emeke Egbule (S), Malik Jefferson (M/W)

Popper says there is a 90-day free trial at The Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/1755922/2020...ore-the-draft/
            Good stuff thanks.
            If they liked Vigil that much he’d have gotten more than a minor 1 year non-guaranteed deal.
            Uchenna has primarily moved into the LEO role.
            Kyzir’s knee injury seems to have relegated him to SAM unfortunately.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• cmplxgal
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • New Jersey
              • Send PM

Yes, last season Nwosu played a lot of LEO filling in for Ingram. Since the Chargers are short on edge rushers, maybe they'll keep him there. But for now the Chargers list him as a LB so I've kept him there in my lists. I think this is an important season for Nwosu. He needs to show that he has a position and justify that second-round pick.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think after last season I think TT has had a near death experience and has started dealing with all the inadequacies this off season. I don't see him pulling a brain fart and I actually see him working his priorities this season more than most. Last year was fools gold and he realized changes needed to be mad every where.
                I agree with that. Is the OL rebuild the beginning or the end of it. I hope he sees it as the beginning.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                  Yes, last season Nwosu played a lot of LEO filling in for Ingram. Since the Chargers are short on edge rushers, maybe they'll keep him there. But for now the Chargers list him as a LB so I've kept him there in my lists. I think this is an important season for Nwosu. He needs to show that he has a position and justify that second-round pick.
                  Not just last season. The vast majority of his snaps in his short career have been at LEO. He simply does not play OTTO now.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                    • Send PM

So basically if Simmons there at 6 he’s the pick

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                      So basically if Simmons there at 6 he’s the pick
                      A very intelligent assessment. I concur.

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                        Not just last season. The vast majority of his snaps in his short career have been at LEO. He simply does not play OTTO now.
                        OK, thanks for the correction.

Comment

• Tol
                          From Accounting
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Carlsbad
                          • Send PM

Defense
                          SPOILER2020 Pre Draft Defense.jpg

Offense
                          SPOILER2020 Pre Draft Offense.jpg

Looking at the roster, Chargers have a lot of holes on offense. The defense imo really only has one need... DE/EDGE/LEO, whatever you want to call it. Of course you can draft an upgrade for any position, but with so many needs on O, Chargers have a good chance to restock on offensive skill positions this draft. Which means very few picks for D.

I like the idea of staying at 6 or moving back and picking a tackle like Thomas, then moving back into the 1st for Jordan Love. I think that's the best value pairing of QB and OT. If you stand pat at 6 and 37 and take best QB and OT, maybe you get Tua and maybe you get an OT like Austin Jackson, but it's probably more likely you end up with Herbert and Ezra Cleveland.

Round 3 is a solid spot for a RB like Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson, or Zack Moss. Round 4 is where I typically mock a DE/Edge guy Like Alton Robinson or Alex Highsmith, but after watching some highlights I really like Kenny Willekes. Last 3 rounds are good for TE, WR, whatever.

1. OT Andrew Thomas
                          1. QB Jordan Love
                          3. RB Antonio Gibson
                          4. DE Kenny Willekes
                          5. WR Devin Duvernay
                          6. TE Dalton Keene
                          7. WR Tyrie Cleveland

Comment

Working...
                          X