• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
    Don't laugh too hard, the Bolts will be in that position in a few years. No negative karma please.
    Needing a QB and reaching on mediocre talent that never produced or were accurate in college are two different things. Locker, Ponder, Gabbert, EJ Manuel etc were all highly over drafted. In what other year is Locker the 6th pick and Christian freaking Ponder a top 15 pick? EJ was the biggest reason why the team with the most talent in CFB couldn't win a damn thing. None of them could read a defense or were particularly accurate. Good athletes though..... A lot of good that does them.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Teams overdraft qbs every year with the hope they'll become great ones. And when a potentially great one comes along ie leaf, rg3, teams pay out the nose to get them.

I don't look forward to Rivers retiring and us going through that circus again.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        Teams overdraft qbs every year with the hope they'll become great ones. And when a potentially great one comes along ie leaf, rg3, teams pay out the nose to get them.

I don't look forward to Rivers retiring and us going through that circus again.
        Some teams just can't identify good QBs.....for example the Browns. Nothing is guaranteed when drafting, but drafting guys that are accurate and can read a defense is high in my list of traits to succeed. That is why I still believe the Browns will regret passing on Bridgewater for Manziel. Could I be wrong...sure. Teddy is also too thin and maybe not vocal enough as a leader. Time will tell. But he has traits to be very good that I have yet to ever see from JFF. Maybe JFF will work hard and develop some of those traits. I would bet the under on that.
        Last edited by Panamamike; 10-04-2014, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
          Some teams just can't identify good QBs.....for example the Browns. Nothing is guaranteed when drafting, but drafting guys that are accurate and can read a defense is high in my list of traits to succeed. That is why I still believe the Browns will regret passing on Bridgewater for Manziel. Could I be wrong...sure. Teddy is also too thin and maybe not vocal enough as a leader. Time will tell. But he has traits to be very good that I have yet to ever see from JFF. Maybe JFF will work hard and develop some of those traits. I would bet the under on that.
          immaturity is not a good trait for a qb. I wouldn't have touched JF in the draft.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• KarlC
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Kinda funny hearing all the media feeding-frenzy over how Thursday Night Football was a complete bust when simply looking at a different year shows the current blowouts are an anomaly (some saner heads in the media actually do point this out). Hell, I don't see it even lasting much longer this season by looking at the schedule.

Countdown to media backpedalling on TNF being a blowout bust...

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Loving the upsets in NCAA football this week. #2 and #3 both fall to the underdogs, and T A&M got their asses handed to them as well.

Good stuff, Maynard.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

And #4 falls, both my teams fall, lots of other upsets. Only survivor seems to be FSU. I hope this doesn't carry over to the pro games tomorrow.
                Last edited by Bolt-O; 10-04-2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Aztecs lost. College football doesn't matter this week.

Other games suck.

Go Chargers.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

What, other games are not better when your high?
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Cardinals think they can make a statement in Denver

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 4, 2014, 3:35 PM EDT

AP
                      The Cardinals are one of only two unbeaten teams in the NFL, but few view Arizona as one of the NFL’s elite teams. That will change, however, if the 3-0 Cardinals improve to 4-0 with a win at Denver on Sunday.

“This ain’t no normal game,” Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote said. “I know if we get this victory, a lot more cameras are going to be in this locker room. . . . It’s a statement game.”

Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald echoed that sentiment.

“We’re a confident group,” Fitzgerald said. “This is the NFL. There’s ups and downs. You play good some weeks, you play bad some weeks. To be honest with you, we haven’t played our best football. We haven’t put together a game where we can say, ‘Man, this is our statement game.'”

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said he’s excited to be featured in the national television game that will get the largest audience on Sunday afternoon.

“It’s great,” he said. “You want to be in a five-star game. You want Joe Buck and Troy Aikman doing your games.”

The flip side is, an audience of 20 million or so may see the Cardinals lose. The Broncos are 7.5-point favorites, as the betting public isn’t convinced that the Cardinals really are one of the NFL’s elite teams. At least not yet.

Permalink 37 Comments ?
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                        What, other games are not better when your high?
                        Haha.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                          Go Aztecs and Pads
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Watching Baltimore v. the Colts (I remember when that was the same team.) Just like all the other games, so far, it sucks. Field goal and turnovers.

Comment

Working...
                          X