• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
    Reports are that L.A. mayor is thinking about not allowing concerts or sporting events until 2021. If that happens, then other mayors, at least of big cities, will likely follow. I sure hope that doesn't have to happen. Ugh. That would suck.
    He seems well on his way to committing political suicide. The pressure from industry groups like the NFL will bury him.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
      The Precious
      • May 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
      Well, we can rule out that they caught it from any LA fans
      :LOL:

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

I have flights, hotels and tickets for my wife and I on my 60th birthday to see Elton on July 5th. Then I have a full England / Scotland trip planned in November for over two weeks which just so happens to include front row tickets for myself, wife and daughter on her 19th birthday in Aberdeen Scotland with Elton.

This virus needs to get over with in a hurry. I will selfishly be pissed if it wanks my 60th plans not to mention the big trip. I already have my Watford FC shirt ready to go.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
          I have flights, hotels and tickets for my wife and I on my 60th birthday to see Elton on July 5th. Then I have a full England / Scotland trip planned in November for over two weeks which just so happens to include front row tickets for myself, wife and daughter on her 19th birthday in Aberdeen Scotland with Elton.

This virus needs to get over with in a hurry. I will selfishly be pissed if it wanks my 60th plans not to mention the big trip. I already have my Watford FC shirt ready to go.
          I think i'll stop complaining about my Sepultura tickets now.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Dude, you coming to Windsor? We have a pretty cool castle here!

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

He seems well on his way to committing political suicide. The pressure from industry groups like the NFL will bury him.
                We'll see. If anything I think it will be the NFL who don't want to deal with the political fallout of spreading the virus.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We'll see. If anything I think it will be the NFL who don't want to deal with the political fallout of spreading the virus.
                  Why would they? The plans being talked about in major all sports venues is to go empty stadiums, if necessary....with rigid player testing.
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Why would they? The plans being talked about in major all sports venues is to go empty stadiums, if necessary....with rigid player testing.
                    That would be great. But they have to keep the players safe. And that’s not an easy thing to do.

And the other issue is to get an agreement between players and owners on how to share the reduced revenue. That will not be easy.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

I heard that LA is cancelling all sporting events until 2021.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That would be great. But they have to keep the players safe. And that’s not an easy thing to do.

And the other issue is to get an agreement between players and owners on how to share the reduced revenue. That will not be easy.
                        Isnt the revenue split just on TV contracts and maybe jersey sells? Owners get all stadium & individual team branding generated $ - I.e. Jerrah’s success

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Hence the rigid testing...you test negative, or you test positive for antibodies, and you travel with team, stay with team, and take the field on gameday. You test positive for virus, your medically suspended for 3 games, away from team. It's not complicated. The only difficulty is test availability...if they are being mass produced all spring and summer, there will hopefully be a abundance. The players want it, the owners want it, the networks want it...and America needs it. If we are still losing 2000 a day come July, then I would be doubtful. But I do think concerts or any mass gatherings are suspect regardless, til 2021. But empty arena sports? They are already drawing up guidelines.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X