Which one looks more like a winner, Tua or Herbert?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Oh? What did I miss?
    the context
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

But if we draft Herbert, you know Tyrod is starting. Herbert needs work and it's puzzling Jeremiah can't see it.
      Maybe if we had OTAs, preseason, the whole enchilada then Herbert can maybe be ready by midseason. Without those from this pandemic, I think he sits all year unless Tyrod gets hurt
      Jeremiah never said he didn't need work, he said he was borderline ready to start in the NFL his first game. He is not high on Taylor and even thinks that if we don't draft a QB this year we should offer a mid-round draft pick for Dalton because he is a much better QB than Taylor. I would not waste time on Dalton, but as I've said many times I wouldn't waste time starting Taylor either, unless our rookie QB just needs a little time.

Comment

• rikardo
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The discussion had to with his 2019 season, not his 2018 season, so the fact that the Ravens lost to the Chargers in the playoffs in the preceding season is not relevant.

As for the other playoff loss, the Titans defeated the Ravens. This is not baseball and QBs are not pitchers. Teams win and lose games, individual QBs do not. But if your concern is that Jackson "only went 14-3" last season, it is duly noted as is the fact that the starting QB for 30 other teams also did not play on a Super Bowl winning team.

In terms of player's actual performance (instead of his team's), Jackson's stats were worthy of MVP consideration. His 113.3 QB rating is excellent, especially when combined with over 1,200 rushing yards from the QB position. His 36 TDs versus 6 INTs did not suck either. And those were his passing TDs. He also ran for 7 TDs.
        All great points
        And I agree

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Dalton, meh, why waste the money?

Hurts completed nearly 70 percent of his passes last season at Oklahoma, throwing for 3,851 yards with 32 touchdowns against eight interceptions. He also added 1,298 rushing yards and 20 more scores on the ground en route to Heisman finalist honors.
          Sound familiar?

Comment

• Boltdiehard
            The Precious
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            When he is on the field......

Also, how much of his performance is the players around him?

There is a chance that ALL of them could end up going on to be great QB. It could be NONE of them go on. Maybe 1 or 2. This the time of year that I always find somewhat confusing, because the conversation becomes muddled. Draft "experts" spend so much time arguing who the best prospect is, yet, only the team with the 1st pick in the draft really has any say in who they pick. Everyone else has to HOPE that the #1 team doesn't take THEIR GUY.

The thing that really worries me right now is that we end up taking a QB for the sake of taking a QB, since I don't think that Burrows is really the only franchise guy, with Tua being a medical scratch and the others being developmental types, some of who might turn into franchise QB, some others who likely will not. But the worse thing that can happen is to draft someone and get little or nothing out of the pick. After all, with Tyrod on the roster, if we aren't going to get a guy who will eventually be a franchise QB, there is really no reason to waste a pick on a QB. We have Tyrod to play now, we will just have to upgrade him at some point.
            Or we could just sign Cam and go full bling baby! He’s perfect for LA and is better than anybody we have on our radar IMO. Not even close.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post

Or we could just sign Cam and go full bling baby! He’s perfect for LA and is better than anybody we have on our radar IMO. Not even close.
              Cam needs some work too. He is probably not going to get a lot better at his age, although QB do bloom a bit later than other positions do.

I just don't think he is the player he used to be, and people will be disappointed if they think they are getting the old Cam.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                Dalton, meh, why waste the money?
                I agree, though to be fair to Dalton, how many QBs would have thrived in that organization wasting all those years under Marv?

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                  The Precious
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

Cam needs some work too. He is probably not going to get a lot better at his age, although QB do bloom a bit later than other positions do.

I just don't think he is the player he used to be, and people will be disappointed if they think they are getting the old Cam.
                  Well aware of all of that and I still think he’s the best option especially with weapons like Keenan and Hunter. JMO.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

agree, and.... think he is the ideal placeholder, for if you are of the mind (like eye am) that there is not a reasonable/wise selection @QB for us this draft season.... nothing wrong w/the pause button every once in awhile.... lets reinforce the IDL and Oline…. (no Chargers signal caller will be served/drafted before its/his time....)
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Steve
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • South Carolina
                      • Meteorologist
                      • Send PM

Cam is a better PLAYMAKER than Tyrod is (or was anyway). However, you have to live with the numerous mistakes that lead to turnovers that Cam makes.

That is where Tyrod shines. Taylor doesn't turn the ball over. He has a history of leaving plays on the field, which means the offensive production is going to be lower.

A lot of the which QB is best argument is going to depend on who we get as RB, and what does the D look like. If the D is smothering, and allows very few points, then Tyrod would be the better option. Might not get a lot of points, but is not going to let another team back in the game. If the D has some cracks in it, and needs more offensive help, then Cam would be.

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Cam is a better PLAYMAKER than Tyrod is (or was anyway). However, you have to live with the numerous mistakes that lead to turnovers that Cam makes.

That is where Tyrod shines. Taylor doesn't turn the ball over. He has a history of leaving plays on the field, which means the offensive production is going to be lower.

A lot of the which QB is best argument is going to depend on who we get as RB, and what does the D look like. If the D is smothering, and allows very few points, then Tyrod would be the better option. Might not get a lot of points, but is not going to let another team back in the game. If the D has some cracks in it, and needs more offensive help, then Cam would be.
                        just like John Spanos said that he thought Anthony Lynn was the right guy at that time for HC, also have the sense that Cam is the right guy given the circumstances at present.

he's friends w/Tyrod and apparently is ok w/coming in having to earn playing time, and if his Lisfranc isn't 100 percent, won't hurt him not to rush back into things.

also love his intangibles for LA.... he can handle "hard knocks," he can handle the new stadium and all the hoopla 'round it, he can handle any and all increased attention paid to the Chargers due to the NFL wanting to pimp LA, and he can bring a whole lotta peoples into the fold that just plain and simple won't be rollin' Chargers style w/someone like Herbert or even Stick in the on deck circle.

and haven't looked at much film, but will admit to catching Cam making just as many bonehead plays on film as that clip on Herbert that someone had up, showing how off he was.

not sayin' Cam is gonna run the table, just sayin' that he could be the perfect storm for the LAC in SoFi ??

ps. will also add that am not sure how many more miles Newton has on/in him, and.... dude is def a four wheel drive pathfinder out past the LOS, which AL has got to love about him.
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Unless the draft goes totally unexpected for us, I dont think Cam is going to be here. Seems they plan of drafting a QB rounds one or two and will develop them behind Tyrod. We are most likely going to get Tua or Herbert unless a team leap frogs us.

Comment

Working...
                          X