Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

again.... point taken, and.... we're not just talking about investment made, but to be made, and.... there is also the (draft capital) consideration of Jatavis and then Thomas Davis as a FA, and even Rayshawn who could play some LB/S (dimebacker) if need be (me thinx/suspex) ?? ….and that's before you add the likes of Isaiah.

and agree, we have brought in a fair bit of Oline FAs, which has been helpful when on the field, and yes.... do think we need to bring in reinforcements for the left side of the Oline.

which unit do you feel more comfortable w/as is ??

LT * Pips
    LG * Lamp, Scott
    OC * Pouncey, Qberry
    RG * Trai, Feeney
    RT * Beluga, Tevi

or

SAM * Kyzir, Egbule (if you want to get technical, you could add Uchenna here, even tho as you know, he largely spells Mel @LEO)
    MIKE * Denzel, Malik
    WIL * Drue, Vigil

and btw, and as a reminder, the suggestion is to leave all of the above LB corps on the pine/bench, and simply have Simmons as your MLB in there w/your six DBs (not bad btw)
    The Oline. Do we need 1 more OT yes.

No no. Simmons allows for only 3 CB/2 DS in .05/.10. We never have to bring our CB4 on the field unless for a specific matchup we like.
    Tranquill rarely comes off the field. I just don’t see what is so hard to envision here.

Also LBs are core ST players. Olinemen are not.
    We will keep 9 Olinemen for 5 spots. If healthy only 6 ever see the field (1 as a ST)
    We will carry a minimum of 7 LBs for 3 spots with an additional 9-10 DBs for 4.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Electric Chicken
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

1. Isaiah Simmons LB/S

2. Denzel Mims WR

3. Jacob Eason QB

4.J.K. Dobbins RB

5. Prince Tega Wanogho OT

6.Keith Ismael C

7. Javin White LB

Comment

• ChargerTrader
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

When I did my mock, I have Simmons and Tua off the board. I just don't think they last till 6, and does Tom want to give up a high 2nd rounder to move up?

I am not sold on Herbert at 6. So, assuming no trade back, I then approached it as do I take the best OT remaining (Thomas, Wirfs, etc) or an impact skill position of WR. I went WR, as not only does Lamb give us another offensive weapon, it offers some soft insurance if BigMikeW does not keep progressing as much as the coaching staff want.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

meanwhile our O is going three and out, and.... we're putting the likes of Denzel, Drue, Kyzir and Vigil all on the bench for the majority of our defensive snaps.... that's alotta draft capital sittin' on the pine.... not to mention a (very) slippery slope for our Oline.
          So better to put the ineffective players on the field?

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Here goes nothin':
            1) Isiah Simmons-LB/S
            2) Ezra Cleveland- T
            3) Jalen Hurts-QB
            4) Devan Duvernay-WR
            5) AJ Dillon- RB
            6)Lamar Jckson- CB
            7) Tyrie Cleveland-WR

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

FYI ALL,

Second post on first page has all entries.
              Please verify and let me know if your draft is incorrect.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

I ran the simulated drafts for HOURS!( I'm not working at the minute). Every once in a blue moon, IS dropped to 6. Seems they really like mocking him to NYG though. If that happens, I'm actually leaning towards Wirfs. That gives us 2 guys on the left side( he and Lamp) that have experience at both spots. And Ezra Cleveland keeps going off the board just before my second pick! But if he's there, he then gives us 3 guys that can play either left side spot( i.e. we get left side healthy REALLY fast!) If, as expected, IS is gone and Wirfs is our number 1, and Cleveland not there, I'd be happy with Igbinoghene at that spot.
                Round 3 seems a good spot to grab Hurts. If somehow Laviska Shenault is still, I'd happily grab him. Round 4 goes RB(if Shenault taken 3rd) with AJ Dillon. Dude could be Marion Butts part 2!. Round 5 would be great if Davion Taylor( Colorade LB) or Keith Ismael( SDSU C) fell to us. Nebraska's Lamar Jackson is purely an outside cover guy who fit nicely behind Michael Davis and Tyrie Cleveland,while not a burner, has hands, fights, and runs decent routes.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

So better to put the ineffective players on the field?
                  think you can shake a stick @it from either side of the line, as you're leaving Lamp/Feeney, prolly Qberry or a half mast Pouncey, and Pips on the left side of the line, and....

do like and did myself make note of the (@least) six DBs that would prolly need to see the field, and agree that w/Simmons in the middle, that would be a good pkg/look, and....

think we win the battle but not too many wars w/that formation, as sooner or later your (lack of) size wears down over the course of the season, and into the playoffs if so.....

do think Telesco envisions Drue and Vigil in our 4-2-5/nickel, and not sure he's got long range plans for Denzel, albeit speaking for myself would rather see Denzel as the lone middle backer in any 4-1-6/dime pkg, as think he gets the short end of the straw w/his pass coverage, and as find it hard to believe that he would be left in single coverage deep w/six DBs behind him, and not sure the advanced stats don't favor him over Tranquill in pass completion against rate ?? and think he holds up better in the longrun there than Simmons who is a better advantage/chess piece as WIL/DB.

and back to the Oline…. same pary, as to whether your think a Tristan Wirfs or an Isaiah Simmons has the greater impact on wins/losses, and..... we've been down that road of late.
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

The Oline. Do we need 1 more OT yes.

No no. Simmons allows for only 3 CB/2 DS in .05/.10. We never have to bring our CB4 on the field unless for a specific matchup we like.
                    Tranquill rarely comes off the field. I just don’t see what is so hard to envision here.

Also LBs are core ST players. Olinemen are not.
                    We will keep 9 Olinemen for 5 spots. If healthy only 6 ever see the field (1 as a ST)
                    We will carry a minimum of 7 LBs for 3 spots with an additional 9-10 DBs for 4.
                    re: Tranquill…. eye get it.... he doesn't come off the field in your mind/scenario, and.... was mostly referring to the suggestion to put Simmons in @LB in the dime, which would leave Drue on the pine.

and good point w/the special teams, and if you think that is a difference maker, and.... obviously you like your day two OTs/linemen, and....

putting the shoe on the other foot (which of course doesn't fit), but what if I could do the same thing w/the Oline that is suggested @LB (going from 3 in the base formation, to the lone LB in dime), and shrink our Oline down to just the two of 'em, Bryan 'n Trai…. bring in another TE, RB and wideout.... (not happenin' and just goofin', and.... this is pretty much endless, and as....)

you like ISIS, eye like Tristan and Oline for us.... both would be big pluses (unless of course team Tommy John whiffs w/one of the other OTs
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                      FYI ALL,

Second post on first page has all entries.
                      Please verify and let me know if your draft is incorrect.
                      I changed mine - see sig
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Ninj…. can you replace Zach Moss w/Clyde Edwards Helaire, third round in my mock ?? thank you,

(keep those two off the Chiefs roster and outta their offensive backfie!d)

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post
                          When I did my mock, I have Simmons and Tua off the board. I just don't think they last till 6, and does Tom want to give up a high 2nd rounder to move up?

I am not sold on Herbert at 6. So, assuming no trade back, I then approached it as do I take the best OT remaining (Thomas, Wirfs, etc) or an impact skill position of WR. I went WR, as not only does Lamb give us another offensive weapon, it offers some soft insurance if BigMikeW does not keep progressing as much as the coaching staff want.
                          I cant see the Giants passing on an OT. They need to protect their last two #1s.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X