Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

History is absolutely on your side.
    And i wouldnt complain about HRs in the first an second round.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Diluted sample. A few others had the same result.
      What is a diluted sample? Did they not find a banned substance?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

What is a diluted sample? Did they not find a banned substance?
        Probably means it had too much water in it. Sometimes guys cant do a test right then so they drink water to make it happen quicker. But sometimes it makes it to diluted to look for whatever they are looking for...which could result in something looking like it could be something but they need to test it further. After a few days in my experience it usually passes or they have to do a redo.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Probably means it had too much water in it. Sometimes guys cant do a test right then so they drink water to make it happen quicker. But sometimes it makes it to diluted to look for whatever they are looking for...which could result in something looking like it could be something but they need to test it further. After a few days in my experience it usually passes or they have to do a redo.
          This has actually happened to me on prejob testing when I used to travel, working refineries, and I never used drugs. I was able to test next day, though. I know a guy who's son had a hell of a time getting into the military, because he kept having to drink tons of water to overcome stage fright...so he had to go so bad he actually could while someone was watching.

Anyway, I'm not concerned about Bectons flag one bit.
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• screeme18
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2019
            • Send PM

So, About my draft.. before everyone makes fun of me, haha...

Basically, I don't get to watch College Football. I work Friday and Saturday nights, and so most college ball is played while I'm sleeping. (Half of NFL ball, tbh). I do follow the draft, but since most people only cover the first few rounds, the end result is somewhere around round 3, these guys just become names and positions. So, I did a fanspeak mock draft for 7 rounds to fill in a post here. It represents more a positional rundown of where I think we'd go and who was available in this scenario. If I happen to hit on ANY of these guys.. it was all luck, believe me.

1. Tua Tagavailoa QB Alabama - In my opinion, if I were the GM, I'd be targeting whichever OL the coaches say best fits what we do, with the caveat that, if Tua is there, we roll the dice. Andrew Thomas would be my pick if he wasn't there. But, Tua was there, so I took him. (I'd love to have Simmons, but A> I think OT is the best chance for immediate upgrade to the team. B> I just don't think you pass on the chance that Tua represents at QB)

2. JK Dobbins RB Ohio State - So, this was my worse case scenario in that all the WR's I like here (Reagor, Aiyuk) AND all the OT's are gone. So, again, the next best spot to upgrade the team is a RB who can compliment what we already have. I actually really like Moss in the 4th, who really fits that role.

3. Saahdiq Charles OT LSU - I finally get a Tackle. Technically, per Fan Speak, I reached quite a bit, but if we don't get a Tackle here, we are definitely rolling the dice on Pipkens at LT, and this at least gives him some competition.

4. Anfernee Jennings EDGE Alabama - I think we could use EDGE depth. I don't know who Jennings is, but I like the position here.

5. Rashard Lawrence DL LSU - I mean, if I didn't draft a D Lineman I wouldn't forgive myself. I don't know a thing about Lawrence. I actually think the DLine depth is pretty good, but he was the top player here on the board.

6. Calvin Throckmorton G Oregon - I do think we probably get a Guard. Feeney's future seems to be Center. Lamp hopefully is set to take his place at some point, so we need another prospect behind them. Plus, i really wanted to pick an Oregon guy!

7. Sage Lewis LB Florida International - No idea who this guy is. He was the top player left on the Fanspeak Big Board.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              It's interesting how Isaiah simmons is at the top of 2/3rds of the predictions.

He'll be there for the Chargers and Telesco is going to break your collective hearts
              .:ml:
              Very true. TT goes for CB CJ Henderson. And its a solid pick.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• SYB
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Very true. TT goes for CB CJ Henderson. And its a solid pick.
                I would not be surprised to see him go before Okudah.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

This has actually happened to me on prejob testing when I used to travel, working refineries, and I never used drugs. I was able to test next day, though. I know a guy who's son had a hell of a time getting into the military, because he kept having to drink tons of water to overcome stage fright...so he had to go so bad he actually could while someone was watching.

Anyway, I'm not concerned about Bectons flag one bit.
                  Exactly....good thing is on those jobs they give the guy(s) a few days off to resolve it and they get paid while they are resolving it.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Or he was trynna flush somethin out of his system?Had many a friend do that too.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                      Okay, I'm getting that vibe again. Tommy T will go with a WR in round 1. Not what I would do but I do believe Telesco is more sold on Taylor than he ought to be. And figures all he needs are top WR's and he'll blossom. Remember how I picked Mike Williams correctly? It's the same WR vibe. I'm sorry ahead of time. I don't think most of us will be happy with this.

EDIT: Remember, we may hate our 1st round pick BUT there are still six more picks left!
                      Now you understand why I predicted CeeDee Lamb.

:toyou:

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post
                        Okay, I'm getting that vibe again. Tommy T will go with a WR in round 1. Not what I would do but I do believe Telesco is more sold on Taylor than he ought to be. And figures all he needs are top WR's and he'll blossom. Remember how I picked Mike Williams correctly? It's the same WR vibe. I'm sorry ahead of time. I don't think most of us will be happy with this.

EDIT: Remember, we may hate our 1st round pick BUT there are still six more picks left!
                        Would not surprise and would not hate it. More weapons!

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

1/6 Andrew Thomas OT Georgia
                          2/37 Cesar Ruiz C Michigan
                          3/71 Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame
                          4/112 DaVon Hamilton DT Ohio St.
                          5/151 Hakeem Adenigi OT/G Kansas
                          6/186 Javaris Davis CB Auburn
                          7/220 Michael Warren RB Cincinati