• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

They look good in photos, but not a great idea for an outdoor team to wear nearly black uniforms in the hot sun of the southern US. No other southern team in college or pros wear dark jersey's unless they play in air conditioned domes......

There have been many home games over the years where Chargers were stupidly wearing the dark navy blues in the extreme heat of SD stadium and had leads in first half but team was so drained that in second half Chargers got rolled, and lost.... It made such a difference, that one year shanahan's broncos were told to wear their darks(at the time were navy blue), but shanahan deliberately only brought the whites so Chargers would be forced to wear darks and that was when Spamos didn't want the team wearing the powder blues..... so chargers were forced to wear the navys in a heat wave and were dominated after halftime.......

The air Coryell chargers used to wear white almost all the time...... cooler and easier for QB to quickly spot his teammates in peripheral vision...... cowboys and dolphins used to do that also even though their dark uniforms are not really dark anyway..... any advantage is an advantage......
    In a roofed stadium that only has open sides....i would think its going to be air cooled in some way for games. You cant have the oculus sitting in the direct sun and heat. They are fine. lol Its rare they will be wearing them anyways. My guess is maybe once a year.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Only one I care for. I'll be ordering my CeeDee Lamb jersey Thursday night.
      Bold look
      love these navy blues
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• JayShort21
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

So many awesome uniforms. Loving the powder blue with yellow pants, and the all whites. I think these will look even better on the field too! ⚡⚡⚡

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

In a roofed stadium that only has open sides....i would think its going to be air cooled in some way for games. You cant have the oculus sitting in the direct sun and heat. They are fine. lol Its rare they will be wearing them anyways. My guess is maybe once a year.
          You be smart

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• SBbound
            Casual fanatic
            • Feb 2019
            • Merced/San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            Moving the post release discussion here. The Dark Blues look killer.

EWKzInWU4AI9Cbf.jpeg
            Love the 1960 gold outlined navy bolt on the helmet. Class touch.

Comment

• SYB
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

We should do a picture in your new jersey thing once people get theirs. To put faces with names & such. Are we allowed to do that? Seems like on the CMB we couldn't. Never really understood why.
              IIRC, someone's pic got used as a joke avi or some shit and the guy who's picture it was got all butt hurt and threw a hissy fit, so the mods put a stop to it. We used to post pics all the time in OT back in the day before that.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

I'm just going to leave the poll up indefinitely for whoever wants to vote.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Only one I care for. I'll be ordering my CeeDee Lamb jersey Thursday night.
                  Is that who you want? I love the kid. I dont think we can put that much capital to the WT position though. Unless Keenan isnt in the plans. Which would be a shame. You want him to retire a Bolt.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Have to add, I do like the numbers on the side since they are uniform color. I didnt care for them being black and kinda thin for some reason on the throwbacks. They look more modern this way. Love all the uniforms. The yellow pants are a nice yellow, not too dark. Sunshine yellow is perfect.

Really like the helmet on the Navy's and the Bolts on the uni being outlined are cool. ESPN showed all the new uni's that came out, we kicked everyone's ass.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

I'm going to miss the uniform set the previous uniform set. I liked the Chargers wordmark being under the neck collar.

I hope the team wears all the jerseys for the home fans to see all of them. As for my favorite, the powder blue jersey with white pants.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

LOL....after I voted, I could see that the vote went pretty much how I would ran them...

Tell you what, though...I think it was TOL? who posted an alternate color rush...the navy with pants that match the helmet...white with dark navy bolt...that was friggin' sharp as an alternate...I would tie that with the other top options. The royal blue color rush with gold pants was better than the all royal blue as well.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X