• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Classic
    Hall Of Fame
    • Dec 2014
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    and lotta Chargers w/at least somewhat uncertain futures.... does team TommyJohn expect to hold onto the all of 'em ?? do they expect the all of 'em to pan out valuewise ??

Joey, Keenan, Mel, HH, Des, Trai, MW, Tillery ?? would def look into movin' the last guy there for OJ Howard....

and do we draft for need/QB ?? ….or go bpa ?? and who is that guy ??

Andrew Thomas/Wirfs ?? Simmons/Brown ?? and personally still wouldn't cross Lamb off the list there....

and is there anyone we are (still) eyeing in FA (or in a trade) ?? Jason Peters, Carlos Hyde/Fournette, Howard, or.... ??
    I like Lamb alot but he is more like Keenan Allen than a homerun threat. You can bet that if we go WR at #6 that K.A is probably gonna be shopped during the season. No need to do that imo. Just take speed threat in later rounds and have us round out our WR corp.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Desmond King for Howard - interesting thought

Bosa should be back
      Keenan - depends on the price
      King - I am okay trading him if they don't see him as a long term fit. Been saying that for a few weeks

Free Agents - I think Peters the day after comp pick day ends -- especially if they don't go OT this draft.
      not overly excited 'bout the possibility/prospect of trading King, as thought that was a notable departure in Chargers draft strategy/profiling of players, as thought he was more a Steelers kind of mentality/makeup kind of guy, and frankly was surprised that he became a Chargers, and....

given we are now led by AL, albeit will add that have no idea what the dissonance is/was between King and his HC, gonna give King the benefit of the doubt and suggest that he is perhaps somewhat emblematic of the culture that AL is building here ??

not exactly sure what that is, albeit again would suspect that King's play last year was more an anomaly than indicative of things to come, and that @worst he can give us some AP replacement mojo @dimebacker.... hopefully @the right price, and (is still) the right player for us ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

so Charge! ….you trading Joey or not ?? !!
        I love Bosa and dont want to trade him, but none of us know if Chargers ownership ever intends to play him market rate?..... bellycheat has traded away multiple pass rushers due to money and he chose to spend money on coverage people in secondary...... of course he knows how to design a pass rush without a great pass rusher.....

Detroit can still get the player they want at 5 or 6........ and most people were having MIA trade up for a second or less.....

Maybe we trade Bosa straight up to DET for the 3rd pick...... and then we take Tua as our franchise QB, then draft Simmons at 6?

There are lots of ways to get it done...... but no matter what I dont want Hebert on Chargers because it will take ownership at least 4-5 years to realize hebert is a bust...... so we can start searching for another QB...... Love has way more upside than hebert, but he is a real gamble...... even late in first round....... but teams like NE and NO are very likely to grab him and take a chance cause they dont draft high enough to get Burrow or Tua.....

DET has said publicly that they will not be making the trade while they are on the clock..... the trade will need to be agreed to before their pick....... or before the draft.....

If there is no season, the NFL won't keep the same draft order for next year.... they will end up doing some kind of weighted lottery system that will give everyone at least a slight chance at the top pick......

in many drafts there are all kinds of projected trades, and then when draft is executed, none of those trades happen....... most teams stay put......

With the high winds in CIN, hebert's strong arm is a better fit......

I was worried during bosa draft because of all the stupid rumors that Chargers would pass on him for ramsey or buckner.......
        I knew Bosa was best player in country for 2 straight years and after draft, TT admitted as much.....

Same thing is true of Tua.... best player in country for past 2-3 years...... only question is the injury...... I dont gamble on average players who are injured..... but I am willing to take the risk for generational players and Tua is a generational player......

EVERY draft has some great OL, DL, LBers, CBs..... but every draft does not have a Tua or Burrow.....

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

also wonderin' what our fellow division rivals might be up to ??

will Elway get his hands on Lamb ?? word has it that Mayock likes him as well ??

first Courtland Sutton and now Cedarian…. adds up to trouble for their AFC compatriots.

which speed guy does KC go after ?? does Ruggs drop, Patrick Queen @LB ?? JoTay (Jonathan Taylor) has the best wheels outta the RBs ??

guessin' Vegas will pull another head scratcher outta their collective kazoo.... they've done a good job stockpiling picks, and consensus is that they're going CB w/one of their first rounders ??
          At least only KC has a great QB........... I dont want to see them add Ruggs..... but they will try......

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I love Bosa and dont want to trade him, but none of us know if Chargers ownership ever intends to play him market rate?..... bellycheat has traded away multiple pass rushers due to money and he chose to spend money on coverage people in secondary...... of course he knows how to design a pass rush without a great pass rusher.....

Detroit can still get the player they want at 5 or 6........ and most people were having MIA trade up for a second or less.....

Maybe we trade Bosa straight up to DET for the 3rd pick...... and then we take Tua as our franchise QB, then draft Simmons at 6?

There are lots of ways to get it done...... but no matter what I dont want Hebert on Chargers because it will take ownership at least 4-5 years to realize hebert is a bust...... so we can start searching for another QB...... Love has way more upside than hebert, but he is a real gamble...... even late in first round....... but teams like NE and NO are very likely to grab him and take a chance cause they dont draft high enough to get Burrow or Tua.....

DET has said publicly that they will not be making the trade while they are on the clock..... the trade will need to be agreed to before their pick....... or before the draft.....

If there is no season, the NFL won't keep the same draft order for next year.... they will end up doing some kind of weighted lottery system that will give everyone at least a slight chance at the top pick......

in many drafts there are all kinds of projected trades, and then when draft is executed, none of those trades happen....... most teams stay put......

With the high winds in CIN, hebert's strong arm is a better fit......

I was worried during bosa draft because of all the stupid rumors that Chargers would pass on him for ramsey or buckner.......
            I knew Bosa was best player in country for 2 straight years and after draft, TT admitted as much.....

Same thing is true of Tua.... best player in country for past 2-3 years...... only question is the injury...... I dont gamble on average players who are injured..... but I am willing to take the risk for generational players and Tua is a generational player......

EVERY draft has some great OL, DL, LBers, CBs..... but every draft does not have a Tua or Burrow.....
            Or, trade Bosa for #3, then TRADE DOWN for a couple of high picks, and use one of those on a NICE SHINY NEW EDGE RUSHER who won't break the bank like Bosa...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Galu Tagovailoa
              makes
              Marv Marinovich
              look like
              Dad of the Year.

Do not draft !!

:coffee:

until pick #6.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

Are we just a few hours away from Justin Herbert being named our next franchise QB for the next 10 plus years?? OR are the Chargers taking Jordan Love or trading to #3 to get Tua??

Would anyone be happy if Simmons was there at pic 6 and the Chargers took him, then traded up to get Jordan Love??

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

just as a reminder that this time last year, and for all practical purposes.... this draft did not have a Jeaux Burrow !!

also recall that someone shared their notion that someone has had J. Sherbert on his board @No. 1 for not just this year, but last year as well, and.... said reporter said she thinks it could well/likely be Te!esco…. ??

edit: now that eye think of it.... hopefully it's Gruden (or even Elway ?)
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Or, trade Bosa for #3, then TRADE DOWN for a couple of high picks, and use one of those on a NICE SHINY NEW EDGE RUSHER who won't break the bank like Bosa...
                    If it aint Young they aint gonna be Bosa thats for sure.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think they can stay at 6 and Tua will be waiting for them unless the Fish take him at 3.
                      Phins were trying to get 3 and keep 5 for trading up for Burrow but Burrow according to Cinci, isn't for sale. So doubt the Phins trade up now. Last I heard they hadn't

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

I like Lamb alot but he is more like Keenan Allen than a homerun threat. You can bet that if we go WR at #6 that K.A is probably gonna be shopped during the season. No need to do that imo. Just take speed threat in later rounds and have us round out our WR corp.
                        gots no problem w/KA & Lamb on the field together, and.... hopefully the defender's backfield will have some problems w/that, as don't want to limit our choices @receiver to a TB replacement, someone whose best attribute is taking the top off the D.... we need a wideout that gets open and downfield.... Lamb would put added pressure on the opponent's D, and then some.

having to keep tabs on Keenan and Cedarian all over the field, and then watch for MW over the top.... recipe for defensive breakdowns.... (not to mention if we got Quez Watkins later on).

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

gots no problem w/KA & Lamb on the field together, and.... hopefully the defender's backfield will have some problems w/that, as don't want to limit our choices @receiver to a TB replacement, someone whose best attribute is taking the top off the D.... we need a wideout that gets open and downfield.... Lamb would put added pressure on the opponent's D, and then some.

having to keep tabs on Keenan and Cedarian all over the field, and then watch for MW over the top.... recipe for defensive breakdowns.... (not to mention if we got Quez Watkins later on).
                          Only if the o line can hold up unlike last season.

Comment

Working...
                          X