• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargerTrader View Post
    I cannot envision the return, but there are rumours of a deal between the Chargers and the Eagles swapping picks, depending on who is there at #6... I hope not...
    Down to 21? holy shit....only thing i can say about that is they better rape them. A 1st next year and a 2&3 & 5 this year maybe1 &2 next year. That should cost them plenty.

Comment

• rikardo
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I cannot envision the return, but there are rumours of a deal between the Chargers and the Eagles swapping picks, depending on who is there at #6... I hope not...
      In 2003 Eagles traded the 30th & 62th picks for the Charger's #15 pick (Troy Polamalu was on the board), hope it works better this time if we do it

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

The Eagles are at 21! I sure hope that rumor doesn't come true. I hope they stay put at 6 where they are sure to be able to pick a blue chip player. I wouldn't trade up or down if I was TT.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

LOL...where did you hear that? They don't even have a player on their roster that I would want, let alone the draft capitol. It would have to be their 1,2,3...and 1 next year.
          Id take Miles Sanders, Fletcher Cox, ...oh look, they have a guy named Jatavis Brown lol

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

Cowherd reporting the Fins want to trade for Detroit's # 3 without giving up their # 5 so that they can then package those two top five picks to move up to # 1 for Burrow. Gonna be a crazy fun afternoon....
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post

Last time we trade down with Eagles (Troy Polamalu was on the board), hope it works better this time if we do it
              You mean Steelers
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

I wish this started at 10 AM - it's like when the Bolts play at night, I hate the waiting.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Who do you take in this scenario teams trading up for QB and 3 gone in 1st 5 picks.

1.Burrow
                  2.Young
                  3.Tua
                  4.Simmons
                  5.Herbert
                  6.???
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    Trading up for a guy from #6 would be one of the few ways I could be disappointed...

But what about trading up into the first from #37? If our guy at #6 isn't a OT, I am seeing mocks where 7 tackles are going in the first round...and then you have the Skins at the top of the second!! Theoretically, there could be 8 gone by the time we pick at 37!

If it's QB at #6, I would certainly entertain the notion. One thing is for sure...I won't be tuning out after the Bolts pick...TT on record that he likes the depth of talent in the first round. Selecting twice in the first is not beyond the realm of possibility....:shrug:
                    Some people have Tua and Burrow gone in top 2-3 picks..... and of course hebert is an extremely flawed big QB with canon arm but zero touch or anticipation..... so they have Chargers passing on hebert, taking simmons, then trading back into middle to late first round to take Love...... my guess is that trading back into first round from our 2nd round pick is far more risky and will cost far more than just trading up from 6 to get the QB we really want and really need......

I do agree that anything could happen this year. This has been by far the most aggressive off season TT has ever had. His moves so far, have appeared to be getting the team ready for a rookie QB..... particularly a left handed QB...... Chargers actually made a legit offer for Brady, so the organization is trying really hard to make this team ready to compete..... as aggressive as the off season has been, I can see the team trading up for the QB they want, and I can also see them trading up in other sports in the draft to add other impact players like OT, WR, and an actual all round every down RB......

Chargers lost out on Brady, but I dont think they will allow themselves to lose out on the rookie QB they want.......

NFL network is saying detroit has been super busy with multiple teams trying to trade up trying to complete a deal before the draft starts.......

Comment

• rikardo
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

You mean Steelers
                      no
                      2003 – Traded 2003 1st (15) to Philadelphia for 2003 1st (30, Sammy Davis) and 2nd (62, Terrance Kiel).
                      Troy Polamalu was the 16th pick that year and as you can see we needed DBs

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                        Who do you take in this scenario teams trading up for QB and 3 gone in 1st 5 picks.

1.Burrow
                        2.Young
                        3.Tua
                        4.Simmons
                        5.Herbert
                        6.???
                        OT or trade down or trade down not too far and draft OT...or DT....or WR....lmao. Who know what TT will do. Just hope he is smart this draft .

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

1.Burrow
                          2.Young
                          3.Tua
                          4.Simmons
                          5.Herbert
                          6.???
                          The best OT in the entire draft would be all ours! We'd be set at OT for many years.
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X