• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Tua is significantly better than Jones, who should not be starting in the NFL. one of the very He is not as talented as Herbert but benefited from a much much much more talented offensive roster.

he's a $45M/yr guy - ish. thats what they cost if you don't want to run your own version of Daniel Jones out on the field.
    Agreed.

What my first point really was that is that Tua is a tricky guy to resign. He has certainly played well enough for his agent to ask for a good contract, the Dolphins will want to keep him because he plays very well in their system...yet he is still risky, and he doest have the athletic chops to play off script as well as some of the top paid QBs.

Comment

• Duck of Death
      Social Piranha
      • May 2022
      • Flyover, USA
      • Send PM

Is there a riskier proposition in pro sports than re-signing a “good enough” QB? Look no further than Dallas’ annual off season quandary due to Dak’s contract.

As much flak as he gets for his subpar win-loss record, there’s probably not a single fan (outside of KC or Buf) that wouldn’t immediately trade their current QB straight up for Justin Herbert. Charger fans may be a beat down bunch, but they are luckier than they realize.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        The Precious
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Duck of Death View Post
        Is there a riskier proposition in pro sports than re-signing a “good enough” QB? Look no further than Dallas’ annual off season quandary due to Dak’s contract.

As much flak as he gets for his subpar win-loss record, there’s probably not a single fan (outside of KC or Buf) that wouldn’t immediately trade their current QB straight up for Justin Herbert. Charger fans may be a beat down bunch, but they are luckier than they realize.
        IMO we wouldn’t even be talking to Harbaugh without Justin. Anybody know if he’s all healed up and throwing heat again?

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

If I'm Miami, there's no way I consider giving Tua any money.
          trade him to a dome team and go after Baker Mayfield maybe.
          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            I think TB is going to keep Baker. He fits well in their system

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              If they are smart they do not extend him this year and see what he does next season. I suspect they will extend him this offseason and I just don't seem him living up to his contract or holding up physically long term.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

Freaking crazy haterade....I saw clip of opening segment from the Accho Joy Taylor whatever it's called show...they should call it the Tua good/Herbert bad show.

Of course the lead story is Harbaugh to the Chargers. But I had not seen this take on the hire anywhere else. Around 10 minutes of "Herbert is our of excuses now" , "this could be a Denver situation where they will move on from the QB not the coach" and a bunch of other crap on the hypothetical of this not working out practically as if Herbert has already been losing or sucking with Harbaugh. Finally shady is like they won't get rid of herbert if they don't win right away and they argue and then finally shady brings them all back to there senses after the diarrhea ....."let's get real now....they are going to win" and all the haters were like yeah I guess your prolly right

What a fucking lame ass segment
                migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                  Freaking crazy haterade....I saw clip of opening segment from the Accho Joy Taylor whatever it's called show...they should call it the Tua good/Herbert bad show.

Of course the lead story is Harbaugh to the Chargers. But I had not seen this take on the hire anywhere else. Around 10 minutes of "Herbert is our of excuses now" , "this could be a Denver situation where they will move on from the QB not the coach" and a bunch of other crap on the hypothetical of this not working out practically as if Herbert has already been losing or sucking with Harbaugh. Finally shady is like they won't get rid of herbert if they don't win right away and they argue and then finally shady brings them all back to there senses after the diarrhea ....."let's get real now....they are going to win" and all the haters were like yeah I guess your prolly right

I watched that. Irritating

Everywhere else Harbaugh to Chargers is a massive story, but of course Acho turns it into yet another opportunity to dump on Herbert, his favorite thing.

Not once have they ever mentioned that the last 3 years Herbert has the worst defense in points allowed over 3 years in NFL history.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

A-choo is a dolphins fan. So there ya go.
                    He is just a big mouth.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

A-choo is a dolphins fan. So there ya go.
                      He is just a big mouth.
                      His notoriety all came from dumping on Herbert and he’s going to stick with it because it gets him attention.

Only way to shut him up is by winning.

You can blame the defense and injuries for all those one score game losses but you can’t deny Herbert also came up short and failed when many victories were there for the taking.

Here’s hoping Harbaugh and the new OC can unlock more confidence and better execution out of Herbert when it’s time to put up or shut up at the end of games.

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2022
                        • Send PM

I know for sure I was a bit hard on Herbert on some other posts. I just did not think he had good "touch" on the ball, ..for example QB's like Tua ...Mahomes...an excellent example is Jarod Goff...he can just loft that ball right in there at hard angles.

That said...with the hiring of Harbaugh..well...I am confident Jim can make Herbert work. He is the perfect QB for a system that does not require lots of passing, and be able to really throw it deep once in a while, with some scrambling thrown in. He was able to work with Kaepernick successfully.

It's a good fit. Jim will get the best out of him. IMO.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X