• Show
Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Redskins have to move Williams, and have to realize they aren't going to get a 3rd round pick. No one is going to give up a top pick for a guy who costs $12 mill in salary cap space. There are rumors the Redskins will eat some of his salary to move him, but that is the only way they would get a decent pick out of it.

Comment

• iginlafan77
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

I don't think we have an option anymore. Could have been Cleveland or Jones at 37. Now we get Tevi or Pipkins.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Redskins have to move Williams, and have to realize they aren't going to get a 3rd round pick. No one is going to give up a top pick for a guy who costs $12 mill in salary cap space. There are rumors the Redskins will eat some of his salary to move him, but that is the only way they would get a decent pick out of it.
        How about Perryman/King plus a future 2021 pick for Williams. Sending Perryman is like Washington sending salary but in essence if clears cap space to offset Williams, King has value and maybe a 2021 pick. I would prefer the Chargers keep their own 4th rounder. And again, sending out King as a player at a position of depth if you are not signing him long term to get a premium LT. If not King - they can pick between Tevi and Lamp actually.

I forget who said it - but the person said - even at 31 years old - Williams was the best "tackle prospect" in the draft.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

With Pip I have Great Expectations! See if any of you get the reference. :whistlin:
          Charles Dickens...one of my favorite authors...good one, Gzubie...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Maybe the Skins settle for a good old TT 4th rounder...

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

With Pip I have Great Expectations! See if any of you get the reference. :whistlin:
              Pipkins last year vs this upcoming year is like a tale of two cities. Thing aren't as bleak in the house as some think.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Pipkins last year vs this upcoming year is like a tale of two cities. Thing aren't as bleak in the house as some think.
                you know, one could view two Pips - Pip of Football Season last and Pip of Football season future

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

I say trade back in and grab the best OT. I'm sure that got a shit ton of undrafted rookies they are eyeballing.

Comment

• rikardo
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

How about Perryman/King plus a future 2021 pick for Williams. Sending Perryman is like Washington sending salary but in essence if clears cap space to offset Williams, King has value and maybe a 2021 pick. I would prefer the Chargers keep their own 4th rounder. And again, sending out King as a player at a position of depth if you are not signing him long term to get a premium LT. If not King - they can pick between Tevi and Lamp actually.

I forget who said it - but the person said - even at 31 years old - Williams was the best "tackle prospect" in the draft.
                    Are you saying you rather keep the 4th round pick instead of Perryman and King?

I love King even if its his last year with us.
                    And Perryman when healthy is a very good player.

2 proven veterans vs one 4th round player (normally 4th rounders are players with holes that need time to develop)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post

Are you saying you rather keep the 4th round pick instead of Perryman and King?

I love King even if its his last year with us.
                      And Perryman when healthy is a very good player.

2 proven veterans vs one 4th round player (normally 4th rounders are players with holes that need time to develop)
                      I was more doing it to offset salary as a way to work the salary cap.

Also, the Chargers have many free agents - a fourth rounder this year could be a valuable player next year. And again, if they do not have plans for King, and probably Perryman - that is how I view including them. Its a long shot I get it

But they traded a 3rd rounder yesterday - and I like the trade. But if they trade a 4th rounder too. And they lose King this offseason - you will be needing draft picks next year. Its more trying to think a bit longer term.

Comment

• rikardo
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I was more doing it to offset salary as a way to work the salary cap.

Also, the Chargers have many free agents - a fourth rounder this year could be a valuable player next year. And again, if they do not have plans for King, and probably Perryman - that is how I view including them. Its a long shot I get it

But they traded a 3rd rounder yesterday - and I like the trade. But if they trade a 4th rounder too. And they lose King this offseason - you will be needing draft picks next year. Its more trying to think a bit longer term.
                        I would prefer keeping King/Perryman/4th rounder use it to draft (WR or RB best value of this 2 positions)
                        Sign Peters (I dont like Williams because he sat 1 year, just give me anti team "me-me" vibe)
                        Also to me it's very very important we keep all of our next years pick even if it means today is a boring day.

I would trade our 4th rounder for a proven starter from another team (WR or RB); announce the trade today so we are not bored

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by rikardo View Post

I would prefer keeping King/Perryman/4th rounder use it to draft (WR or RB best value of this 2 positions)
                          Sign Peters (I dont like Williams because he sat 1 year, just give me anti team "me-me" vibe)
                          Also to me it's very very important we keep all of our next years pick even if it means today is a boring day.

I would trade our 4th rounder for a proven starter from another team (WR or RB); announce the trade today so we are not bored
                          I am totally fine if the team keeps the players, keeps the 4th and signs Peters. One year deal - allow Pip time to transition.

Comment

Working...
                          X