• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltup90
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Trade our Fifth for Trent WIlliams and sign him for somewhere in the 3 year ~40M range.

I think we sit still tonight. The high 4th round pick I've been mocking as a "political" pick. Thaddeus Moss. In the battle for LA, the moment we get Randy Moss cheering for his son, rooting for our team, we instantly get more coverage on all media outlets before games. It's not even a bad pick at that point. HH could be on his way out, especially if he cant stay healthy.

We finish draft week with a new QB, starting ILB, Starting pro-bowl caliber Vet LT, and a rookie legacy TE with marketing potential. Plus I think round 6-7 we can find a diamond RB and/or ST player.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Overnight Thoughts

Herbert was not my guy, but it is now ancient history. The arm and the legs are there. That is plenty to work with. Obviously Steichen spoke up. Herbert must learn to process at the NFL speed of things. Then we are off to the races.

Kenneth Murray. LAC must have had a very high grade here.

There will be excellent ballers available for NE @ #37/71. Where do we make up for this loss of picks ? Maybe we can trade a big contract in order to afford Peters or Trent, but who ? Maybe we can trade #112 for extra late picks. Or maybe UDFAs will augment RB/WR, in that there is insane depth in the 2020 draft at these positions.

Regarding Murray's game, he just flies to the football, and has athleticism to help in Zone coverage. Who will cover the now staggering capabilities at WR from our AFCW opponents ? I want more juice up front and another DB. Maybe today w/trade(s)...or prolly tomorrow.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltup90 View Post
        Trade our Fifth for Trent WIlliams and sign him for somewhere in the 3 year ~40M range.

I think we sit still tonight. The high 4th round pick I've been mocking as a "political" pick. Thaddeus Moss. In the battle for LA, the moment we get Randy Moss cheering for his son, rooting for our team, we instantly get more coverage on all media outlets before games. It's not even a bad pick at that point. HH could be on his way out, especially if he cant stay healthy.

We finish draft week with a new QB, starting ILB, Starting pro-bowl caliber Vet LT, and a rookie legacy TE with marketing potential. Plus I think round 6-7 we can find a diamond RB and/or ST player.
        I would add conditional 2021 pick as the Chargers should be getting a 3rd for Rivers so if need be, our 4th and if the team makes the playoffs, send the 3rd rounder in 2021. Also, Tevi or Lamp - just because

As for the 4th rounder - I want a WR like Deebo Samuels over Moss.

Comment

• therber219
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2017
          • Iowa
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          Question: how did these kids get team hats? Did the league send out 32 caps to every kid who might go in the 1st? Just wondering.
          Also, I think they should use this home format from now on. It's fun seeing the coaches and GM's at home with their kids, and it's got to be special for the kids getting drafted to be home with their loved ones. I just really enjoyed the different perspective.
          Yes, I was watching NFL Network yeaterday and they literally said they mailed each of the 58 virtual participants hats from each team so they would be prepared for whatever happened

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Overnight Thoughts

Herbert was not my guy, but it is now ancient history. The arm and the legs are there. That is plenty to work with. Obviously Steichen spoke up. Herbert must learn to process at the NFL speed of things. Then we are off to the races.

There will be excellent ballers available for NE @ #37/71. Where do we make up for this loss of picks ? Maybe we can trade a big contract in order to afford Peters or Trent, but who ? Maybe we can trade #112 for extra late picks. Or maybe UDFAs will augment RB/WR, in that there is insane depth in the 2020 draft at these positions.

Regarding Murray's game, he just flies to the football, and has athleticism to help in Zone coverage. Who will cover the now staggering capabilities at WR from our AFCW opponents ? I want more juice up front and another DB. Maybe today w/trade(s)...or prolly tomorrow.
            Wu - I just know you have to have a QB. And yes, I thought Herbert was too high - but than again, not enamored with Fromm or Eason; Hurts was interesting, Love - interesting too; so of those three - I would have picked Herbert first. Even if not a "value pick" - meaning Hurts at 71 was probably better value. If you don't have QB - you don't have a team in the NFL. So I get the pick of Herbert

Now, Murrary - loved the pick and he filled a need. Best of both worlds

Figure out LT: Peters or Williams (fine with Peters

Find a WR and RB on Day 3. REally would prefer WR in Round 4

Hit the UDFA trail hard; reconnect with veteran free agents (Damion Square or the like for depth come training camp) and lets ball Bolts!!!

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by therber219 View Post

Yes, I was watching NFL Network yeaterday and they literally said they mailed each of the 58 virtual participants hats from each team so they would be prepared for whatever happened
              No other way, right? Pretty cool though.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Gil Brandt had Herbert 4 and Murray 20 . Had Queen higher. The combo of Love and Simmons per Gil is 3 and 21. So very close. With that - I will take a top 5 QB

Daniel Jeremiah -
                Simmons 3 and Love at 23 whereas Murray at 18 and Herbert at 20.

So take it FWIW

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Trying to be positive. If Herbert's Rothlisberger, and Murray's Singletary, then it's the best draft ever

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by madcaplaughs View Post
                    Trying to be positive. If Herbert's Rothlisberger, and Murray's Singletary, then it's the best draft ever
                    Fact!

I will take Josh Allen and Bobby Wagner or Sean Lee level for Murray actually. Just a good solid productive player for 8-10 years

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Trent Williams scares the hell out of me. Don't like that option at all, unless we give up almost nothing for him. Boy, what a mess. Wouldn't play for a team because they failed to correctly diagnose an ultra rare cancer, when the doctors are sports medicine guys. Wants a new contract when he didn't play the last couple of years.....

Comment

• charger1993
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

If we get a ot ill be happy with the draft. Even tho we didn't take the value i saw at 6

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Overnight Thoughts

People keep making this simple mistake...we didn't give up multiple picks...we only gave up one pick, and swapped our 2nd for a 1st...so essentially, landing a top 15 player with our second pick of the draft cost us one additional pick...the 71st. So a developmental CB with great speed from Acorn State won't be joining the Chargers this year...I'll get over it!!:nod:

I'm looking for WR, RB, TE...and maybe another developmental OT to keep Pipkens working hard.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X