Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Joshua Kelley RB - #27 Watch the Chargers' new RB lay the wood to OU #6. As OU's Kenneth Murray looks on.

1:16:00
    Wood? That was a baseball bat taped with pennies...........

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Looking back at Justin Jackson's stats, he had a very good average per carry last season. However, it was as a situational RB behind Gordon. Kelly should give him a good run for his money during preseason as to who will carry the load this season. I'm not a fan of running back by committee. Jackson simply didn't have enough opportunities last season to determine his talent. I want to see one or the other as the main RB.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        Looking back at Justin Jackson's stats, he had a very good average per carry last season. However, it was as a situational RB behind Gordon. Kelly should give him a good run for his money during preseason as to who will carry the load this season. I'm not a fan of running back by committee. Jackson simply didn't have enough opportunities last season to determine his talent. I want to see one or the other as the main RB.
        Kelly has got to be the closest thing to a workhorse back as Jackson just shouldn't come close to carrying any load, given his durability concerns, and it has been largely evidenced that Austin is much more effective as well if he is not the lead back.... pretty sure Kelly will be asked to do the heavy lifting @RB.
        RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Watching Joshua Kelley vs. USC. His style reminds me that of Priest Holmes, then when he readies for contact, his style becomes more upright and violent, like Frank Gore.

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Kelly has got to be the closest thing to a workhorse back as Jackson just shouldn't come close to carrying any load, given his durability concerns, and it has been largely evidenced that Austin is much more effective as well if he is not the lead back.... pretty sure Kelly will be asked to do the heavy lifting @RB.
            Maybe Joe Reed is the answer I'm searching for but I would sleep better if we had two power backs on the roster. If Kelly gets hurt then we're back to mostly a short passing game it seems. Unless Reed can back him up effectively as a RB workhorse. I don't know.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Maybe Joe Reed is the answer I'm searching for but I would sleep better if we had two power backs on the roster. If Kelly gets hurt then we're back to mostly a short passing game it seems. Unless Reed can back him up effectively as a RB workhorse. I don't know.
              have you taken a look @the two UDFAs @FB/RB ?? ….Bobby Holly/Gabe Nabers ??
              RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Send PM

I will now! Thanks

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Hadl2Alworth View Post

Darius Bradwell is a big back.
                  Roster is a long way from set though.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Nabers seems much more of a pass catcher than running back. Not sure he would be a decent workhorse replacement at RB if Kelly got hurt. I hope he can! Holly is a different story. I like Holly's size. Don't know anything about him than that.

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Are we all in agreement that there shouldn't be a running back by committee? Let one or the other prevail by the end of preseason. Running back by committee term always scares me. It's as if an absolute genius at OC can do it. Otherwise, it's frustrating to watch.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Are we all in agreement that there shouldn't be a running back by committee? Let one or the other prevail by the end of preseason. Running back by committee term always scares me. It's as if an absolute genius at OC can do it. Otherwise, it's frustrating to watch.
                        Both Super Bowl teams rotated their backs.
                        And with Ekeler being our best back, any new guy coming in will most likely be getting touches on 1st and 2nd down.
                        Fresh legs and change of pace seems to work.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Nope.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X