Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Time to blaze with this bolts
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• rikardo
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
      How many teams have an extra veteran G or C just laying around?
      Teams that are in rebuilding mode and can call it a season thru 4 games (Jets, Jax, Wash come to mind)

Comment

• shogun
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
        Samson Satele has been filling in for Pouncey for the Dolphins. They also have a couple of other OG coming back from short term injuries, so he might be available. http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nf...le2536948.html
        I've been reading a few miami boards re: this version of Pouncey, sounds like he's hated by the Miami fans and they'd rather let him walk. Apparently he had a small "free Aaron Hernandez" campaign and was on the bad side of the whole Incognito/Martin situation. I also read he's asking for more money as well, but I think it may be the last year of his contract. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

I haven't seen him play, but if he resembles anything like his twin, then we should pull the trigger. He'd be young and in his prime. The question is, for how much. If the Dolphins want to just get rid of him, a 5th could do it. He may end up being expensive though on our cap though

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

One bad apple...
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by shogun View Post
            I've been reading a few miami boards re: this version of Pouncey, sounds like he's hated by the Miami fans and they'd rather let him walk. Apparently he had a small "free Aaron Hernandez" campaign and was on the bad side of the whole Incognito/Martin situation. I also read he's asking for more money as well, but I think it may be the last year of his contract. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

I haven't seen him play, but if he resembles anything like his twin, then we should pull the trigger. He'd be young and in his prime. The question is, for how much. If the Dolphins want to just get rid of him, a 5th could do it. He may end up being expensive though on our cap though
            No disrespect intended, but if Pouncey is campaigning - if only in a small way - for scum like Hernandez, and was also in cahoots with a guy like Incognito...well...he wouldn't be anywhere near my list of candidates in free agency and/or a trade.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Can we have him dress in the visitors locker?
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• shogun
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                No disrespect intended, but if Pouncey is campaigning - if only in a small way - for scum like Hernandez, and was also in cahoots with a guy like Incognito...well...he wouldn't be anywhere near my list of candidates in free agency and/or a trade.

He does sound like trouble, his identical twin is the opposite (?!) . The same Miami board says the inmates run the asylum
                Last edited by shogun; 10-08-2014, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

He is not as good as his twin. He is a solid C, and probably a better OG (he played OG mostly in college because of his brother). I have always gotten the sense both Pouncey brothers are a little bit prima donna's, although not as bad as a lot of NFL guys.

I would rather have Satele. He is a try hard player who is smart, and really work well. He get beat occasionally, but that this point the guy is as good as we are going to get. I don't think Pouncey is going to be a guy who fits into our locker room, but I think Satele would be fine. And it is not like the guy is awful, just not as good as most teams want. We already have our C of the moment (hardwick, if he can come back), and our C of the future (Watt), so the guy would know he is a stop gap, and he has never made waves when he has been a stop gap (several times in his career).

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

I'd say it would have to be a very good Center to consider a draft pick. Also I imagine it comes down to where do they envision Watt ending up....Guard or Center? Kid seems to have the smarts to be a Center. If that's the case then i'd stick with what we have and go the FA route like TT did. Orneryburger will be back sooner than later and I think he's the designated starter for Center from what we've seen.

I hope we've weathered the storm....just need Orn back and we have some depth again.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                      I'd say it would have to be a very good Center to consider a draft pick. Also I imagine it comes down to where do they envision Watt ending up....Guard or Center? Kid seems to have the smarts to be a Center. If that's the case then i'd stick with what we have and go the FA route like TT did. Orneryburger will be back sooner than later and I think he's the designated starter for Center from what we've seen.

I hope we've weathered the storm....just need Orn back and we have some depth again.
                      Coach D apparently thinks OG and C are interchangeable, so not sure it means much where Watt plays. I do think he has the advantage of having a year of experience, but we just need to get good players regardless of position. They can seemingly coach up anyone to at least play adequately for our needs. We definitely need a larger infusion of talent though. Wouldn't be surprised if we draft 2 interior lineman next year (not 1st round though) and use more of our FA dollars on other positions that take more time to develop.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        Coach D apparently thinks OG and C are interchangeable, so not sure it means much where Watt plays. I do think he has the advantage of having a year of experience, but we just need to get good players regardless of position. They can seemingly coach up anyone to at least play adequately for our needs. We definitely need a larger infusion of talent though. Wouldn't be surprised if we draft 2 interior lineman next year (not 1st round though) and use more of our FA dollars on other positions that take more time to develop.
                        That was always the problem under the Norv regime- they never seemed to be able to push players past their expectations. This group is the exact opposite.
                        Totally agree that we draft 2 OL, probably rounds 3/4.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Pick 32 is a great place to get an og or oc.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X