David Boston would be a nice pick up

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
      Pick 32 is a great place to get an og or oc.
      Won't say never, but history is not on the side of that happening. There was an interview with Polian I think a year ago that pretty much summed up what TT has done in his drafts. Also went back and looked at all the drafts that TT was affiliated with 10+ years and I don't think they picked an OG/C higher than the 2nd round. It was usually in the 3rd round when they took interior lineman.

1st/2nd rounders were generally limited to the "impact" playmakers. Even TT himself said in an interview that he downgrades interior lineman (when he was talking about Fluker) vs. OT's. Not to say we don't have a clear need, but odds are low.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I'm not saying it will happen, just that a lot of really good interior linemen get taken at the end of the 1st. And picking at 32, I'd definitely consider any of the up the middle positions that are generally downgraded.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
          Won't say never, but history is not on the side of that happening. There was an interview with Polian I think a year ago that pretty much summed up what TT has done in his drafts. Also went back and looked at all the drafts that TT was affiliated with 10+ years and I don't think they picked an OG/C higher than the 2nd round. It was usually in the 3rd round when they took interior lineman.

1st/2nd rounders were generally limited to the "impact" playmakers. Even TT himself said in an interview that he downgrades interior lineman (when he was talking about Fluker) vs. OT's. Not to say we don't have a clear need, but odds are low.
          That is the draft strategy I love. Impact playmakers in top two rounds. Fill needs thereafter. I would like more pass rushers to bring along. It could be DE or OLB, but so far I really like TTs ability both in the draft and scouring the league to fill holes. I would really like the NFLPA and winners to get together and increase the roster to 55 players, with 50 dressed for game day.
          Last edited by Panamamike; 10-12-2014, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
            That is the draft strategy I love. Impact playmakers in top two rounds. Fill needs thereafter. I would like more pass rushers to bring along. It could be DE or OLB, but so far I really like TTs ability both in the draft and scouring the league to fill holes. I would really like the NFLPA and winners to get together and increase the roster to 55 players, with 50 dressed for game day.
            I am the opposite. I would like to see the rosters reduced to something like 15. Players play 60 minutes. Fewer juiced-up Adonises and more guys with natural talent and endurance (Okay, they probably will still be roided-up but not for muscle and speed, but juiced up like marathon runners). Fewer injuries because players won't be as big or as fast. Fewer dumbass celebrations because players will need to conserve energy.

With fewer salaries to pay, owners can and must reduce prices for tickets, parking, beer, and food.

I also call for the removal of coaches from the stadium. Quarterbacks and safeties call the plays.

While we're at it, announcer booths can have only one guy and one microphone. No sideline reporters. And whoever gets paid to talk into the microphone must have a degree (a real degree - not the fake ones given to athletes who never show up for class) in communications, journalism, broadcasting, or a related field of study.

And legalize weed.
            Last edited by thelightningwill; 10-12-2014, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
              I am the opposite. I would like to see the rosters reduced to something like 15. Players play 60 minutes. Fewer juiced-up Adonises and more guys with natural talent and endurance (Okay, they probably will still be roided-up but not for muscle and speed, but juiced up like marathon runners). Fewer injuries because players won't be as big or as fast. Fewer dumbass celebrations because players will need to conserve energy.

With fewer salaries to pay, owners can and must reduce prices for tickets, parking, beer, and food.

I also call for the removal of coaches from the stadium. Quarterbacks and safeties call the plays.

While we're at it, announcer booths can have only one guy and one microphone. No sideline reporters. And whoever gets paid to talk into the microphone must have a degree (a real degree - not the fake ones given to athletes who never show up for class) in communications, journalism, broadcasting, or a related field of study.

And legalize weed.
              That would kill teams ability to field talented teams and you'd have to hit on EVERY draft pick or be screwed since the draft pool would shrink dramatically as the game contracted at all levels with so few jobs available. It would probably kill the game faster than Goodell and all the social engineering do-gooders current path.

And what is your fixation with weed anyways where you have to mention it in nearly every post? I started smoking when I was 11 in 1969, but grew up and didn't see any positive benefits in my life with it by my mid 20s. Some people seem to get medicinal benefits from the THC, but in the larger realm of life you don't see many CEOs or other successful people bragging about being stoners for life.
              Last edited by SDFan; 10-12-2014, 07:27 AM.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

And legalize weed.
                Time to watch this HS games on the Rez
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• homeless simpson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post

John butler/AJ Smith/Telesco all came from the Polian tree.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                    That would kill teams ability to field talented teams and you'd have to hit on EVERY draft pick or be screwed since the draft pool would shrink dramatically as the game contracted at all levels with so few jobs available. It would probably kill the game faster than Goodell and all the social engineering do-gooders current path.

And what is your fixation with weed anyways where you have to mention it in nearly every post? I started smoking when I was 11 in 1969, but grew up and didn't see any positive benefits in my life with it by my mid 20s. Some people seem to get medicinal benefits from the THC, but in the larger realm of life you don't see many CEOs or other successful people bragging about being stoners for life.
                    Not bragging about smoking herb. Just think I should be able to smoke it legally. It's my politics. If it bothers you, I'll stop bringing it up.

I know few people would agree with my desire for reduced rosters. And I know it would probably hurt the NFL's profits. But, whatever. I'm not into football because I care about rich people's profits or what other fans want. It wasn't an argument; just stating what I like. If you like something else, I don't have a problem with it.

To keep this on topic, I'm not sure who we should trade for.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      Time to watch this HS games on the Rez
                      Thanks.

Comment

• Sec-E4
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2014
                        • Arizona
                        • Send PM

Being an ex-stoner myself, Talking about it was part of the fun

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Not bragging about smoking herb. Just think I should be able to smoke it legally. It's my politics. If it bothers you, I'll stop bringing it up.

I know few people would agree with my desire for reduced rosters. And I know it would probably hurt the NFL's profits. But, whatever. I'm not into football because I care about rich people's profits or what other fans want. It wasn't an argument; just stating what I like. If you like something else, I don't have a problem with it.

To keep this on topic, I'm not sure who we should trade for.
                          Fans want a shittier product?

Comment

Working...
                          X