• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
    This is a new team, new season, and every team in the AFC West got better this off season and they swept the Chargers last year with a future HOF QB.

Taylor is not a great QB, and is not a good or great NFL starter. He is an ideal backup or bridge QB, period. He scores 1 TD per game in games he has started. Taylor rarely turns over the ball but also rarely scores points. The rules today benefit accurate passers greatly and benefit offense and scoring in general.

I think as fans we have over-rated our WR's, not realizing that Rivers quick precise passing made these receivers look much better than they are. Would Williams and KA start over any of the Chiefs starters? How about Denver's new starters? ...maybe equal to raiders..... our 3 rookie WR.s need to produce..... so does Kelley.....

It is almost impossible to play defense today. The best defense in NFL last season still gave up over 30 points to the Chiefs, (21 of them came very quickly once Reid figured out what 49ers were doing) and those points were not a fluke...... and the 49ers also had a top 3 offense that could only score 20 against the Chiefs supposedly weak defense.....

I agree with all Chargers fans who hate the raiders, but hating them did not stop the raiders from dominating us in 2 games last year(with Carr who is not a great QB) and that "bad" raider team will likely be better this year.....

Donkeys beat us twice last year and they added multiple super fast weapons to their offense for this season..... and their defense is no slouch....

Looking at the season, barring injuries that could change things for any team, I see 6 very likely losses, 3 likely wins, 7 games that could go either way(so having a winning season or losing season is very possible), and unless Hebert starts from day one and exceeds expectations I cannot see Chargers doing better than splitting with Raiders and Donkeys(splitting with them would be a big improvement over last year)...... Which means at least 8 losses, but even more losses if Taylor plays more games.....
    Bottom line is the Chargers should be improved at every position group except QB.....Whether Chargers win or lose will be determined by QB play and how quickly Hebert learns to play the NFL game..... Hebert has upside, taylor is very limited and has no upside....

BLUE = Likely Chargers win......
    RED = Likely Chargers loss.....
    BLACK = flip a coin...... Chargers could win or lose depending on how soon Hebert starts and starts to play well...... if Taylor plays those games we will likely lose most of them.......

2020 Schedule:
    1. BENGALS - they are just not good unless Burrow lights it up as a rookie, in home opener, against a defense that has zero pro film on him.....maybe Chargers will be flat because they are overlooking "bad" bengal team.......
    2. CHIEFS - is Taylor going to outscore Chiefs...... not even in his dreams..... and Chargers are not shutting Reid out..... even if we knock mahomes out of the game.....
    3. PANTHERS - they might be cellar dwellers but may still be a hard out.....
    4. BUCCANEERS - Chargers dont beat Brady and Brady has most talent on offense he has ever had....
    5. SAINTS - They have dominated series and its in NO where they score 30+
    6. JETS - they are just not good
    7. DOLPHINS - Have our number in MIA but both Chargers and MIA will have struggles this year....wirth new rookie QB's...etc
    8. JAGUARS - they are just not good
    9. RAIDERS - should be improved
    10. Bye - Hebert is named starting QB for rest of season if he was not already starting ....
    11. BRONCOS - should be improved
    12. BILLS - good team that rarely loses in buff
    13. PATRIOTS- Bellycheat is still brilliant and he knows how to beat Taylor or rookie QB's......Pats offense may struggle but their defense will make chargers struggle & turn over ball more often.....im hoping patriots suck, but bellycheat has won multiple times without Brady.....
    14. FALCONS - they have alot of talent and could be great or could suck like last year
    15. RAIDERS - should be improved
    16. BRONCOS - should be improved
    17. CHIEFS - at this point, if the game is meaningless as it might be, we might have a chance against the chiefs backups, and Hebert should have already been playing since at least the bye week.
    I think a fair review . Until I see more of Tyrod and the OL - I know in some ways the team is better but I have to see it to believe it. And if Tyrod does what I think he can do : manage the offense, use his legs to make plays - that will be a key

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by labound View Post

Man, have you ever seen a bowl of Post Toasties that you didn't take a piss in?
      I like football as much as the next fan. I'm just trying to be real. The NBA shut down its season and MLB isn't playing games. Football players smash into each other and pile on top of each other. The virus isn't going to just go away. Infections may slow in summer but in fall there's going to be a 2nd wave. I think it's a pipe dream to believe the NFL is going to be able to keep playing as we get into November.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Please don't make this topic into a Covid discussion. Lets assume that the season will go forward as scheduled for the purpose of this thread.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

ESPN has us going 10-6 I would gladly take that.
          Last edited by SuperCharged; 05-08-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
            ESPN has going 10-6 I would gladly take that.
            sign me up for that. would gladly take 10-6. That would be a solid playoff team.

On twitter, Warren Sharp - analytics guy - ranked the teams - I want to say by how they would be favored each week if I recall. IN lieu of strength of schedule as that can change so much year to year. It was interesting way to look at it.

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

I have us going 11-5. I guess I'm being optimistic but Tyrod is going to surprise many this season. All the off-season moves have shored up allot of weaknesses on offense that only helps Tyrod. If we can get this defense to play even close to it's potential which in my opinion is the very best in the league we'll have a legitimate playoff contender.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

2020 is a different season. IMO, the Chargers are more improved than LV.
                We shall see. We needed to improve a lot more than our rivals after going 0-6 in the division.
                We are improved but no games in our division are a can't lose imv

Comment

• Kingcrimson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

You all are forgetting why we went 5-11 and 0-6 in the div last year right? No, it’s not cuz we suck.

-Derwin was out for the majority of the year
                  -We went into the season with Trent Scott and Trey Pipkins as our starting tackles
                  -Melvin Gordon held out
                  -CB2 was an issue. Trevor Williams injures, Michael Davis injured. Facyson was picked on.
                  -Safety was an issue. Adderley redshirt, Jenkins injured, Phillips injured, Teamer was picked on.
                  -Hunter Henry out for few games.
                  -Rivers turned the ball over too many times. Too many games ended with the last play Rivers throwing an interception.

All those and a majority of them still came down to one score.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    4-4...the league plays 8 weeks before the 2nd wave of coronavirus shuts down the season.
                    And sadly no one will learn that big picture, long term, a suppression extreme shutdown does no more to stop a virus than your toes can do trying to stop the tide. Surge #3 next June.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
                      You all are forgetting why we went 5-11 and 0-6 in the div last year right? No, it’s not cuz we suck.

-Derwin was out for the majority of the year
                      -We went into the season with Trent Scott and Trey Pipkins as our starting tackles
                      -Melvin Gordon held out
                      -CB2 was an issue. Trevor Williams injures, Michael Davis injured. Facyson was picked on.
                      -Safety was an issue. Adderley redshirt, Jenkins injured, Phillips injured, Teamer was picked on.
                      -Hunter Henry out for few games.
                      -Rivers turned the ball over too many times. Too many games ended with the last play Rivers throwing an interception.

All those and a majority of them still came down to one score.
                      I get that but dont act like the other teams in our division didnt get better. All three have burner WRs now and Denver and LV each drafted 3 WRs which was a weak spot for them.
                      Rivers is still a big upgrade to Tyrod and i dont care what argument you have for that. HOF'er vs a mediocre QB is a big downgrade and we will see that soon enough.
                      We will have injuries it just depends where they occur.

The Raiders are going to be much improved this year. They also lost two DBs early last year that are going to be good players in Isaiah Johnson and Jonathon Abrams. They didnt draft as well as us IMO but they signed some players to fill holes and again, they beat us TWICE.
                      And naming Melvin Gordon as a reason why we faltered is funny considering he is now a Bronco who also lost Chubb early for the season last year.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I get that but dont act like the other teams in our division didnt get better. All three have burner WRs now and Denver and LV each drafted 3 WRs which was a weak spot for them.
                        Rivers is still a big upgrade to Tyrod and i dont care what argument you have for that. HOF'er vs a mediocre QB is a big downgrade and we will see that soon enough.
                        We will have injuries it just depends where they occur.

The Raiders are going to be much improved this year. They also lost two DBs early last year that are going to be good players in Isaiah Johnson and Jonathon Abrams. They didnt draft as well as us IMO but they signed some players to fill holes and again, they beat us TWICE.
                        And naming Melvin Gordon as a reason why we faltered is funny considering he is now a Bronco who also lost Chubb early for the season last year.
                        Not when he was panic throwing due to low mobility! He's a pocket passer who doesn't scramble very well anymore. Offensive line has been horrible but at the same time we can't afford to spend $25 mil on a qb who can't move around anymore.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

I have us 7-2 at the bye, with losses to the Bucs and Saints, although both those games are played close. For the season I have us at 12-4, with losses to the Bills and the Raiders. It's going to be ball-control football, can't wait for the season, whether or not the stadiums are empty of fans. Still think Tyrod is going to surprise some people, and in a good way. Bolt up, bitches!

Comment

Working...
                          X