• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by James Dollins View Post
    Glad to see knowledgeable fans talking. How do fans get feedback to the team such as, can our pass rush please not soften on 3rd downs? We're an opposing quarterback's dream right now! Why do we change our defense when it's working??
    Welcome man. Bolt UP!!!

Comment

• Xthren
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2021
      • Send PM

Hello, all my chargers family,

I am new here but have been a chargers fan all my life. I was born in San Diego many many years ago. Popped my football cherry watching the air Coryell era. I have always been a fan even when they are not so good.

My first son was born the day before the Chargers played in their first super bowl.

I look forward to sharing my opinions and reading yours.

I live in Utah now but might be moving back to Cali soon.

I still have a hard time saying Los Angels Chargers

I am a widower with 2 children still alive. (lost my oldest to cancer) Yes, I lost my son and my wife both within a 3-year span.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xthren View Post

I am new here but have been a chargers fan all my life. I was born in San Diego many many years ago. Popped my football cherry watching the air Coryell era. I have always been a fan even when they are not so good.

My first son was born the day before the Chargers played in their first super bowl.

I am a widower with 2 children still alive. (lost my oldest to cancer) Yes, I lost my son and my wife both within a 3-year span.
        First of all my heart goes out to you. I think this is a really good place for ladies and gentlemen like yourself who have gone through these types of challenges. We have had some members fight the good fight in all aspects of life. And it always blows my mind how supportive this community is. I hated the move to LA. But i could never leave the Charger fan base. Leave here. Just too many willing to get your back and help you walk through all the challenges in life we encounter.

I simply cannot fathom what you have gone through. I just cant. But know you are instantly loved here. I am so deeply honored you would share this with us. And your courage and strength is so respected. Aloha to you.

Finally welcome to TPB. Thanks for showing me what courage looks like. I needed it.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xthren View Post

Welcome to TPB, Xthren.
          Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.
          Ben Herbert

Comment

• JDaySoCal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2021
            • Send PM

Hello TPB!

I figured the time for lurking was over, so, here I am.

The Chargers have been my one and only. Despite what has been beaten to death regarding the move, the decision making from every corner of this organization, and just about every one of my friends abandoning this team... I just can't shake the attachment I have after 30 years fandom. Follow another team? Absurd. Stop watching football all together? I found that pretty hard to accomplish, haha!

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JDaySoCal View Post
              Hello TPB!

I figured the time for lurking was over, so, here I am.

The Chargers have been my one and only. Despite what has been beaten to death regarding the move, the decision making from every corner of this organization, and just about every one of my friends abandoning this team... I just can't shake the attachment I have after 30 years fandom. Follow another team? Absurd. Stop watching football all together? I found that pretty hard to accomplish, haha!
              Welcome JDSC. Great to have you. Jump on in.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Been a Charger fan since Bolts drafted Fouts in 73. Moved to Houston just in time to see Oilers ripped away by Bud Adams to Tennessee. No NFL football team for a few years until the Texans. Been a true Texan fan up until a couple years ago with disastrous trade after disastrous trade, bad coaching, bad GM then last straw not taking care of the franchise, DW.

Hard to see Chargers here, but tried every chance to get a peek of former Oregon QB JH. So impressed, blown away really. Seems to have the toughness and leadership of Fouts with a plus arm/accuracy. Then the coaching change. Brandon Staley was a great hire. This organization is hitting on all cylinders, Texans are missing on all cylinders, just can’t stand it anymore, hope I can find my passion for football return here and now with everyone’s insight and knowledge on the powderblues message board.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                  Been a Charger fan since Bolts drafted Fouts in 73. Moved to Houston just in time to see Oilers ripped away by Bud Adams to Tennessee. No NFL football team for a few years until the Texans. Been a true Texan fan up until a couple years ago with disastrous trade after disastrous trade, bad coaching, bad GM then last straw not taking care of the franchise, DW.

Hard to see Chargers here, but tried every chance to get a peek of former Oregon QB JH. So impressed, blown away really. Seems to have the toughness and leadership of Fouts with a plus arm/accuracy. Then the coaching change. Brandon Staley was a great hire. This organization is hitting on all cylinders, Texans are missing on all cylinders, just can’t stand it anymore, hope I can find my passion for football return here and now with everyone’s insight and knowledge on the powderblues message board.
                  Good to have you aboard bud. Welcome to the Blues.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

Charger fan since the day the beat the Steelers in the 1982 playoff game.
                    One of the few from the Midwest. There were many bad years between Fouts and Rivers. So happy they had the vision to say goodbye to Philip and draft Justin.
                    With a few exceptions it has taken a Hall Of Fame defense to win a Super Bowl without a great quarterback.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                      Charger fan since the day the beat the Steelers in the 1982 playoff game.
                      One of the few from the Midwest. There were many bad years between Fouts and Rivers. So happy they had the vision to say goodbye to Philip and draft Justin.
                      With a few exceptions it has taken a Hall Of Fame defense to win a Super Bowl without a great quarterback.
                      Welcome dude. Looks like you are settling in nicely.

Comment

• DragonIce
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2021
                        • Arizona
                        • Send PM

I grew up in Cali and was Rams fan as child. Went to UCLA. After college I moved to Dallas... one year before Troy Aikman landed in Dallas as #1 pick. You can guess what happened next...I became Cowboys fan.

After 25 years I'm beat down with Jerry Jones and the way he runs the Cowboys...as the hobby of a drunken fool. So I'm hoping to transition my loyalties to the Chargers. Can I do it?

I've been lurking here a bit the past two months. Was won over by Herbert and the signing of Staley as HC. I've been impressed with this forum so far.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
                          I grew up in Cali and was Rams fan as child. Went to UCLA. After college I moved to Dallas... one year before Troy Aikman landed in Dallas as #1 pick. You can guess what happened next...I became Cowboys fan.

After 25 years I'm beat down with Jerry Jones and the way he runs the Cowboys...as the hobby of a drunken fool. So I'm hoping to transition my loyalties to the Chargers. Can I do it?

I've been lurking here a bit the past two months. Was won over by Herbert and the signing of Staley as HC. I've been impressed with this forum so far.
                          Welcome to the Bolt family. We are small...but we are passionate about this team. Got a couple of UCLA grads in my family.

Comment

Working...
                          X