• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bartman83642
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

For what it's worth here is my view as a new guy coming over from CMB. When I first saw some of the swearing I was a little shocked. Not offended mind you just surprised as I'm not used to seeing it on most message boards. I rarely swear myself unless I'm around people I know well and they use similar language. I just grew up being taught to be respectful this way. But really to see it in a post is not a big deal to me and doesn't bother me as long as it is not directed to attack another poster. In today's society it is pretty much just a part of how people express themselves.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post
      For what it's worth here is my view as a new guy coming over from CMB. When I first saw some of the swearing I was a little shocked. Not offended mind you just surprised as I'm not used to seeing it on most message boards. I rarely swear myself unless I'm around people I know well and they use similar language. I just grew up being taught to be respectful this way. But really to see it in a post is not a big deal to me and doesn't bother me as long as it is not directed to attack another poster. In today's society it is pretty much just a part of how people express themselves.
      I appreciate your input brother. I know its a big change between the 2 forums. I hope you stick around. Love having you guys with us.

Im working on trying to get a new filter option for our users. Might not be a possibility though.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

CMBers, we are lucky these football dudes, with their long-standing board, will have us.

Blend in with the scenery.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• bartman83642
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I appreciate your input brother. I know its a big change between the 2 forums. I hope you stick around. Love having you guys with us.

Im working on trying to get a new filter option for our users. Might not be a possibility though.
          If you can you can and if you can't you can't. Won't stop me from being here. I guess if others can't deal with it, their loss.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
            Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
            • Jun 2013
            • Palm Springs
            • I know nothing
            • Send PM

In Vietnam we used the F-word for everything. Kind of like an entrenching tool, multi-use. We used it for commas, emphasis, disgust, happiness.... But back in the world we had to readapt so I don't use it much anymore but it would be hypocritical for me to object to anyone else's usage given how many times I used it then. I wonder if people who object ever watch movies these days.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Hotter than hell, Georgia
              • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

If you can you can and if you can't you can't. Won't stop me from being here. I guess if others can't deal with it, their loss.
                Thanks man. I heard back from my coder and he said it isnt possible. Doesnt look to good for a user option profanity filter. It would be a global thing. Make many of my current members unhappy in order to please a lot of potential CMB members that wont necessarily come here anyways. I do believe our more loose and adult nature is why many of our members are here. That and they dont feel like they have to walk on eggshells. We simply wont ban here unless my warnings of crap behavior go unnoticed by those i warn. I really try to work with members to make them happy and give them the chance to change before cutting them. Really only ban for trolling and personal attacks here. But it still takes me a while to get to a point where i let someone go for unwillingness to listen to me.

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 3.37.22 PM.png

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
                  In Vietnam we used the F-word for everything. Kind of like an entrenching tool, multi-use. We used it for commas, emphasis, disgust, happiness.... But back in the world we had to readapt so I don't use it much anymore but it would be hypocritical for me to object to anyone else's usage given how many times I used it then. I wonder if people who object ever watch movies these days.
                  LMAO

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Test

White trash ****

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      Test

White trash ****
                      Test, fudgesicle.

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

That was originally profanity so whatever filter you put on it works!

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Thats just the standard VB filter. I enter the word i want to censor and thats how it shows up. So we have one word that is censored at this point. Its a word i dont like. lol

Comment

Working...
                          X