• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KarlC
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Trying again to catch up on Continuum. 2 eps behind, not counting last night's. Thank gawd
    for On Demand.

Someone mentioned True Blood. Gotta get caught up on that. Lost track halfway
    through S3. Anna Paquin makes me :drool: .

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Catching up on Under the Dome now.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• KarlC
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Holy crap! Foyle's War is back on! I thought it got cancelled, but guess not.

Yayz!

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• RobH
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Tokyo, Japan
          • University English Lecturer
          • Send PM

I've recently discovered Copper, and I've become a major fan. Great stuff.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Walking Dead premiere tonight!
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
              I've recently discovered Copper, and I've become a major fan. Great stuff.
              Cancelled
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I decided to try and give The Walking Dead another shot. It got so lame last season that I dumped it. The first episode was pretty boring and still had holes in it. Hopefully it gets better.
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• :comeon:

Comment

• Screeme
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    I decided to try and give The Walking Dead another shot. It got so lame last season that I dumped it. The first episode was pretty boring and still had holes in it. Hopefully it gets better.
                    I enjoyed the first season. I thought the second season got boring, but I thought the third season was very good. They decided to put Zombies back into their Zombie TV series; and The Governor was a good character.

I finally caught up to the Netflixable parts of Breaking Bad (which means I haven't seen the last 8 episodes). I've enjoyed watching it, it is definitely very good; but I never thought it reached "Greatest Thing ever Filmed" like I've read in so many places. It was consistently quality, unlike, say.. Dexter. Dexter's second and third seasons were much better than any single BB season (IMO) but that last season of Dex was brutal. There haven't been many BB moments that left me.. I don't know what the word is.. speechless, awed, enthralled.. any combination of that? Nothing like, say, Tyrions speech just before defending Kings Landing in the second season of Game of Thrones "Those are Brave men out there! Lets go kill them!", Or the Rains of Castamere episode.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
                      I enjoyed the first season. I thought the second season got boring, but I thought the third season was very good. They decided to put Zombies back into their Zombie TV series; and The Governor was a good character.

I finally caught up to the Netflixable parts of Breaking Bad (which means I haven't seen the last 8 episodes). I've enjoyed watching it, it is definitely very good; but I never thought it reached "Greatest Thing ever Filmed" like I've read in so many places. It was consistently quality, unlike, say.. Dexter. Dexter's second and third seasons were much better than any single BB season (IMO) but that last season of Dex was brutal. There haven't been many BB moments that left me.. I don't know what the word is.. speechless, awed, enthralled.. any combination of that? Nothing like, say, Tyrions speech just before defending Kings Landing in the second season of Game of Thrones "Those are Brave men out there! Lets go kill them!", Or the Rains of Castamere episode.
                      Dexters best season was the Lithgow season. I thought season 2 was awful. I havent even bothered to watch the past few seasons. People that loved the show were telling me how awful it was so I didnt bother renting it. Same with True Blood. I watched 2 seasons of that and dumped it.

The Walking Dead lost me because there were far too many moments of "people wouldnt do that, it makes no sense". Once those pile up it gets to be annoying. Because the only reason a character does something is to further some storyline and not because that is something a logical person would do(always followed up by the excuse that these people arent thinking logically). So a show about stupid people making stupid decisions? It got old.

Breaking Bad has Face Off, The Hank shootout in the parking lot, Half Measures, Full Measures, Say My Name(Mike down by the River), Watching Jane Die, Turtle Head, Train Robbery and the Drug cartel toast poolside.

I thought Full Measure was the best.
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Screeme
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Dexters best season was definitely the Lithgow season (I thought it was Season 3, but if it wasn't that is what I meant)

I agree that those are good episodes of Breaking Bad. Half Measure really took me by surprise, so did the end of the Train Robbery and Lily of the Valley reveal (which made me take 5 minutes and re piece the episodes together) I just think that Breaking Bad has been consistently VERY good, but putting it as the greatest thing ever set to film may be reaching a bit.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Watching season 3 of Homeland and i cant stand how they have made the daughter the lead story so far. I cant stand her.

Comment

Working...
                          X