• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millionaire Wussy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
    Bummer. I watched the first two seasons on Netflix, guess I'll see the third sometime and that will be that. Maybe it will get picked up by another network. I guess A&E will probably churn out some Duck Dynasty spinoff instead.
    If younger folk are tuning out television (cable TV mainly) then maybe Netflix picking it up and continuing the series could be a solution. I'm guessing younger people would appreciate Longmire if they knew about it. Maybe I'm dreaming.:facepalm: Longmire is one of my favorites.
    For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• mikec
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by KarlC View Post
      Watched Z-Nation tonight.
      Caught an ep last night and decided to DVR the series to see where it goes. At least it doesn't try to insult your intelligence quite as badly as Walking Dead does and definitely plays things a bit TIC (like the Liberty Bell and the Flight of the Valkyries).

Comment

• KarlC
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by mikec View Post
        Caught an ep last night and decided to DVR the series to see where it goes. At least it doesn't try to insult your intelligence quite as badly as Walking Dead does and definitely plays things a bit TIC (like the Liberty Bell and the Flight of the Valkyries).
        I tried Walking Dead, but couldn't get past the 2nd or 3rd ep. Just lost me.

Z-Nation seems pretty light-hearted so-to-speak. Just going for it and not really trying for high art or Emmys.
        Despite it looking low-budget and not having "great" actors, it's good popcorn/beer & pizza stuff for the weekend,
        or in my case, I can wait a couple weeks and watch 2 or 3 at once On Demand. Hope it doesn't get cancelled and
        replaced with another reality show.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

Anyone watching any of the new fall shows?

I'm giving Gotham a try, the first 2 were ok.

Also tried "Mulaney" comedy on Fox. He was one of the top writers on SNL and known as a very good comic. I'm hopeful that works out, because most of the sitcoms are just, not good.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
            This particular episode of "Iyanla: Fix my Life" is pretty sad really. But also a little humorous. It's the fourth show on this one dude (Jay Williams) who fathered 34 children with 17 women. That he knows of I'm guessing. She also did a show in Ferguson, MO that was very good regarding the unsatisfied people who live there and the police. Really a great episode IMO.

"A Penus Between Us"

http://allmyvideos.net/xhdnvc0k04n4
            Here's the follow-up show(s) on the Jay Williams saga. It was very emotional for me. I don't have kids and haven't slept around like many of these guys have but there's a sense of community regardless. I'm not black either....but that doesn't seem to matter to my emotions. Very deep stuff. Here's the link to this double show (you can hit any of the links for the show (I chose "allmyvideos.net" and that worked great). I loved this.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Only 1 show so far, but very positive reaction to NBC's "Marry Me". That was a pretty well done sitcom. Looks like it has potential. Love the cast, and the leads are both great.

Comment

• KarlC
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

I'm AMAZINGLY pissed at the Discovery family of networks.

One of their channels, American Heroes Channel (formerly The Military Channel) had a brilliant WWI documentary called "The War to End All Wars". It was 5 episodes in length. The first 4 episodes appeared in my On Demand menu with regularity. However, the 5th and final episode is nowhere to be found.

Hey, Discovery Network DOUCHEBAGS! I waited to watch that damn episode because I thought it would be On Demand LIKE ALL THE OTHER EPISODES!

F**k my tv-life. -_-

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

I like How It's Made and Bluebloods.

EDIT: It's NOT "How It's Made" (that's a Discovery Channel show) that I like. The one I like is on PBS. It's a LOT better. Similar sounding title but MUCH better show.

I GOT IT! http://video.pbssocal.org/video/2365347263/

"How We Got To Now" is a six-part doc apparently. Which sounds like it won't have additional seasons. I hope it goes another season. It's actually interesting to watch. "How It's Made" puts me to sleep. I think it's the narrator.
                  Last edited by Millionaire Wussy; 10-19-2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• KarlC
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Someone recommended to me Gotham.

Any reviews? I thought it looked like something that should be on the WB, but this guy was serious.

SD guy in OZ

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      Parts Unknown and Inside Man make for great Sunday night TV. Parts Unknown keeps getting better and Inside Man was heartbreaking to see what shelter life is like for dogs.
                      I just saw the Parts Unknown show in Vietnam. That was an experience. and I didn't even get to eat anything! I recall Bourdain going to Vietnam in his No Reservations show and that was an equally satisfying experience...maybe moreso due to a woman telling her personal heart-breaking story of the war (amazing stuff). The people there really do hide their pain well. Not a complimentary observation necessarily but merely an observation. Very different society than ours.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by KarlC View Post
                        Someone recommended to me Gotham.

Any reviews? I thought it looked like something that should be on the WB, but this guy was serious.
                        Gotham is pretty good so far. I'm not putting down as a "must watch" show, but it's one of those shows I'll dvr and watch when there isn't much on.

Although with BB season coming up, I'm not going to have as much time.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

Although with BB season coming up, I'm not going to have as much time.
                          Breaking Bad already had its series finale.

Maybe you meant Better Call Saul
                          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                          X